Chapter 19- Training
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the top of Sword Mountain, in a little cave, smoke rose from a bright fire. The small group of Kars sat huddled around the campfire. 

 

It had already turned night, so it was cold, especially on a 5000m mountain. This mountain is the highest in the area so nothing gave cover against the harsh wind..

 

“Big Brothers, I’m worried about Teacher and Dad. They’ve been gone a whole day, maybe something’s happened. We should go look right?” Kornela looked at the entrance of the cave.

 

It had begun to snow, but they were fortunately deeper inside so it didn’t reach them, though it wouldn’t matter even if it did reach them. 

 

They were trai

ned in Body Techniques since birth, so although it is very cold, they can easily absorb and hold more heat from the fire.

 

“It’s fine, didn’t Dad say that Teacher was way stronger than even him?” Kalane exclaimed heartily. As she said this, her stick, which was above the fire slowly cooking a sausage began to burn.

 

“Ah, Ah~? Ah!” She let out a few different sounds before realising the fire. She quickly tapped Leo who just laughed at her.

 

As she was about to throw it down, the fire extinguished. She stared at it confused.

 

“Thanks for the sausage, a bit crisp but I guess it’s a fine return gift.” She quickly looked beside her to see Emelia sitting down, hot steam coming from her mouth as she held the roasting sausage in her hand.

 

“Teacher!” They all exclaimed. 

 

“Where is Fa--” As Kalene was about to ask Emilia, they heard cursing outside the cave.

 

“God damn fucking snow.” Duke Kar looked like a snowman, his whole body was covered with snow, and his long hair had begun to freeze into icicles.

 

When he entered the cave he saw everyone staring at him. Seeing them not let up their gazes he quickly shouted at them. “What’re you lookin’ at? Give me some damn clothes, it’s freezing!” He blushed, either from embarrassment, anger, cold or all three.

 

Leo looked at Agor, and he nodded quickly as he threw one of his bags to Duke Kar.

 

“Alright, while he gets into some new clothes, the rest of you, follow me.” Emelia finished her sausage and stood up.

 

“Come, we’re going to train.” She began walking outside. As she neared the entrance, all the snow outside began to visibly disappear, in place of the snow, water and slush appeared.

 

And as she got closer, the water began to evaporate. Thick, compact fog surrounded them nearly instantly.

 

“Your first mission is to find each other, and don’t worry, you won’t be able to get injured here.” Kalene heard Emelias voice coming from every direction as she held her hand to her face, seeing how far she could see.

 

I won’t disappoint you! Kalene made a fist and quickly spread out her Space Energy. Emelia had told her that Space Energy was superior in scouting and the like.

 

Instead of seeing the usual rough outline of objects as she normally would, she only felt darkness, as if she hadn’t done anything.

Space Energy doesn’t work? Then.. What are we training?

 

“T..Teacher! What are we training for?” She shouted out. She waited for a response but got nothing.

 

“Mhm! Teacher knows what's best, I must overcome this!”

 

Kalene tried every method she knew. Normal Magic Energy? Useless. Space Energy? Useless. Walking around and hoping for the best? Useless.

 

After walking around for a long time she just sat down hopelessly. She had hoped that by walking everywhere she would be able to find someone at the very least, but no, she didn’t find anyone.

 

Her only wish was that she could be everywhere, then she would definitely find someone!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In another part of the fog, close to Kalene was Agor. 

 

Unlike Kalene, who was having a relaxed time, Agor, sword in hand, was fighting a tiger. 

 

It was fully white, made of fog. 

 

Whenever his saber reached the tiger, it only slightly deformed it. Quickly reforming as he backed away.

 

It felt completely real, whenever he slashed, he felt the resistance. Whenever it roared, it shook him.

 

“This god damn training! I don’t want to die, teacher!” He roared back at the tiger with some fear as he stabbed it.

 

The misty tiger glared at him lifelessly. He got down low, ready to pounce.

 

Agor quickly got into a defensive position as the tiger near instantly jumped on top of him.

 

Agor raised his saber to be right in front of him, then he felt the whole weight of the tiger on him.

 

The tiger jumped right into the saber which pierced it completely. Mist flew out from both sides of the holes, it quickly deformed and deflated.

 

“Haa~~ That was close..” He was about to relax as he saw another animal, this time a 3 tailed fox appeared.

 

“This.. A Magic creature!?” He let out a shriek as he ran away.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Empress, would you like some tea?” Duke Kar asked as he stared dumbly at his children stabbing and slashing the air right next to each other.

 

“Yeah, thanks!” Emelia giggled as she waved her hand towards Agor who had just fallen.

 

Then she looked at Leo who was also in the same predicament as Agor and began to laugh menacingly.

 

Duke Kar also glared at Agor and Leo. They both began to run in place, yet getting closer and closer to each other.

 

Emelia looked at Kalene with disappointment, she was just sitting there doing nothing.

She then moved her gaze onto Kornela who was just spewing out magic from her sword into the illusionary eagle constantly pecking at her.

 

“If you could see your children..” She sighed towards Duke Kar who could only blush as he stared at them.

 

“Well. Maybe I should teach them a bit more theory before rushing to the practical bits, I was hoping that maybe one of them cou--” Before she could finish speaking she put her full focus onto Kalene.

 

As she stared she began laughing, even more menacing than before.

1