0110 Doubts & Answers
1.1k 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whoosh–

A cracked branch, covered with slimy algae and rotten leaves, floated up from the murky water. Bryan seized the opportunity and swung his arm with all his strength, hurling the branch towards the figure standing on the shore.

The branch suddenly cut through the space filled with the breath of death, and went straight for Godric Gryffindor's foot!

Swoosh– The branch pierced through his foot like a spear and nailed it firmly into the muddy ground, but there was no trace of blood or pain left on his face.

"So it's still an illusion after all."

Looking at the trembling branch and Gryffindor, who had no change in his expression, Bryan breathed a sigh of relief. It was not an easy decision to make to test one of the four founders of Hogwarts, Godric Gryffindor, with his own hands. It required a lot of courage and curiosity.

Bryan stared quietly at this illusion that was flawless and almost indistinguishable from reality. His heart was still filled with confusion and wonder. He could not find any similar precedent in any magic book, and no one could tell him what was happening. He had to rely on his own wisdom to guess; apart from that he had no other way.

"Without a doubt, Godric Gryffindor had visited this secret place in the long years between. His traces were recorded by the chaotic time sequence of this place, and appeared in front of me as an illusion–" Bryan narrowed his eyes; his penetrating gaze seemed to see through the secrets left by time. He murmured in a voice that only he could hear,

  "Then what was the effect of Gryffindor slashing his sword in mid-air before?" Bryan wondered. "I get it, I exist between his exploration tracks of this place. Those 'clean cracks' were created by Gryffindor thousands of years ago. What a formidable wizard."

If it were Bryan himself, he might not be able to make the effect of a spell last for thousands of years. Those spells that involved 'rules' and could run on their own by integrating with nature could indeed last for a long time, but that was outside. The magic environment here was so strange that no spell could withstand its erosion.

"Then, did the previous generations of priests of the Druid sect also see Gryffindor's illusion, or did they not?"

This question, Bryan could not answer for the time being, but he had a vague feeling that perhaps Cliodna and her predecessors had never seen Gryffindor's traces. Otherwise, they would have gone to Hogwarts for help long ago.

"But why such a coincidence?"

All coincidences are intentional. Bryan did not believe that it was just a simple coincidence that Gryffindor's illusion appeared in front of him as soon as he entered this secret place. Then, what exactly triggered this phenomenon?

Suddenly, Bryan frowned and thought of a possibility.

"I had a burst of magic on the lake surface before. After that, Gryffindor appeared. Is he waiting for me?!"

Although he had roughly figured out the state of Gryffindor in front of him, there were still many doubts. Why did Gryffindor look for Avalon Island? What he muttered in his mouth - 'the stone pillars that Rowena found, Helga's prophecy'. The four founders seemed to be planning something very important thousands of years ago.

In addition, this island was supposed to be a holy land of the Druid sect that revered life, but it was a scene of doom. And it was called 'the place where Merlin rests forever' by Cliodna. The results of the divination by Druid's previous generation priests. Everything seemed to have something to do with him.

While Bryan was thinking, Gryffindor, who was looking around with keen interest, seemed to have found something. He waved his hand and dispersed his silver lion patronus, which roared loudly before fading away. He turned around and walked briskly in one direction along the shore.

Bryan did not dare to neglect and quickly got out of the mud on the shore and followed behind Gryffindor's illusion.

The two walked along the shore for about two minutes. Then, a simple but well-made oak boat appeared in Bryan's sight.

It was tied to a wooden stake by a rope and swayed gently on the water. There were some dried leaves and twigs on it, indicating that it had been here for a long time.

At this point, Bryan had no doubt that this sky island he was on was indeed the mythical Avalon Island. He had read both muggle and wizard books that had clear records of Avalon's features. It was an island surrounded by swamps, forests and fog. And the only way to reach the center of the island was by boat.

For a legendary wizard like Godric Gryffindor, the evil magic that permeated death and decay on this island could not pose much of a threat to him. He could easily fly over the swamp under the fog with his patronus just now and go directly to the center of the island. But he chose not to do so.

After entering the island, Gryffindor became silent. He stared at the island with deep and solemn eyes. In his eyes, it seemed that he was brewing some kind of determination or resolution.

With a neat and agile leap, Gryffindor stepped onto the boat, but the draft of the oak boat did not change at all. Even the narrow hull did not sway at all.

But when Bryan jumped on the boat, the hull suddenly sank by two feet.

Bryan's eyes moved slightly. This phenomenon once again confirmed Bryan's guess. The Gryffindor who appeared here was not his real body, but an illusion created by the chaotic time sequence of this secret place.

Judging from the size, this boat seemed to be able to stand only one person. He stood in the center of the cabin and Bryan could only squat in the stern with his body half bent.

Of course, Gryffindor's current form was worse than a ghost. Bryan could directly pass through his body and sit more comfortably. But out of caution, and respect for Godric Gryffindor himself, Bryan did not choose to do so.

He looked at Gryffindor's back with a respectful and curious look in his eyes.

A few months ago, when Bryan was still teaching at Hogwarts, he had talked to Potter and Granger about his mysterious purple eyes one night. When he said that he had been thinking about how to fight against a wizard like Dumbledore since he was a teenager, the two little guys were shocked and incredulous.

They probably thought it was something impossible to do.

And Bryan thought that any powerful legend would be surpassed by later generations.

At this moment, Bryan still thought that this idea was correct.

But for the four founders of Hogwarts, he had to admit that they were in a different league.

From the tip of the iceberg that Gryffindor had just shown, to be honest, Bryan had no idea how to match such a powerful wizard who could affect time and space with his magic.

Sensing that someone had entered the cabin, the oak boat automatically sailed into the center of the swamp, smoothly without any waves, as if sailing on ice.

Meanwhile, Bryan also became like Gryffindor, attracted by the scenery in the swamp.

He saw many bones of magical creatures lying in the shallow water and frozen in mid-air by the fog.

Bryan was not an expert on magical creatures, but he had seen a lot of them. He could vaguely recognize that there were many kinds of bones, such as three-headed dogs with sharp fangs, dragons with scorched scales, unicorns with broken horns, hippogrifs with torn wings, goblins with twisted faces.

Many magical creatures were natural enemies, but they lived here peacefully thousands of years ago.

But now, they were all deprived of their lives by the evil magic on the island.

At this moment, a huge humanoid skeleton gradually emerged from the faint fog.

This skeleton seemed to belong to a giant, but it was much larger than any giant Bryan had ever seen or heard of.

The giants in the magical world today were only about twenty feet tall, but this skeleton was as tall as the newly built six-story dormitory building in the orphanage!

Silently, Bryan opened his mouth wide as he looked at the skeleton that towered over him like a mountain…

//patreon.com/FicFrenzy

20