Chapter 14- Jericho Federation
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Black.. Hole? A..Are you sure? Hasn’t it been proven that nothing can survive a black hole, so why is the signal able to escape its pull?!” Saule focused on the aged Raz.

 

Raz seemed prepared for this as he adjusted his round glasses and placed some papers on the table.

 

“Indeed, nothing can escape a black hole.” Raz adjusted his collar as everyone stared at him.

 

“But.” He paused for a second. “Didn’t we come to this place through a black hole in the first place.”

 

This one sentence of his caused everyone to become stunned. Saule and a couple of the other ministers were too young to know this, but indeed. The oldest members began to reminisce about that old time.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jericho Federation, Black Hole observatory ’Solemnity’.

 

An old man looked outside of his thick window at the black hole the observatory was somehow orbiting.

 

He held a gaze of pity as he stared at the thousands of dots, which were in fact escape pods, being ejected towards the black hole.

 

He slowly threw gaze back into the room where a black haired woman in dirty rags sat on a metal chair.

 

She and her chair were completely soaked, water even pooling underneath her. She also stared out into the abyssal black hole, tears continuously flooding from her eyes.

 

Behind her sat young men and women, all of them shared the same expression. Disbelief, anger and sorrow.

 

“Yue.. Oh Yue. You should’ve chosen right. Now, because of you, everyone will die. This rebellion of yours was too much. Do you know how many people died during this period? Do you!?” Holy General Valin shouted towards Yue and the people behind her.

 

He glared at them with tears in his eyes. Killing intent pouring out from him.

 

“Do you know how many planets you destroyed? How many families you seperated? How, many, people, you, killed? Answer me!” He ran up to Yue and struck her, along with her chair which had been bolted down, to the ground.

 

“It was.. For our people. Something you simple minded sheep wouldn’t understand.” Yue spat out blood onto Valin’s military boots.

 

He laughed hysterically. “You.. You killed billions of soldiers, and millions of innocent civilians because… because you didn’t like the rules?!” He laughed as if it was the funniest thing he’d ever heard.

 

“Rules? Why should we be punished for being different? Just because we have black wings? Why should we be slaves to your ‘superior’ white wings? It’s been genetically proven that we only have slightly different genes, we are not completely different species! So why should we be slaves?” Yue glared at him with fire in her eyes.

 

Valin was about to kick her but stopped himself. He looked at her as if she was just a corpse. “I won’t bother with you anymore. You’ll die soon anyway. All those in the rebellion have already been obliterated in the black hole, now only you, the core leaders are left.”

 

He looked back out at the window as he pressed a button on his desk. Shortly after, a dozen guards entered. They slowly took them one by one, not together, clearly being afraid that they would try and escape together.

 

During this period, they would comfort each other. They knew they would die but there was nothing they could do, so they could only go to death with positivity.

 

It was finally Yue’s turn. They guards carefully unbuckled her from the seat and stood her up but she showed no resistance, her eyes had already become a void.

 

Valin during the process never looked at them, instead only stared out at the black hole.

 

Yue walked through the plain corridors of the station until they approached a shuttle which was completely surrounded by thousands of guards and a couple of space ships on the outside, ready to fire at any moment.

 

The guards pushed into the ship as the other prisoners which were also sent here quickly helped her up and onto a seat.

 

They quickly closed the door and the guards began marching outside of the launch area.

 

Inside the ship, they felt the engines begin to rumble, clearly this was an old generation ship as it had not been repaired in a long time. It needed no repairs as it’s only purpose was to send them into the black hole.

 

“Empress Yue. We have followed you for centuries, we won’t stop now, and we won’t stop even in death.” One of the young members began to shout at the top of his voice.

 

“Sha, there’s no need to vocalise this, of course we will. It never needs to be said! I love you” A Young Raz said as he hugged a young girl.

 

“I will always love you more.” Young Orla gave him a kiss on the cheek as she hugged him with tears in her eyes.

 

They all staggered as they felt the ship detach from the connection to the station. They huddled together, with Yue being in the middle, as if it was a line of protection against the great black hole.

 

Yue stood up and hugged them all one by one and then, suddenly they began speeding up very fast, even faster than light speed.

 

And then. Nothing.

 

Nothing happened. They all grew confused as they looked out the window. They saw no black hole, no station. They only saw many, thousands upon thousands of escape pods and ships.

 

They were in disbelief, until, from one of the ships came out a hologram.

 

The hologram was completely purple, apart from the middle in which a black person with black wings was shown.

 

Slowly, the other ships all showed the same symbol, the escape pods began to gravitate to the nearest ships, forming a circle, as if there was an invisible planet and they were the belt around it.

 

Yue and the others stared at this for minutes, until Sha began laughing. Then the laughing erupted as everyone started shouting and whistling.

 

“Raz quick, go, send the Imperial Insignia!” In the pandemonium Sha shouted at him. Raz quickly nodded and ran to the controls.

 

He quickly inputted his magic energy into it and projected the same hologram, except at the top of it the person, was a glistening red crown.

 

Almost instantly, all the ships and escape pods began to break formation and flew towards their ship.

 

“Follow me in death? Then let us now begin anew!” Yue savagely looked up and roared, her magic and qi intertwining, the magic becoming words, and the qi becoming sound that could be heard in the void, being sent straight into everyone's head.

 

A response was quickly received. A radiant purple colour flew from every ship into the void. It quickly became so large it looked like a new star had formed in the vast expanse.

1