0117 Breaking the Shackles
1k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Human ambition, like a raging fire, will grow more and more intense with the increase of power. 

Bryan is not a saint. In fact, he knows that only those who are dead and gone can be qualified to be saints. 

Bryan does not covet power, because he has a clear vision that the core of power is strength. A wizard like Cornelius Fudge, whose power is completely built on the fragile order of the wizarding society, has unstable and ephemeral rights. Bryan's desire for strength is stronger than most people. The source of this desire is partly his biological nature, and partly because the unexpected crossing made him feel his own powerlessness. He eagerly wants to have the power to determine his own destiny, to be the master of his own fate. 

And now, this power that can contend with fate is in front of him, within reach, tempting him with its irresistible allure. 

As his mood changed, the magic power around Bryan surged violently, like a stormy sea. Ambition was like a runaway wild horse, rampaging in his heart. Pictures appeared in his mind, which were the pictures of him fulfilling his 'dream', he established an epic and magnificent magic dynasty! 

Hundreds of thousands of wizards from all over the world gathered together and looked at him in the clouds with extremely respectful eyes. Behind the wizards, billions of muggles shouted his name, as if praising a god. 

"What a wonderful picture–" 

Bryan closed his eyes and hugged nothingness and muttered, his voice full of longing and ecstasy. 

Since humans have civilization, no one can compare with his achievements. Since ancient times, no one has been stronger than him. 

He will live forever, his words will be revelations, his statues will be built on the highest place on earth, his greatness will be remembered by the years, and will be remembered regardless of changes in the world and vicissitudes of life! And now, only one step away from all this, that is to pull out the Twin Serpent Staff and submit to the power of the Twin Serpent Staff. As long as he submits to it, he can easily solve the hidden dangers in the wizarding world today. Albus Dumbledore will respectfully hand over the title of 'the greatest wizard of this era' with both hands! 

"Just submit." 

Bryan muttered again while closing his eyes and immersing himself in fantasy. He kept repeating the word 'submit'. His straight back unconsciously curved, and his knees also bent. It seemed that he was about to kneel before the Twin Serpent Staff, surrendering his will to it. 

The two closed-eyed snake monsters clinging to the golden staff opened their hideous mouths at Bryan, as if showing a silent sneer. 

The indestructible Twin Serpent Staff only submits to its own master! Just before Bryan completely lost himself in ambition and desire, a red-haired Godric Gryffindor appeared in front of him, and his previous self-talk sounded like thunder in Bryan's mind, making him suddenly open his closed eyes! 

Whoosh! In an instant, Bryan's mind shattered and dissipated those false pictures like bubbles. The clear reason regained control of the pale purple eyes. 

Cold sweat slid down his pale cheeks like water droplets. His heart beat like a drum. Bryan staggered back several steps. He looked at the still silent staff with indescribable horror! It was close. Just close. If it weren't for remembering Gryffindor's words at the last moment, Bryan almost became a puppet of this 'artifact'! 

"Terrible–" 

Bryan murmured with lingering fear. The short ten seconds just now was probably the most dangerous moment since he entered the wizarding world. 

The Twin Serpent Staff only submits to its own master. This means that only its master can use the power of the Twin Serpent Staff. Is Bryan its master? Of course not, its master is the legendary dark witch Morgan Le Fay or the shadow hidden in Morgan Le Fay's body, not Bryan Watson. 

"Only with my help can you take out the sacred artifact belonging to the Druid religion from 'Merlin's resting place'–" 

Bryan looked at Cliodna at the door with a pale face. The little pity in his heart disappeared cleanly. He suddenly had an urge to curse her for her deception and manipulation.

 

 

Wiping off the cold sweat on his forehead, Bryan turned around and wanted to leave. He wanted to check whether the passage that cut into the time barrier still existed. But as he turned around, Bryan's face suddenly stiffened and pain appeared on his pale face again. 

Magic– Inside the barrier, the magic power existing in the time gap suddenly became restless and poured into Bryan's body endlessly! It only took a breath of time for Bryan to understand what had happened–magic riot, he actually encountered a magic riot again! Including the magic awakening in childhood and the sudden increase of magic power caused by mood changes at Hogwarts a few months ago, this was already the third magic riot that occurred on Bryan's body, and this time it was triggered by Bryan successfully resisting the temptation of the Twin Serpent Staff, reason overcame the ambition to control the power far beyond his own ability. 

The soul is the source of magic. Whenever it undergoes a purification or refinement, the wizard's magic power experiences dramatic fluctuations or tremendous transformations. For a talented wizard like Bryan, this change was especially obvious. 

With the experience from the last time, he handled this kind of thing much more easily. As soon as he realized what had happened, he activated the magic engraved in his eyes. The vortex rotated at full speed, like a powerful engine. It compressed and stored the misty magic power in his eyes. As this process continued, his eyes turned into a deep purple color, like a bottomless abyss. 

"What is this? A blessing in disguise?" 

He scratched his hair and showed a wry smile, looking at the two pure purple gems reflected in the water mirror. Even the shape of his pupils became vague. The feeling of fullness and swelling in his body and eyes told him that he had grown stronger again.

This is not to say that he already has the power to crush Albus Dumbledore immediately, but that his actual strength level has once again approached his 'boosted' strength. 

"The problem is, how can I see people with this look in the future? I'm afraid even the stupidest people will realize that something is wrong with my eyes." 

Bryan felt happy for his breakthrough on the path of magic, but also felt troubled by the small problems it brought. If he didn't deal with it, his appearance would definitely be regarded as a 'freak' by people. After thinking for a while, Bryan turned his wand against his eyes. A strand of silver mist came out from the tip of the wand and floated to his eyes, and piled up into a layer of 'thin lenses' near his eye sockets. As the silver mist disappeared, the color of Bryan's eyes faded at a speed visible to the naked eye until they returned to their original brown appearance. 

"Although it can't fool Dumbledore's level of wizard's eyes, other people should not be able to see through this very practical illusion magic. I have to say 'thank you' to you, Professor Lockhart–" 

Bryan sighed and dispelled the water mirror, smiling. He remembered how he learned this illusion magic from Gilderoy Lockhart's book on how to make himself look more handsome.

********************************************

For Extra Chapters : patreon.com/FicFrenzy

22