Chapter 24- Dylarr Royalty
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ha, so you crawled all the way here? How did an old man like you survive my kind citizens? Very funny, but unfortunately for you, I am not my father, I will lead my Empire to rule the world. As for peace? Who needs peace when you are superior?” He burst out laughing maniacally.

 

Emperor Synlthius was only a young elf, merely 20 years old. His father died at the border Dylarr/Kand while he was attacking a Kand fort with a company of Soul Severing Qi cultivators.

 

Clearly being a young elf, yet having to take the position of Emperor and ruler of all elves did not go well with his mentality. He himself was a Soul Gathering cultivator, which was the bare minimum for him to become Emperor

 

“W.. What do you mean?” Toki Kan stuttered as Emperor Synlthius got off his throne made of a black steel.

 

Emperor Synlthius only shook his head and pointed a finger at Toki Kan. “Burn.”

 

In an instant fire engulfed Toki. Screams pierced the palace as the elven guards stood staring at Toki indifferently.

 

The smell of burning flesh quickly spread throughout the throne room. He stared at Toki with a big smile as Toki was slowly becoming a charred pile of ash and small bones.

 

“Clean that up, and send the bones to Kand with a note. ‘From Gilran Synlthius, for my father.’, got it?” Emperor Synlthius glanced at the elven knight in black armour beside him.

 

The knight nodded and walked over to Tokis bones. Slowly picking them up and placing them into a bag.

 

Some servants entered with a broom and a plate and brushed all the ashes onto the plate.

 

Just as quickly as they entered, they left, leaving no trace of Toki being there.

 

“Your Majesty, Royal Princess Serena hasn’t returned; she's probably been captured.” An old elf entered just as the servants were leaving.

 

“That’s fine Relt, she’s probably dead by now, find someone else to do it.” Emperor Sylthius answered indifferently.

 

The old elf nodded and also left, only leaving behind the emperor, who just closed his eyes and relaxed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“K, Uo~, R~. Kur.” Serena opened her mouth to allow Emelia to see where to put her tongue to pronounce words.

 

“Kur. Was that pronunciation ok?” Emelia asked

 

“Ah~, ok next.” Serena nodded.

 

Serena woke up and found Emelia staring at her body with intense passion, but seeing that she was dressed again she relaxed.

 

She was quickly confused again as Emelia began to speak, she quickly understood that Emelia wanted to learn her language.

 

“You’re a very fast learner, you must have a good talent in languages.” Serena spoke a bit too quickly so she repeated it again for Emelia.

 

“Mhm, ie supwose, ie now ma~ni languag.” Emelia spoke seriously but Serena only giggled.

 

“You’re speaking like a baby would.” She laughed out loud as she saw Emelia’s serious face speaking like that.

 

“Uou’re rite, com hyry.” Serena shuffled over to Emelia.

 

Coming into range, Emelia put her hand on Serena’s temple.

 

“Is this better? The one true weakness of this thing is that I need to know some vocabulary before I can acquire the accent and all.” Emelia spoke confidently.

 

Meanwhile Serena’s jaw nearly dropped. She pointed at Emelia and stuttered. “B… But! How! It takes decades for humans to learn our language and even then it’s still difficult!”

 

“Who said I’m human?” Emelia smiled mischievously at her and patted her head.

 

Serena looked confused but didn’t complain anymore.

 

“Now that we can properly communicate, who are you?” Emelia pulled out the red gem from before and put it between her and Serena.

 

“Communication between Yue Rosefell and Subject Serena in Dylarrian beginning now.” Serena glanced at Emelia speaking a weird language she couldn’t even begin to try and pronounce, all she heard was her name in a very weird pronunciation.

 

“Mhm, my name is Gilran Serena, a royal branch of the Dylarr Royal Family, my cousin is the Emperor. I assume you know nothing of elves, so I’ll just say some random things. We elves use the first name as a surname and the second name is our name. Opposite of the way humans have it.” Emelia nodded as it was the same way in the Jericho Federation.

 

Being rebellious, they changed it so that the surname comes first.

 

Emelia took out her Fallen University emblem. “Do you know this?”

 

“Oh yeah, isn’t that the Divine Cult’s Emblem? My father was part of that… Before my brother..” Serena trailed off.

 

“Ok, well, since you’re a leader of Dylarr, I’ll introduce myself. I am Yue Rosefell, Empress of Larystaro. But you call me Emelia Fellwood. I am taking you under the banner of the Empire, you can’t leave anymore, not that you have a choice.” Emelia smiled happily at Serena.

 

“What’s Larystaro, I’ve never heard of such an Empire, is it one of those small nations?” Serena looked at Emelia with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Puff, a small nation? It isn’t even in this world, if anything, this whole world is just a backwater place.” Emelia bragged with pride.

 

“You know what, inspect that emblem.” Emelia gave it to Serena.

 

Taking it, she looked carefully, only seeing the black figure with wings and a pair of red eyes.

 

“There’s noth--” She jumped up and covered her mouth as she stared at Emelia with fear.

 

“Ahh, feels nice to stretch.” Emelia sniggered at Serena's shock. She had stretched out her black wings and flapped them slightly, as if she were about to take off.

 

“Haaa~” She poured a cup of tea for herself. “Ilas really makes the best tea leaves.”

 

Serena was completely stiff. She rubbed her eyes multiple times to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.

 

She wanted to reach out and touch them but didn’t dare. Embarrassed, she looked at Emelias face and nearly cried out.

 

Blood red eyes and a small purple halo above her head.

 

She quickly picked up the emblem she dropped when she jumped and compared them.

 

Nearly the exact same, only that the emblem had left out the halo.

 

“Y.. You’re from the divine race imprinted on the emblem? A.. And you’re the leader of all of the people? S.. So doesn’t that mean that you’re the leader of the Divine Cult? And who are the divine beings that the Goddess’ Church worships?”

 

Emelia raised an eyebrow. “Goddess’ Church, those guys? They worship the Jericho Federation, a bunch of bastards.

1