092 Daily Life (Part-1)
1.5k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a pitch-black night, with only a bright round moon hanging on the branches like a silver lantern. The furious waves, driven by the strong wind, slammed against the reef with a thousand pounds of force, creating huge splashes of water. The thunderous roar could shake one's soul, but it still could not overpower the murderous aura in the air of a huge palm forest not far from the coast.

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh!

Several red lights, accompanied by shrill screams, tore through the silence of the night, and made the deep night roll up like a curtain. The flashes of light illuminated the faces of fear and anger on both sides of the battle.

"Damn it, it's the Aurors, we've been ambushed!"

In the forest, seven or eight wizards in black robes were immediately thrown into panic. They looked around frantically, trying to find a way out. At the front of the crowd, a tall wizard with a scarred face shouted.

One after another, more than twenty Aurors from the British Ministry of Magic came out from behind the sparse palm trees. They wore dark blue robes with their badges shining on their chests. The commander of the operation was Drexel, a veteran Auror with a calm and confident expression. He looked at the panicked dark wizards with a cheerful smile.

"If you are willing to surrender, scums, the Wizengamot might show you some mercy. Before you are locked up in Azkaban, they will give you enough time to say goodbye to your loved ones!"

Splash!

The area had been sealed by an Anti-Disapparition Spell, so there was no hope of escaping by Apparition. In the midst of the chaos, a wizard suddenly turned into a ghostly shadow and shot straight into the sky, disappearing into the unfathomable dark night.

His departure made the trapped dark wizards curse angrily, and also made Drexel and his fellow Aurors gloomy.

"Kingsley, Robards, you take a team to the left. Savage, Tonks, you go to the right. Let's send these despicable smugglers to prison!"

The dangerous battle started immediately. The intense explosions turned this palm forest that had been cleared of Muggles into a sea of fire. The ground was shaking, the night was swaying, and in the scorching air, there were occasional whistles of curses tearing through space and wails of pain from wizards.

The well-trained Aurors cooperated tacitly, gradually devouring the living space of the dark wizards. But these brutal dark wizards were not some who would willingly wait for death. They fought separately, but they did not hesitate to use some magic that could easily take one's life. The situation was stalemate for a while. In a short time, no one could do anything about each other.

Floating one mile above the ground, Bryan stared coldly at the battlefield below, wondering what he was plotting.

Two months ago, Gringotts' treasure hunting team unearthed a large number of ancient artifacts and alchemical items from the Eleventh Dynasty in a pyramid buried deep in the desert.

The pure-blood families in the British magical world who were superficially glamorous but rotten behind their backs moved upon hearing the news. They issued a commission to intercept the artifacts through Kakus Fawley, a notorious dark wizard who had connections with many smugglers and mercenaries.

Because they had to cross many countries along the way, and the number and scale of artifacts were large, eventually, a 'large' 'transportation team' was born.

Bryan and his party entered the Mediterranean from Sidi Barrani, a coastal city in Egypt. When they rested in Heraklion, the largest city on Crete Island, they had a fierce fight with the Egyptian Ministry of Magic's Aurors who followed them. Then they crossed the Mediterranean and entered the Aegean Sea from the Tunisian Strait.

In order to avoid disturbing the magical departments of those countries along the way, Bryan and his party traveled along the coast all the way. Originally, their plan was not to enter any country. They would enter the Atlantic Ocean from the Strait of Gibraltar and cross the Bay of Biscay directly to London.

But this long journey made most people mentally exhausted. Some people even burned several flying brooms due to overuse. When they arrived at Montpellier in the Gulf of Lion, most people in the team changed their minds. They hoped to cross France and cross the English Channel back to London. In this way, the journey was almost halved.

The journey within France was uneventful. Even Bryan mistakenly thought that the European side of the magical department had not received the notification from the Egyptian magical department. But unexpectedly, as soon as they entered the British territory, they were blocked by their own people. It seemed that the French magical department should have learned some information early on. They knew that the final target of this group of powerful 'bandits' was not France, so they were happy to be idle.

Boom!

The violent roar drowned out all the noise on the battlefield. The tall wizard named Thanatos Hood raised his wand high, and powerful and ominous magic lurked in the clear crystal ball at the top of his wand.

"You bunch of scums who have sold your soul, are you ready to accept the punishment of death!"

As soon as Thanatos's words fell, the sand under everyone's feet suddenly fell into violent tremors. Under the shocked eyes of everyone, the sand cracked open a large crack, and the black crack spewed out a foul wind, as if it led directly to hell.

Crack!

Immediately afterwards, a bone-white hand stretched out from the unfathomable darkness, and directly clasped the edge of the crack.

"What the hell is this monster"

Tonks, who had only been an Auror for two years and was not very experienced, was scared and her hair changed color like a neon light, murmuring to herself.

"It looks like–"

The Aurors spontaneously gathered together from the chaotic battlefield, and stared at the huge skeleton that had two black flames burning in its eye sockets, and was twenty feet tall, and looked very scary.

Kingsley gasped and said, "It should be the skeleton of a fire dragon. I'm not an expert in this field. I can't tell what kind of fire dragon it is. Hiss, they are really a group of extremely evil guys!"

"Just for this magic–"

Drexel, who came to his senses from the surprise, glared at Thanatos, his eyes burning with anger. "You will have to stay in Azkaban for ten more years!"

An even more intense battle broke out. Of course, this time, the underworld guys had the upper hand. They hid behind the huge bone dragon and shot out curses from the gaps in the bones. The Aurors were forced by the bone dragon that kept roaring fiercely onto a high slope. It seemed that they were doomed.

Whoosh!

But at this moment, a tea-brown-haired wizard with a few gray hairs in his eyebrows and a sharp look like a hunting lion suddenly appeared in a place very close to the battlefield after removing his invisibility. His wand tip spit out brilliant firelight, and the huge fire dragon was blasted into pieces of broken bones by the rapidly expanding air, and fell from the sky.

Thanatos spurted out a mouthful of blood, his face wilted and fell to the ground, his trembling fingertips and incredulous eyes pointed at the wizard who suddenly appeared, his lips quivered as if he wanted to say something, but he couldn't say a word.

"I told you,"

Rufus Scrimgeour turned his head and looked at his somewhat embarrassed subordinates on the high slope, and said in a stern voice, "Don't be scared by these scum's false strength, you have to see through the enemy's reality!"

The head of the Ministry of Magic's Auror Office, Rufus Scrimgeour, who was famous in the magical world for his courage and wisdom, appeared on the battlefield. His appearance broke the fragile balance on the battlefield. The Aurors knocked out one dark wizard after another with their renewed confidence and determination. In the end, only Thanatos was still dodging in the stormy curses, but his fate seemed to be doomed.

"Golden Viper!"

Thanatos, who was blown out by Scrimgeour's curse, rolled on the scorched sand for several times before barely stopping. His robe was torn and tattered, blood oozed from his nostrils, and seeing Scrimgeour waving his wand again, he had no way out. He suddenly raised his head and looked at the night sky above his head, and shouted angrily, "I know you are still here, Viper. As long as you are willing to save me, I will give you half of my reward!"

Author's Note: I have Rewritten the 2nd chapter too, The core story remains the same only the grammar errors and crude paragraphs have been refined.

patreon.com/FicFrenzy

36