Chapter 132: Furious Problems (1)
1.1k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

"It's no fun if you don't try other options once you know they exist"

– Yu Nishinoya | Haikyuu

---

Turns out that Claudine really wasn't so innocent at all. After receiving Mr. Sinister's memories and knowledge, she wanted to continue his research in her own way. Nathaniel had chosen well for the girl to be his inheritor since even without his twisted personality and ego embedded in her, she still had the passion to be a scientist and explore finding out the 'truths' of the world.

So I allowed her to do exactly that on the condition that any project she undertakes will have to be approved by either me or Zoya and also she won't be making any sentient clones or doing any research using my DNA unless explicitly commanded to do so. Of course, I wasn't an idiot to expect a girl with a curiosity like that to follow my condition but I was sure that Zoya could easily keep an eye on her.

For the next few years, she would be really busy with the projects I had assigned her and wouldn't even have a moment to consider researching a topic forbidden by me. And by the time, her workload reduces, I would have probably made her a minor god under me to get her absolute loyalty.

I wanted to make everyone a New god under me but I couldn't do it at once. After making Morgana one, I would have to wait at least a month for me to go back to my previous level of strength. So I decided to slowly make the people closest to me New gods once every two or three months giving myself enough time to recharge back to my full power after every conversion.

As for Madelyne Pryor, the clone of Jean Grey, well I had initially thought that I would have to 'tie the loose end' that she was. I never trusted clones especially one that was well-known in the comics to be an incarnation of the evil antithesis of the Phoenix force, the Goblin force. But, she didn't show any signs or traits of being a psychotic villain, so I gave her a chance and left her alone for Jean to... train.

Truthfully I had no desire for her body. She looked the exact same as Jean and Jean was one of the most sexually active people I knew so having a crush on her 'possibly evil' twin wasn't exactly the first feeling I had although as a self-respecting male, I would never say no to being sandwiched between two hot twin redheads.

But of course, I didn't propose that to Jean myself. The women in my life were barely adjusting to me being involved in multiple relationships. Let me tell you something, a harem isn't exactly as fun as it sounds because it comes with its own disadvantages. Just like you get multiple beautiful badass women as your lovers, you also get potential multiple women continuously scheming to get ahead of each other as well as trying to kick the others out of your life somehow.

The women in my 'harem' were the same. There were different types of girls in it, from girls like Ororo who just focused on trying to strengthen their relationship with me, to Jean, Vanessa, and Psylocke who did their best to share me but also at times did their best to hoard all my attention to them to girls like Emma and Selene who downright tried to undermine the other girls and increase their own importance in my heart through any way possible. There were also some who had a crush on me but had no way to approach me like Wanda or Shiklah who was basically a perverted voyeur trying to regularly observe me doing the deed with other women for some reason.

Sometimes, it made things even more awkward especially when multiple of my women were present in the same room. That's why when Zoya and Jean came up with something called 'the structure', I didn't deny the idea the very moment after hearing it. It was some kind of method to determine which women would have a higher position among my growing circle of devotees.

Now I personally didn't want to differentiate between my lovers. I wanted to take care of all of them equally and as best as possible especially since I am the one benefitting from their sacrifice of sharing me. But after hearing about 'The Structure', the women themselves wanted it to be established saying that it would be the most fair way to showcase their talents and power to me.

The structure was supposed to be some kind of credit-based official ranking system that would help me choose which one of my women contributed the most as a member of the family or who made the most achievements in a year. The ranking would determine who should get the most influence in the 'harem' and thus would get various extra benefits like extra dates, or extra time with me. The highest rank holder would also be the official queen of the year and would have the highest authority among them.

The system was poised to start from the year 2000 and any woman romantically involved with me could participate in it.

Of course, a lot of ground rules were also set up like the members of the structure couldn't harm each other physically or mentally or try to destroy each other's plans against anybody outside my faction since that could be counterproductive against my future plans.

All in all, it was a system that could bring some peace to the continuous jabbers and resolve the useless minor arguments that were taking place among the girls regularly by directing their energy into achieving something actually useful.

"Heya boss. I am here on behalf of Lady Zoya to inform you that I found something interesting at a building of one of the countless organizations connected with Mr. Sinister that we have been raiding for the last week. It's something like the Weapon Plus program 2.0..." Gwenpoole broke my chain of thoughts as she came into the room I was sitting in and reported like an army soldier.

"Wait, you are on behalf of Zoya? But isn't Zoya everywhere? Why would she send you when her face is literally floating on the computer in front of me?" I asked confused as I looked at Zoya listening to everything happening.

"I didn't. She begged me to let her be the one to inform you about our findings. Apparently, she has a secret agent fetish." Zoya teased her as she showed me a holographic image of Gwenpoole bowing down in front of the mother box.

"Oh, okay. So, anyways what organization is this, and how long it would take to bring them down?" I asked as I tried to ignore the betrayed teary expression that Gwenpoole was making on her face.

It's not really a major organization. It was just a recently established organization that came to power after the death of Strycker and has already started to crumble after we started doubling down on its sources of financing and its political sponsors..." Zoya began to inform me but was soon interrupted by Gwen.

"It was actually quite a famous organization in the comics, not due to its own achievement but because it gave an important member of the X-men a sad origin required for all heroes to have. Its name is the Foundation... a stupid name when they don't have much of it due to its newly established status but still an important organization nonetheless." Gwen could not help but joke.

---

<(Nick Fury pov)>

"No, I told you to get me all the info you could find on Victor Von Doom, the king of Latveria, not some stupid game you idiot," I said as I threw the file on my desk which contained a bunch of photos of a beefy guy wearing some kind of cool armor from a game.

"But you said to give you a report on Doom. You didn't tell me that... *sigh* fine sir. I'll make the report and pass it on to Coultson." The man in front of me murmured as he picked up the file and quietly left.

These people truly test me. How did these mother fuckers even get a job at Shield? Did I not make the recruitment tests hard enough? Goddamn, all this is really affecting my blood pressure.

The world was changing faster than I or the other ordinary members of humanity could adapt to it and everything I knew as normal in my life was slowly breaking down right in front of me. With an entire island suddenly coming from space, skin-changing alien invaders walking around with us, some kind of ancient mutant pharaoh blowing away all nuclear weapons into the far depths of space, racist metal-controlling nazi, and a super powerful mutant masquerading as a god and messiah, all the people in the high positions of government all over the planet were royally fucked.

Even the high and mighty vampire clans that had remained hidden for hundreds of years in society were coming out of their sleep to actively participate in different world affairs.

Maybe I should have just quit the first time I saw a Skrull.

As I was going through these depressing thoughts and noting down my different plans to handle the most sensitive of our pending global issues, particularly the mutant or metahuman issue, an email came into my computer from Pierce.

Alexander Pierce has been one of my biggest supporters and was more or less a mentor and friend. He always had my back no matter what but recently even that was changing. He has been pressuring me to approve some useless projects and even blocking finances for certain projects that were much more important like the Avengers initiative.

Politics, he called it. A necessary game to keep the others off my back and give me more control over Shield, he called it. But I doubted it.

Anyways, seeing the email and its urgency as described in the subject, I immediately got up and walked in the direction of the conference room. Whatever they want to discuss so urgently, I can see it being a source of a major headache for me.

---

Don't forget to comment and 'favorite' this chapter if you like it.

Also, you can check out my Pat reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your amazing author.

Right now I have about 20 chapters in advance there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, i.e., the 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)

49