074 Expulsion
1.4k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fudge's feeble explanation did not convince Dumbledore, nor did it reassure Hagrid, who looked terrified and desperate.

"I can go with you to the Ministry of Magic, you can let Auror check me out, Minister." Hagrid said with trembling lips, his voice cracking with emotion, "But please don't send me to Azkaban! You know I'm innocent!"

Fudge had no chance to speak, when there was another loud knock on the door, making everyone jump in their seats. Dumbledore walked over to open it, and this time, Harry got a heavy elbow on his ribs from Ron, who was trying to get a better view. Harry let out a clear gasp of pain and surprise.

Lucius Malfoy, who had just instructed Draco on some matters in the castle, strode into Hagrid's hut, wrapped in a long black traveling cloak that billowed behind him. He had a cold and satisfied smile on his face, as if he had just accomplished something great. Fang started barking wildly at the sight of him, but Lucius ignored him.

"It seems that you have already discussed the key issue." Lucius nodded approvingly, his eyes gleaming with malice, "Very good, very good!"

"What are you doing here!" Hagrid roared angrily, his face turning red, "Get out of my house, you're not welcome here!"

"My dear friend, please believe me, I'm not happy to enter your oh, you call this a house, forgive me for being blunt, the place where my house elves live is more decent than this–"

Lucius Malfoy looked around the small wooden hut with disdain and sneered. He saw the broken furniture, the dirty dishes, the piles of books and papers, and the spider webs hanging from the ceiling. He wrinkled his nose as if he smelled something foul.

"I just forgot to communicate with you one thing, Dumbledore,"

he continued in a sarcastic tone, "Someone told me you came here"

"What do you want from me, Lucius?"

Dumbledore still maintained his manners and composure, but Harry was sure he saw two balls like fire burning in Dumbledore's eyes. Hagrid's hut probably hadn't been so lively for a long time. Lucius hadn't said his intention yet. This was when Bryan walked in directly from the open door.

"Looks like I came at the wrong time?"

As soon as he stepped into the house, he sensed the unpleasant atmosphere in the air. He saw the tense faces of Fudge and Hagrid, the smug expression of Lucius, and the calm demeanor of Dumbledore. He felt like he had walked into a minefield. The people in the house reacted differently to Bryan's appearance. Dumbledore exchanged a glance with him and gave him a slight nod.

Fudge obviously knew who Bryan was too, but he was very cold towards this obscure young professor. He didn't even nod his head to greet him or acknowledge his presence. He seemed to think that Bryan was irrelevant and unimportant.

Seeing Bryan walk in, Lucius slightly restrained the uncontrollable pride on his face. He knew this person was found by Kakus Fawley from 'somewhere'. The people there were all reckless dark wizards who were different from Dumbledore's upright gentlemen behavior. If possible, Lucius didn't want to offend these people to death. He had heard rumors about their power and ruthlessness.

"Just right. I was planning to find you after notifying Dumbledore of that terrible news, Bryan Watson–"

Lucius said to Bryan who was a bit surprised. Then he took out a parchment from his chest. His cold gray eyes fixed on Dumbledore and the corners of his mouth pulled out an arc again.

"Things are bad, Dumbledore–"

Lucius rudely waved the parchment in front of Dumbledore and said, "The board of directors should let you go. This is a temporary suspension order. You will find that all twelve directors have signed it. We think you probably haven't used your talents well. How many attacks have happened so far? At this rate, by the summer vacation, all the little wizards in Hogwarts will be wiped out!"

Fudge apparently didn't pry this out of Lucius's mouth beforehand. He was very surprised by the board's decision. But as Lucius said, the appointment of the headmaster was the board's authority and he couldn't 'easily' interfere.

Hagrid stood up from the edge of the bed abruptly. His fluffy and black head rubbed against the ceiling. He roared,

"How many people did you threaten and extort to force them to agree, huh? Malfoy? You slimy git! You can't do this to Dumbledore! He's the best headmaster Hogwarts ever had!"

Bryan gave a slight snort. Kakus Fawley had indeed reminded him of this matter before. But he didn't expect that Lucius's hands and feet were so nimble that he had done it so quickly. He wondered how much money and influence Lucius had used to sway the board members.

"However,"

Hagrid and Fudge couldn't stop this from happening. Dumbledore also had to obey the board's instructions. He said in a very slow and clear voice so that everyone present could hear every word he said.

"The time comes for me to depart this school, it shall only be when every soul within these hallowed walls has found the strength and wisdom to stand on their own. Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

After saying that, Dumbledore looked strangely at the corner of the room, where a large spider web was hanging. Bryan followed Dumbledore's gaze and looked over there. His eyes were deep and then he smiled in his heart and moved his eyes away as if nothing had happened. He knew that Dumbledore had noticed something unusual there, but he didn't reveal it. At this time, he found that Lucius was also looking at him.

"We will all miss you, Dumbledore–"

Lucius grinned and took out another parchment similar to the one just now from his chest. He unfolded it and continued,

"Since Dumbledore's matter is over, then Bryan Watson, I regret to inform you that the board of directors has also entrusted me with a dismissal order for you. I have always thought that sending an unknown guy as an investigator into Hogwarts would not work at all. The facts prove that my judgment is accurate. Bryan Watson, I suggest you can pack up your things now so that you won't miss the earliest train tomorrow."

"What was that?"

Bryan smiled and didn't look surprised. He had expected this move from Lucius. He said calmly,

"Of course, I am the special investigator appointed by the board of directors, and dismissing me is also your right. But I don't intend to leave Hogwarts now–"

Lucius narrowed his eyes and even Fudge looked at Bryan formally for the first time. They wondered what Bryan was up to.

"–This is the board's order, Watson-, sir. Do you intend to disobey it?"

Bryan smiled happily,

"I'm afraid you forgot one thing, Mr. Malfoy"

"Indeed, I'm no longer a special investigator, but I'm still the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor appointed by Headmaster Dumbledore himself. And the right to dismiss a professor is only in the hands of the headmaster. Since there is no headmaster in Hogwarts now, then I have to stay in Hogwarts until the next headmaster takes office."

Lucius stared coldly at Bryan without speaking. Indeed, he had missed this point. He had thought that Bryan was only a temporary staff member who could be easily removed. He didn't realize that Bryan had another identity that gave him more protection.

"Very well–"

After a while, Lucius Malfoy nodded his head reluctantly. He said in a bitter tone, "When the next headmaster officially takes office, I will have a good talk with him about the appointment of teachers in this school. I'm sure he will agree with me that you are not qualified to teach here."

After saying this, Lucius ignored everyone and walked out directly. He slammed the door behind him, making Fang bark louder.

"I believe you have a direction for what you are going to do next, right?"

Bryan's insistence on staying made Dumbledore smile. He was glad that Bryan was not intimidated by Lucius's threats. Before leaving, he said gently to Bryan,

"Of course, that's the case."

Bryan smiled back and nodded. "I don't intend to stay out of it."

"Help me explain, Professor Watson–"

Under Fudge's escort, Hagrid hesitated and said with a pleading look in his eyes. "You know the situation, Professor Watson. Maybe you can help me clear up the misunderstanding. You know I would never hurt any creature or student."

The little hut that was crowded with people just now was left with only Bryan. Later he was going to go back to his office and check how much his surveillance had recorded. But before that, Bryan looked at the corner of the hut and cleared his throat loudly. He said in a loud voice,

"The matter here is over, three of you. How long do you plan to hide?"

patreon.com/FicFrenzy

35