Chapter 28- Thorny Retribution
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing Alexander die like that, Icarus felt himself nearly throw up, but he forcibly suppressed it. He couldn’t do it now, the Demonic Beast was staring at him intently, waiting for him to make his move.

 

Seeing the Demonic Beast not moving he calmed down slightly, as long as he could stall, he wouldn’t move. 

 

“Sqwee!” The Demonic Beast squealed as it charged forward madly. In the back of its head stuck out an arrow. It madly shook its head as it charged, throwing the corpse of Alexander far into the forest where it hit a couple of trees before falling.

 

“Icarus!” Distracted by Alexanders body being thrown, he forgot about the Demonic Beast in front of it. At Jers yell, he looked up and saw a claw from the Demonic Beast.

 

A look of dread and panic flew through his eyes before his body slid down in a diagonal fashion, blood spewed out from the 3 sections of his body that had been cut off in one move.

 

His upper torso slid off first as it landed with a splat, it was quickly followed by the rest of his torso and then his legs that collapsed on themselves.

 

Still conscious before death, Icarus saw his heart still pumping blood out from his aorta and into the sky.

 

Tears collected in his eyes before finally his eyes shut.

 

“You.. Fucking bastard bitch of a pig! I’ll fucking kill all of you!” Jer landed on top of the Demonic beast and shoved his long sword into the wound created by one of the arrows.

 

It easily penetrated and twisted his sword as he stirred the Demonic Beasts brain.

 

It let out a squeal as and shook its head furiously, flinging Jer into a sparkling blue arrow. It easily penetrated his shoulder and continued forwards and hit the Demonic Beast, though it had lost most of its power from penetrating Jer and just bounced off it’s hide.

 

After the Demonic Beasts final struggle, it dropped onto the ground, shaking it lightly.

 

“Elder brother Jer!” Stared at the Demonic Beast and saw that it didn’t move for a couple of minutes and began running towards Jer cautiously.

 

Jer was lying in the fetal position beside a tree, the arrow caused a fist sized hole in his shoulder. It had ripped through even his bones which were sticking out.

 

“I’m so sorry Elder brother Jer! I.. I didn’t expect it to fling you!” Siji said grimly with guilt.

 

“Junior brother Siji, he’s not conscious right now.. And we don’t have any more medicine for him. You should’ve been more careful.” Olar said with a dark look and blame in his voice.

 

“We.. We can take him to a physician right? There must be a town or something nearby!?” He croaked, he knew that there wouldn’t be any town in a forest like this, especially this close to Oltam.

 

“Oh.. I came a tad too late huh?” A small voice appeared behind them. Siji and Olar quickly took out their daggers in a defensive position in front of Jer.

 

In front of them stood Emelia, looking like a 16 year old in a cute red dress decorated with golden flames rising up.

 

Seeing her, the 2 blushed and put their daggers back into a slot in their leather boots and smiled like fools.

 

Emelia could almost see Siji slap his forehead as his face turned into one of distress. “Little sister… Are you from a nearby village or something? Please help my elder brother Jer!”

 

Siji pointed at Jer who now had a puddle of blood surrounding him.

 

How is he still not dead? Losing that much blood…

 

“He’s lost so much blood, he already has one foot in the grave. But… I have something in my possession, a ‘Thorny Retribution’. If he can survive it, he will not only heal, but become stronger too.”

 

Her eyes glinted with glee as she approached him. She ‘took out’ a small blue, lily like plant from her bosom.

 

Siji looked at her with surprise and joy. Had he been lucky enough to meet a witch, and a kind one at that?

 

Olar on the other hand stared at the plant with suspicion and was about to stop her but restrained himself. He placed his hand on a small knife he had on his wrist, ready to strike at any moment.

 

Plucking a leaf from the lily, she directly placed in the hole, right on top of his shattered humerus.

 

After a second of nothing, the leaf visibly began to melt, turning into a liquid that went to both holes, covering them, not allowing them to see what was happening inside.

 

As it did this, Emelia twisted her wrist in a circle a couple of times, gathering Qi in her palm and pressed it to his forehead.

 

Spreading out from her hand, a nearly neon green covered his head and like snakes started digging and moving about in his body. Not long after she did this, she smiled and the image of a 2 purple wings appeared on his forehead.

 

Jer moaned in satisfaction and remained unconscious, yet a smile had appeared on his face.

 

Siji and Olar saw the green and chuckled, the neon green looked to be from someone who just started cultivating. The very beginning of Spirit Gathering. They felt confident now that even if she did something, they could catch her easily.

 

What they hadn’t seen were the purple wings, which meant that this comrade of theirs had now become a Larystaran citizen

 

Siji was looking through his bags for food when he looked at Jer and saw a purple halo and a faint outline of black wings. Nearly dropping his bag, he blinked heavily and saw nothing. 

 

I’m just hallucinating, that must be it.. 

 

He quickly told himself as he turned his attention back to the bag in front of him.

 

“Hey uh. I have a camp nearby, you guys wanna take that Demonic Beast and have some food? I already have a fire going, and was looking for food.” Olar and Siji stared at Emelia who invited them charmingly. They looked her up and down and a predatory instinct nearly overtook them as their eyes flashed with lust.

 

“Haha, of course, of course. I’m Olar, this is our younger brother Siji and that is our elder brother Jer. Since you healed our brother, we can definitely share.” Olar chuckled as he said the last word.

 

“That's great then. Let’s go, take that Demonic Beast and Jer!” Emelia completely ignored the fact that they were nearly drooling looking at her and laughed lightly.

 

1