Chapter 26- Lagi
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Beasties and Mounties. Sounds interesting, thank you.” Emelia tossed a golden coin at a dirty and clearly malnourished child she had found that led her to this shop.

 

Taking the coin fiercely, he ran away, afraid others would see.

 

This was just the way of the streets, friendships could end easily upon seeing such a large amount of money, especially children on the streets.

 

Emelia knew she couldn’t change anything so she just sighed and walked into the large zoo-like shop.

 

As soon as she stepped in she saw the reception full of animals, both small and large.

 

Seeing Emelia walk in, one of the better dressed shopkeepers walked over. Informing him of what she wanted he nodded and took great care of this fat sheep.

 

He handed her a book of all the creatures they had in stock and as Emelia flicked through, there were almost love hearts in her eyes.

 

Restraining her temptation to buy those cute furry animals she went to those large and ugly war beasts.

 

“What’s this?” Emelia pointed to a big red bird with flames on top of it.

 

“This is a Flame Hawk, despite the picture, they are quite small so I wouldn’t recommend it as a mount. But being magical fire beasts, they can use fire in their attacks.” He quickly explained any questions she had about the bird.

 

Nodding, she continued until she saw a cute white fox with 3 tails behind it. “This?” She raised an eyebrow. A fox appearing in the warbeast section, clearly a mistake.

 

“Ahh, this is our prized possession here in the capital. This is a 3 Tailed Demon Fox. They’re very rare so the price is quite big for it.” Seeing Emelia not budge at his words he continued.

 

“This 3 Tailed Demon Fox was caught in the Frost Mountains, east of the capital. They’re known for their abilities in Illusions, Ice and strangely Fire. They are very strong and therefore suitable to be mounted. Usually, young ladies have these very cute foxes, I can see that it would fit you perfectly. I do have to warn you though, they are very strong. I don’t recommend you to buy one if you don’t know any martial arts, or if your body is weak.” Despite being a businessman, he didn’t want to see this cute young girl hurt so he warned her appropriately.

 

“It’s fine, how much?” Emelia reached into her storage bag that Duke Kar had given her to hide the fact that she had her own storage space.

 

“This.. Since you are buying our most expensive beast, how about this, 200 High Energy Qi Stones. This is the lowest I can go.” The shopkeeper was confident that she couldn’t buy at this price. Even normal viscount couldn’t afford this if they sold all their possessions.

 

“Good.” Instantly taking out all 200 Qi Stones in a bag, she handed it to the shopkeeper.

 

His eyes bulged as he took the bag and only sighed sadly.

 

“Come with me.” Following him, Emelia saw all the beasts in their own habitats.

 

“Miss is actually lucky, she is the last one we have and she is very young, may she serve you well.” Quickly reaching the habitat that was built for the fox he put in some of his Qi in the metal door that was surrounded by thick glass.

 

“Fox! You see miss, we don’t name them after capture so customers can grow alongside them, though the fox is young, only a year old, she can already be mounted and fight.” Not long after he called out, a fox as big as a car appeared from thin air.

 

“This is one of her illusion abilities, something like camouflage.” Emelia nodded at the man's explanation as she walked to the fox.

 

“Who, who, who?! Who are yu~. Hehe, stinky old man, I’ll escape one day! Hmm, who are you?!! Who, you smell funny, I like it. Funny~” The fox jumped around yipping, her 3 tails as thick as arms smacking into the surrounding trees.

 

“Very good. Come with me, you’re mine now.. Let’s see.. Lagi? I like that. Let’s go Lagi.” She waved for Lagi and she followed.

 

“Humph, humph! Lagi Lagi will escape hehe, I’ll follow you for now hehe, you won’t see me escaping haha.” She followed Emelia willingly.

 

Walking all the way to the outer gates with Lagi in tow, everyone stared at the 2 cute duo, a cute fox and a cute girl.

 

Finally exiting the capital Emelia sighed.

 

“Alright Lagi, follow me.” She walked far enough that she couldn’t see anyone at the gate anymore and jumped on Lagi.

 

Getting close to her ear she whispered in a strange tongue. “Listen here Lagi, there won’t be any escaping under my watch, understand? If you try to get away, you’ll soon find yourself in darkness. Understood?”  

 

Like a devil finishing a deal in a charming voice she spoke slowly for Lagi.

 

Lagi stood frozen, first terror and then confusion appeared in her eyes.

 

“Yu.. Yu can understand me?” Rubbing Lagi’s soft fur she ‘Mhmed’.

 

“Names’ Yue. Now that you understand the consequences of running away. Let’s have a good friendship.” She laughed like a devil as she stroked Lagis head.

 

“Now run… Let’s see… West. That way.” She pointed to a direction and Lagi began running, her tail had shrunk so that it wouldn’t hit anything along the way.

 

“How can Yue understand and speak like this?” Lagi asked while running.

 

“Not Human.” Emelia spat out an answer and Lagi let out a sound of acknowledgement.

 

“Of course of course. The Humans are too stupid to understand us hehe.” Lagi laughed and felt comforted as Emelia kept petting her all over.

 

--------------

 

“Yue! Yue~~!!” Emelia woke up groggily to see people floating in front of them. Or more accurately, flying. Instantly becoming alert at seeing their white pair of wings.

 

There were a dozen people in total, each of them had swords, bows and arrows. Ready to attack if Lagi got any closer.

 

“Stop. You are entering the Holy Kalo grounds of the Angel State.” A man holding a white sword shouted calmly at Emelia.

1