Chapter 27- Demonic Beast
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of her were a dozen skinny men and women with furious expressions ready to attack at a moment's notice. At the front lead an middle aged burly man.

 

Angel State… Emelia blankly stared and shivered slightly. Ever since she had been banished she had never seen white wings among her people.

 

As she thought of this her eyes flashed with a golden light. Hybrids? They have both Human and Archan blood?

 

“Oh! I’m very sorry, can you please let me through?” Emelia smiled charmingly towards the cyan robed men. In an attempt to look more charming she put on a helpless expression.

 

All of the angels blushed and looked at him.. 

 

“Squad Leader Taret, she is only passing by, what can a little girl like her do?”

 

“Yeah yeah! She’s no threat boss! Come on.”

 

“Quiet!” Taret shouted at them. He turned his gaze back at Emelia and Lagi.

 

He stared for another couple of seconds before sighing and softly saying. “Lady, you have to be careful in these woods, there’re many dangerous animals around here, got it?”

 

Under his stern gaze Emelia, in her cutest voice chirped out a small “Ok!”.

 

“Boss! I’ll escort this lady out of the woods!” A young boy shouted out to Taret.

 

As he was about to respond, one of the girls shouted back at the boy. “Ahh? Why would she want a boy to escort her? You pervert, you just want to chase her! Boss, I’ll go with the girl!”

 

“No, I will!” The teenagers began to shout at one another. Taret looked back at them with a stare that could kill.

 

Immediately they shut up and got in a line. 

 

Glaring at them he looked back to where Emelia was. “Miss, do yo-.” He looked around and found Emelia nowhere to be seen.

 

Smiling wryly he shook his head then put his attention back to the angels.

“You little bastards! You dare to try and enter the border patrol squad with your discipline!? As soon as we return from this patrol you’ll all be given twice the work of your peers!” He shouted at them full of rage.

 

They trembled but slowly calmed down, knowing that he was just scaring them. They were from the aristocracy and had come to the border patrol only to laze around. The Angel State has no enemies and is on friendly terms with all of their neighbors therefore it was acknowledged that the border patrol is the easiest and best job to gain merits.

 

“Alright, left turn march!” Taret barked out and led the angels.

 

By this time Emelia had already traveled a distance on Lagi.

 

“Lagi. You must be tired, it’s getting dark, let’s set up camp.” Emelia stroked Lagis lead with a satisfied grin as they stopped in a clearing. 

 

“How about you gather some wood for a good old fashioned campfire and I’ll get us some food?” Lagi knowing she had no choice nodded and ran around the clearing grabbing sticks and fallen logs with her tails.

 

Emelia stopped just as she was about to leave the camp. “By the way, do you have any way to light a fire?” 

 

“Ya ya, look!” Lagi half sneezed half coughed out a glob of blue fire which quickly lit the stick on fire, nearly burning it into ashes instantly.

 

“Alright… Just make sure not to burn the fire instantly, use a little less powerful fire.” Seeing that Lagi could take care of herself she set out.

 

Walking through the thick jungle-like forest at a slow yet constant pace Emelia looked around. Sounds from animals and insects came from every direction, yet when she looked she couldn’t see anything, almost as if wherever she looked things disappeared.

 

Seeing that she couldn’t see anything, she closed her eyes and used her Qi as a radar and sent out bursts which acted as echolocation, drawing a rough picture of the surroundings.

 

After a couple of seconds her Qi picked up 5 people running towards her direction  from a large mass. Although they were running fast the mass could easily keep up with them.

 

“Oh well, guess having some company other than Lagi is fine too.” In her mind she had already invited these people to join her and Lagi in eating whatever this animal was.

 

----

 

“Elder brother Jer!” The 5 people Emelia had seen running towards her all had terrified expressions as they ran forward. One of the men in front had fallen but was quickly picked up as they ran behind him.

 

“It’s nearly caught up! Fuck, how could we get so unlucky to actually meet a C-Grade Demonic Beast here!” The man named Siji had picked up Jer and looked behind him.

 

A large brown boulder-like boar was chasing them, knocking all the trees to the side in its path. Clearly the boar was not in the least bit affected by the trees, just bulldozing them all to the ground.

 

“Elder brother Jer! What do we do now? We can’t run anymore!” The men were all exhausted. There were much more people, but when the Demonic Beast attacked they had lost 25 people, only leaving these 5 from that group.

 

“Fuck! Let’s fight it! It’s been heavily injured by our brothers, don’t make their deaths be in vain! Siji and Olar, back up, use ranged attacks. Alexander and Icarus distract it, I’ll go to it’s back and try to jump on it.” Jer roared out and ran to the side where the Demonic Beast couldn’t see him.

 

Siji and Olar ran a bit further and quickly started firing arrows at it, aiming for the eyes or its wounds.

 

Grimly, Alexander and Icarus roared at it and ran around it as it charged.

 

Alexander tried to dodge to the side but got impaled by one of its large tusks.

 

“Alexander!” Icarus eyes became bloodshot at seeing Alexander being impaled. The Demonic Beast, seeing that the humans it had chased finally stopped running tried to stop. 

 

It bent its head and put its tusks on the ground to slow down. Alexander, who was still alive, had his lower half and the back of his head ground down into paste as it finally stopped. 

 

Behind it, a trail of blood, bones and cloth was left behind, almost like a red carpet on the forest floor. It finally turned around and as it did, Alexander's back was revealed. He limped back and from the back of his head, his brain fell out, it swung as a small membrane held it from falling to the ground.

1