Chapter 25- Spicy Roast
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Jericho Federation? So there are empires even in the divine realm?” Serena looked at the emblem with complicated feelings.

 

“Think of it like this, Hian is Larystaro and Dylarr is the Federation. The only difference is that we rebelled and were pushed out of the Federations universe. Though by now we are probably strong enough to completely destroy them.” Emelia picked up 2 knives from the bedside table.

 

Then she grabbed a glass. “See this glass? This is your world, Pytha. These knives? Larystaro and the Federation. Watch.”

 

She tossed the glass up and threw the 2 knives after it as quick as lightning, even leaving a trail of silver. 

 

The glass fell onto the fur carpet below not damaging it at all.

 

Serena looked confused, did Emelia miss? Walking over casually she picked up the glass and held it in front of her face.

 

The knives had left 4 holes in the glass yet somehow didn’t break it.

 

“Do you understand?” Emelia smiled as she waved for the knives, which quickly returned to her.

 

Serena still having her hand in the figure of holding the glass shook her head.

 

Emelia nearly facepalmed and sighed. “Basically, we can both destroy Pytha without any effort and still continue forward.”

 

 “Oh yeah, keep that emblem, it’s yours now. You’re not royalty anymore, you’re now the general of the Larystarian Elf Vanguard.” She smiled as she said this.

 

Serena held the emblem staring at Emelia. She put on a complicated expression before slowly becoming resolute. She dropped to her. “Serena Synlthius greets Goddess Yue. I wish to have the chance to avenge my father under Goddess.”

 

“Granted. You may as well take it that he’s dead already.” Emelia placed her hand on Serena's head.

 

Serena felt her forehead itch and her body become restless, as if she was full of energy. The same symbol that had appeared on the Kar family quickly etched itself onto her own forehead.

 

“You are now a Larystarian, go, speak to your new brother. Tell him to build up forces, increase his own prestige and to train Kalene according to this book.” Emelia took out 2 old looking books and carefully gave them to Serena. 

 

“‘Uhm.. Something-Hian dictionary’ and.. I can’t read the other title?” Serena looked up from the book to ask but Emelia was nowhere in the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yum~. What’s this called? Spicy Roast? It’s quite good, prepare another 20 will ya’?” Hearing the order, the dapper teenager who clearly only just started working nodded like a chicken and swiftly walked to the counter.

 

Sitting by the window, Emelia stared out at the street full of wooden carriages being pulled by different animals. Those who were more military or armed were pulled by wolves and other dangerous animals, while those normal merchants who sold jewelry and apparel were drawn by mostly horses and rarely, some sort of elephant/rhino hybrid called an Arotho.

 

She was currently in a big name restaurant which had many different branches open. Of course, since this was the capital of Hian, the headquarters was this building.

 

She wanted to taste the local food, but she wouldn’t stoop to the level of the peasants who ate spiced up rats, insects and the like.

 

The Spicy Roast she was eating is really just Arotho meat with some different types of salad and 2 buns on top and bottom. Basically just a glorified burger.

 

“Here you go miss.” The waiter blushed, glanced at her face from time to time, as he put down all 20 of the burgers wondering how she was going to eat them all.

 

“Thank you, ah.. Ricardo.” She gave a great big smile as she opened the next burger.

 

“N..No problem!” He nodded as seriously as he could before he went to go brag to one of the other young workers that such a cute girl talked to him and even called his name.

 

Happily eating another couple, she took out the map of Hian she got from Duke Kar and spread it out on the table.

 

North of her was the cold and lifeless front that Hian was fighting for with the barbarians. East was merely the ocean, just a nice tourist trap. 

 

West was the ancient capital of Hian, Oltam, located in the middle of a lake. Being the previous capital, it still had a lot of authority, and it was only second to the current capital. Many officials and rich merchants had bought property in Oltam. It was the place most people went to for learning Qi, martial arts or just scholastic activities.

 

It held competitions ranging from making medicines to military strategy. The most important city in Hian according to most people.

 

South were many normal towns and cities. South of the towns and cities was the Kand Protectorate of Hian and the bordering Koris, a vassal of Dylarr.

 

Making up her mind to go to Oltam to scout for some more talents to add to her army she rolled up the map and threw it into her space along with the burgers.

 

She raised her hand for the waiter, who quickly ran over.

 

“Hello miss! C.. Can I help you?” Ricardo began crying as he saw his co-worker attend to Emelia

 

Meanwhile the official’s family he was currently serving were instantly confused as they saw his eyes water. The father looked at where he was looking and patted Ricardo telling him to sit down and talk about it.

 

“Yeah, where’s the closest animal shop, doesn’t matter what kind. This is for you and Ricardo.” She winked as she put 4 gold coins into his hand.

 

Seeing this money, he put quickly into his pocket and gave a secret thumbs up to Ricardo, which she clearly saw, before ripping a page from his notebook to draw a map.

 

“Thanks Milos.” She patted him and left the restaurant.

 

Milos ran to Ricardo who was spilling out his feelings to the family and hugged him. “She said my name too! And look! She gave us 2 gold coins each!” They both began crying, holding each other in their arms.

 

The family sat there dumbfounded and irritated at these 2 unprofessional waiters.

1