Chapter 18- Spar
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emelia stood silently, waiting for him to return from his dreamland. As she looked around, she saw maps and many books on a table.

 

They seemed ancient, the paper yellowing and the writing growing blurry. It showed the Dylarr Empire controlling the whole mainland. And the Hian Empire, which on the map was called Levut, controlled only the islands.

 

As the maps looked more and more new, so grew the territory of Hian, until it controlled the north of the continent. In the most recent map, the capital had moved from the island to the mainland.

 

“Our small and primitive country grew into an empire. Quite amazing is it not? Although it took centuries, it was all worth it. And it will be worth it when the future generations fight too.” He stared at the maps.

 

“I wasn’t the first general, and I won’t be the last. Those bastards in Dylarr don’t deserve to rule the world. Us, Hian, we will fight them with every ounce of strength!” He glared at the words ‘Dylarr’ on all of the maps, only softening as he saw the words becoming less and less magnificent.

 

Emelia nodded. “As long as you, the informal representative of Hian, give yourself to Larystaro. Dylarr will be nothing more than a bug, while Hian will become a shining star within this world.” Duke Kar stiffened as he heard her words.

 

“Although I don’t doubt you, my Empress. Dylarr is quite powerful, calling them bugs isn’t very appropriate?” He pointed at the map.

 

Emelia laughed. “If a tiny country like Hian can fight against Dylarr, then Larystaro wouldn’t even need to acknowledge its presence to destroy it. Here look at this.”

 

She reached into her jacket and pulled out her Phase Pistol. Duke Kar stared at it confused.

 

“What’s the least valuable item within this room?” Duke Kar looked around and pointed at a metal box in the corner.

 

Emelia glanced at the box and slightly raised her hand to shoot the box.

 

“Pa~” Duke Kar looked at the box and saw a hole. The surroundings of the hole were red hot, even melting. He ran over to the box and moved it away from the wall. Behind the box, the wall also had a hole.

 

“This.. This wall and box both are made of Dragon Steel. How did you..” He stared at the gun.

 

“This is a very basic and primitive weapon. It has even become obsolete a couple of hundred years ago in Larystaro, in favour of much better weapons. So think for yourself. If such a weapon were to be used in a war in this world, what would happen?” Emelia revealed a big smile as she spoke.

 

Duke Kar stared at it as he contemplated. His eyes slowly widened. He parted his gaze from the gun and looked back at Emelia.

 

“You say.. A powerful weapon such as this… Is obsolete?” He stared blankly in disbelief.

 

“Mhm. Though, it doesn’t matter does it? If someone gets close to you, it won't matter if the gun is powerful is it? That is why we train in melee combat also. I dare say, no one in this world can even compare to the melee combat of the basic infantry of Larystaro.” Emelia walked around Duke Kar as he followed her with his gaze.

 

“Kar, you must be very able since you became a general right? Even if you are retired, you must still have those skills. Come, spar me.” Emelia once again put her hand, which held the pistol, into her jacket.

 

But instead of taking it out empty handed, she pulled out a small dark purple dagger. Small intricate marks on the dagger glowed a red light. The royal Larystaro emblem embedded on the black guard.

 

As she did this, with her other hand she sent out a strand of Qi which made one of the swords on the wall fly towards Duke Kar.

 

Duke Kar saw it fly towards him and barely caught it.

 

“Your Majesty! I don’t think we shou-” Emelia jumped towards him and swung the dagger down. Duke Kar quickly lifted the sword which deflected the dagger to the side.

 

“Good reflexes” She praised as she back away in a flash.

 

Duke Kar suddenly realised that she wanted to test his ability. He quickly took up a defensive position, the sword in his hand straight in front of him, legs apart for stability.

 

Seeing that Duke Kar readied himself, she charged again.

 

Emelia grinned as she sent a stab towards his shoulder, which Duke Kar struggled to react to, nearly causing him to be stabbed.

 

Then quickly again, she slashed at his throat. Only this time, he didn’t manage to react. As he saw the blade approach him, he could only look at Emelia to tell her he couldn’t react.

 

And indeed, before the blade reached him, it stopped. Emelia slightly nodded.

 

“Your reaction speed is quite good, but it’s not enough. You need to train more.” She casually said

 

“Now, attack me.” She stood as if nothing was going to happen.

 

Duke Kar grimaced and began running towards her. He was preparing to slash in a second, but as he was about to stop running, he tripped.

 

He dropped face first right in front of Emelia black boots.

 

As he slowly stood up he heard Emelia laugh quietly.

 

“You shouldn’t just focus on your target. What about your surroundings? Come on. You wouldn’t just charge at a singular person in a battlefield would you? Come again!” Duke Kar glanced at the ball of blue light that Emelia held in her hands and understood that she had been the one that tripped him.

 

He walked back to his original position and closed his eyes, preparing his body and feeling his surroundings.

 

He suddenly opened his eyes and once again ran towards Emelia, this time keeping an eye on anything that could trip him again.

 

As he was about to stab, he felt a force strike his head from behind, planting his face into the ground as he tripped again.

 

“Friendly archer accidentally shot you from behind, dead. Again!”

 

He stood up and glared at Emelia and quickly walked back to his position.

 

“Friendly fighter accidentally stabbed you from the side, dead. Again.”

 

“Enemy fighter threw something at you, dead. Again.”

1