Chapter 63: New god does Campfire
1.9k 4 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean by your father is Dracula? Dracula is not real right? I mean isn't he like made up for children's stories?" Vanessa cut in not believing in a myth like Dracula.

"You are adventuring with a living god, killing vampires in Europe to try to find the key to open a portal to another dimension and you are doubting if Dracula is real or not." Blade said with an expressionless face.

"Well, when you say it like that..." Vanessa mumbled to herself.

"Anyways as I was saying I want your help in killing my father Dracula. As for the reason I wanna kill him, its mostly personal. He abandoned me and my mother when I was not even born. He banished my mother out of his kingdom just because he didn't like his marriage with her." Lilith said sadly.

"I lost everything because of him, my childhood, my mother everything all while he enjoyed his undead life with his bitches. Killing him is my ultimate desire and I will kill him even if it is the last thing I do." She concluded her very impressively cold revenge speech.

"Okay, I guess that's fair, as far as fair goes but how did you come to know the password to the Otherworld and what is Blade doing all the way here in Europe?" Rudeus asked to try to satiate his curiosity.

"Well, I learnt it from one of the citizens of the Otherworld directly when I helped her. She was quite a good person and was also supposed to be from a noble heritage there so I am sure it works." Lilith spoke in a low voice as it seemed like she missed this friend of hers.

"As for me, I am here to merely avenge my mother. Dracula resurrected my dead mother as his loyal vampire bride to try to kill me by her hands. His plan failed of course, I killed my mother... again. But I promised her that I will avenge her by staking the vampire that disturbed her eternal sleep. That's why I am here to kill him, permanently." He said as he also revealed his sad backstory.

Rudeus could almost hear the sad music playing in the background.

"I see. Fine, I'll help you guys kill the edgelord, I mean vampire lord. But in return you'll not only give me the way to enter into the otherworld but also a favour from the both of you. Do you agree?" Rudeus asked as he tried to make a deal.

"Why do I have to owe you a favour? I never said that I need your help in killing Dracula." Blade retorted.

"So you think that you being a half vampire with satisfactory skills at armed combat can defeat and kill an immortal king of vampires who have centuries of knowledge and experience of fighting vampire hunters as well as possess mystic powers that you have never even heard of?" Rudeus tried to scare him into accepting his help.

"..." Blade couldn't really retort as even he realized that his chances of winning against Dracula was more or less negligible.

"He will accept your help Atem, we both will. So please help us." Lilith quickly intervened before Blade could say anything else.

"Done. We will leave tomorrow at dawn, of course that's if you actually know where his castle is. But tonight we rest." Rudeus said while looking at the noble vampire.

"I do know where Castle Dracula is. And you are right, its better to go in the morning when the vampires will be weaker and lesser in number. Until then we can rest in one of the gypsies' huts. Since you helped them, I am pretty sure that they will be glad to help you in return as well."

They all agreed at the suggestion and began to help the locals repair the broken parts of the village. Them using their supernatural physical abilities to do that really made the work much easier.

Even Rudeus helped them since he didn't want to come off as an arrogant god who only cared about himself.

The gypsies were really thankful for their help as they even organized a campfire to thank their new benefactors.

"Hey, you want a beer?" Blade offered Rudeus a beer can awkwardly like an introvert who was dared to talk with a girl.

"You don't do this often do you?" Rudeus smiled amusedly at his awkwardness.

"It it that obvious? Well truthfully I do sometimes share a beer with my friend and mentor but considering that he is probably the only one I do so with, I guess I am not that much of a social butterfly." Blade smiled at Rudeus which looked really creepy with his shades on at night.

"Well neither am I. I don't exactly have a lot of bros myself since I am mostly surrounded by a lot of females because I am trying to make a harem for myself." Rudeus uttered as he was feeling quite friendly today.

"..." Blade just stared at him with an expressionless face.

"Oh come on, don't judge me. Having a harem is like every man's wet dream. Also everyone has a weakness. Yours is that inhaler you take every few hours and mine is having a group of beautiful women in my life. Getting a second lover is always hard but after that, it just becomes too easy. For me, it has almost become addicting." Rudeus confessed to Blade.

"Oh I am not judging you. I am just surprised that you are capable of handling more than one woman. I mean I am barely keeping my relationship working." Blade complained to Rudeus.

"Well I guess we are in the same boat huh, just on different sides." Rudeus smiled.

"Yeah I guess so. Well here's to women and keeping them around." Blade clinked his beer can with Rudeus'.

"Rejoice for I have come with the food everyone." Vanessa suddenly declared as she came holding a big tray filled with steak followed by Lilith holding another one.

"Oh good. Now this is my type of party." Rudeus laughed. He was really enjoying the night.

These happy moments are the reason why he even bothers living a human life, why he wants to be powerful enough to not only survive but also actually live freely.


Also you can check out my Pat reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your amazing author. I have a lot of chapters in advance there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, ie, 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)

 
84