014 Life And Death Duel
2.8k 4 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bryan Watson?"

Bill Weasley's usually relaxed and carefree expression vanished from his handsome face. He was so shocked that he nearly fell off his Cleansweep-Four broomstick when he was hooked by a broken wooden stake to his wizard's robe. He struggled to regain his balance.

"When Grace told me you killed Henry, I thought she was just playing a funny little joke on me."

Bill's vision was limited, and all he could see was Henry lying on the ground with his bare back, but he couldn't determine if he was dead or alive.

"I can't believe it, Bryan, are you secretly planning a massacre in Hogwarts?"

Bill paced around, his expression gradually distorting as he observed the Gryffindor players who had fallen from the sky and passed out. His shock subsided and was replaced by hysterical rage when he noticed Charlie silently falling into a bush. He drew his wand and pointed it at Bryan without hesitation.

"Tell me, you bastard, what have you done to Charlie!"

Though the Weasley siblings may occasionally have conflicts with each other, they stand united against anyone who harms their family.

"Stop shouting, Bill Weasley," Bryan said calmly, unmoved. "Let's take them back to the castle first. I will explain to the headmaster and the professors what happened in the Forbidden Forest just now, but I don't feel like explaining it twice. If you're curious, you can request to be present later."

"Stand there and don't move!"

The tip of Bill's wand trembled, abruptly coming to a halt.

"Grace has gone to inform Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape, and Headmaster Dumbledore will be returning to the school soon. You're not going anywhere until they arrive!"

The cold wind blew, rustling the leaves. Dawn was still some time away, and a fierce murderous intent lurked in the dense darkness, waiting for an opportunity.

Sensing it, Bryan glanced toward the depths of the Forbidden Forest, his eyebrows twitching. He couldn't be certain of the source of the sudden sensation of being watched. Considering that Acromantulas are not solitary creatures, staying here wasn't a good choice.

"It's not safe here, Weasley. Let's go back to the castle first," Bryan repeated calmly.

"The greatest danger comes from you, Watson. I repeat, stand there and don't move. And hand over your wand!"

Bill remained highly vigilant. His wide eyes were fixed on Bryan's wrist, and his senses were stretched to their limits, ready to strike at any moment.

Bryan furrowed his brow, once again looking up at the dark Forbidden Forest. A faint but distinct uneasiness filled the air, causing his throat to constrict. He could almost confirm that something seemed to be secretly watching him.

"I repeat as well, Weasley," Bryan emphasized, his tone firm. "It's not safe here. Let's go back to the castle!"

In an instant, Bill's eyes sharpened, interpreting Bryan's words as a signal to escape. Without hesitation, he waved his wand.

Swish, swish, swish!

As one of Hogwarts' most exceptional students, Bill Weasley excelled in combat. In a brief span of time, he launched three dazzling red spells at Bryan, blocking any space for him to evade.

However, for Bryan, this likely posed no threat.

Since Bill Weasley refused to leave, Bryan decided to render him incapable of resistance and take them back together. It made no difference whether he brought five or six people. He had already exposed too much tonight, and he didn't care about exposing himself further.

With a flick of his wand, Bryan deflected the Stunning Spell that struck him, then smoothly recited the incantation in his mind.

"Venturisectum!"

Bill raised an eyebrow, finally confirming that Bryan Watson, the unknown Slytherin student, possessed strength beyond that of an ordinary young wizard.

"Protego!"

However, Bill Weasley had his own confidence. Faced with the incoming curse, he remained composed and swiftly cast a protective barrier.

Whoosh!

A strong gust of wind blew, and the powerful magical force shattered the Shield Charm. Bill, who was calm and confident just moments ago, froze momentarily. Before he could recover, he suddenly felt the ground give way beneath his feet. A beam of ominous green magic light caused his pupils to constrict instantly, and the hidden observer finally revealed their malevolence.

"Watch out!" Bill warned Bryan in the nick of time.

Boom!

As the Killing Curse struck the ground, a cluster of emerald green magical flames erupted, exuding a sinister aura akin to the dance of death.

Bryan, rolling to avoid the lethal curse, slowly rose from the ground. Despite being prepared, the experience of being targeted by the Unforgivable Curse for the first time left him shaken.

That moment had been the closest to death he had come since entering the magical world.

Around 20 years old, a woman.

Bryan discerned the attacker's gender and approximate age through the hand holding the wand that was partially exposed from under the black cloak.

The oppressive silence assaulted Bryan's mind, and the pervasive sense of danger made every fiber of his being tremble. Under the influence of fear and excitement, his magical power surged like never before, as if he were facing a life-or-death crisis he had long awaited.

"It doesn't matter who you are or what your intentions are," Bryan stared at the attacker's obscured face under the hood, his voice cold. "Breaking into Hogwarts, right under Headmaster Dumbledore's nose, and using the most dangerous of the three Unforgivable Curses to attack an underage wizard—I must admire your audacity."

The woman remained silent, emitting a disdainful snort as if she couldn't be bothered to respond at all.

"Dumbledore and the school's professors will arrive here in no more than five minutes. If you flee now, you may still have time."

The woman's grip on her wand remained steady, unwavering. Bryan's heart sank, realizing that the assailant was likely determined to take his life.

But why?

Since he had entered Hogwarts, he hadn't offended anyone, and his interactions with wizards outside the school were limited to selling potions through owls. Could it be that the potions he brewed had caused someone's death, prompting their family members to seek revenge? But that seemed highly unlikely. Bryan had great confidence in his skill, and such a tragedy wouldn't have occurred.

Bryan couldn't fathom it, and the woman attacking him didn't give him enough time to ponder. She knew that what Bryan had said earlier wasn't a lie and that Dumbledore and the professors were indeed on their way.

Tonight marked the beginning of the most dangerous contest.

The green light once again illuminated the Forbidden Forest, signaling the start of a life-or-death struggle.

Bryan's expression grew unusually solemn. He raised his wand as if wielding a king's sword, poised for a decisive strike. The tip of his wand emitted a shimmering light, akin to a crumbling embankment releasing an overwhelming surge of magical power. The power surged in the darkness of the night, transforming into a silver galaxy, then crashing down upon the ground with an unstoppable force.

Rumble~

The earth shook violently, and the large cobblestone standing between them disintegrated into powder. Simultaneously, tens of thousands of frost-covered leaves rustled, creating a terrifying cacophony.

When the dust settled and the curse light dissipated, a shocking crack spanning seventy or eighty feet marred the soft ground.

Dazzling and stern curses lights suddenly appeared in the dimness and then disappeared in a flash. In the quiet forest, there were continuous rumbling sounds of trees breaking and smashing to the ground, as well as loud explosions.

The two fighters moved continuously and swiftly on the rough terrain, utilizing all obstacles such as broken logs, vines, and bushes to gain a slight advantage for themselves.

Only half a minute had passed since the start of the life-and-death duel, and Bryan had confirmed two things.

First, the black-robed witch who was fighting him was indeed targeting him, and she held a strong murderous intention. She had no qualms about using prohibited black magic, including the three Unforgivable Curses, and numerous restricted spells that could cause harm or death upon contact. Her sole aim was to eliminate him as quickly as possible.

This absurdity left Bryan furious and filled with anger in his eyes. He couldn't fathom why someone held such a deep-rooted hatred towards him and was so determined to kill him.

Second, the Black Witch possessed extensive combat experience, surpassing Bryan's own skills. In their brief encounter, her dazzling and agile footwork to evade spells resembled that of a master dancer. Additionally, her various tactics to provoke attacks and her skills in silent spellcasting during intense confrontations amazed Bryan. She skillfully combined Transformation Spells, Tactical Spells, and Black Magic, leaving Bryan in awe.

In comparison, Bryan, who had only secretly practiced dueling skills and occasionally engaged in combat exercises with Professor Snape, could only be considered a novice.

However, Bryan had his own strengths. He had always been driven to delve into the essence of magic and had discovered a unique path in tracing the origins of modern spells. Most of the spells he employed were improved versions after careful consideration and countless experiments. They were powerful and challenging to resist head-on, although they did consume a significant amount of magical energy.

Bryan regretted his initial use of magic for deterrence purposes. The spell he cast drained a substantial amount of his magical power but had no effect on the Black Witch. During the duel, she had cast the Illusion Spell upon herself, making it difficult to pinpoint her exact location. Coupled with her continuous evasive movements and silent spellcasting abilities, she had the advantage in launching surprise attacks.

Fortunately, Bryan possessed a keen learning ability and quickly adapted to this method. As a result, the two adversaries in the Forbidden Forest resembled transparent ghosts engaged in combat. Numerous Spells and Curses were cast, and the battle ensued.

From a partially shattered rock on the uphill slope, a raging fiendish force surged out, defying the wind and soaring into the air. Within moments, it transformed into an overwhelming wave of fire, with fire dragons, sphinxes, Chimeras, and other fiery beasts roaring silently above the wave's front.

The Black Witch showed no intention of controlling the Fiendfyre. She allowed the terrifying flames to expand and consume everything in their path while swiftly changing her position and concealing herself.

Bryan's lips tightened, and his eyes burned with hatred. With his current level, he couldn't directly eliminate Fiendfyre. However, he couldn't stand idly by and watch the scattered flames devour the Forbidden Forest, potentially causing the demise of the unfortunate Gryffindor students.

Bryan swiftly waved his wand, releasing golden flames into the air. These flames were derived from Fiendfyre but had been modified and restrained by Bryan. While not as overpowering as Fiendfyre, they were easier to control and would not pose a threat to his sanity.

Using fire to counter fire was a clever strategy to prevent further destruction.

Bryan manipulated the flames to isolate the fire wave and increased the output of magical power, gradually

dissipating the Fiendfyre.

"I can't bear to imagine what will happen there, Snape. How many lives will be lost!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed, her face pale and devoid of the usual vice-principal's demeanor. She abandoned all semblance of composure and rushed forward, her meticulously groomed hair in disarray, disregarding any tidiness.

Snape's face was sallow and devoid of color, not much better than Professor McGonagall's. For the first time in many years, he found himself praying for something in his heart, a rare occurrence since the night Lily died.

At the castle gate, Professor Flitwick stumbled and tumbled down, while Professor Sprout, who had lost her hat, extended a helping hand as she passed by before heading straight into the Forbidden Forest without saying a word.

Huff, huff!

After a prolonged standoff, the Black Witch, still unable to eliminate Bryan, resorted to even more despicable means. She transfigured a piece of rubble into sharp daggers and controlled over a dozen of them to attack Bryan's transferred location where the Gryffindors were positioned.

"No matter who you are, I will make you pay a heavy price!" Bryan's eyes blazed with anger, his right hand firmly suppressing the Fiendfyre without wavering. His left hand hurled a milky white ball of light.

The ball of light reached the spot where Bill and Charlie were a step ahead of the daggers and instantly expanded into a semicircle, forming an inverted, transparent bowl-like magical barrier that blocked the incoming daggers just in time.

Even the Black Witch didn't anticipate this move, leaving her stunned for a few seconds.

And those two seconds became the pivotal moment of victory!

Seizing the opportunity, Bryan swiftly withdrew his right hand, his wand rapidly shaking. The rock beneath his feet instantaneously transformed into a spear tinged with a copper-green hue, shooting forward like a bolt of lightning. Within moments, it appeared directly in front of the Black Witch.

Boom!

With no time to spare, the Black Witch summoned a wall of light surrounded by black mist. The wall collided with the spear, producing a deafening clash akin to the beating of a gong. In an instant, both the spear and the wall of light disintegrated into flecks of light.

Although the attack had been blocked, the tremendous impact caused the Black Witch's magical power to surge, momentarily rendering her unconscious.

"Sectumsempra!" Bryan, seizing the opportunity, bellowed the loudest he had throughout the battle. In the invisible void, a clear clang resounded. In an instant, the God of Death swung his scythe and approached the Black Witch's head, delivering a decisive and wrathful blow!

On the other side, just as Snape stepped into the Forbidden Forest, he heard the violent roar from the familiar voice. His body trembled uncontrollably, his face transitioning from yellow to black. In the next second, he ran with all his might once again.

Author's Note: Venturisectum is acombination of the words "Ventus" (Latin for "wind") and "Sectumsempra" (a spell created by Severus Snape).It is a powerful spell that creates a focused and forceful gust of wind capable of shattering protective barriers. When cast, the spell conjures a strong gust that surges towards the target. The wind carries a cutting force, similar to a sharp blade or a whirlwind, allowing it to slice through magical shields and barriers. Upon impact, the wind forcefully strikes the protective barrier, exerting pressure and causing it to fracture or collapse.

It is not in canon but is created by the MC in this story.

86