0136 Solution
918 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before Lucius Malfoy had time to vent his frustration, the hurried and panicked footsteps on the floor above made him jump up from his chair. He looked at the charred claw on the table that made him sick and nauseous. It was a 'souvenir' from the werewolves who had invaded his manor at night, demanding his help in finding their enemy. He felt a surge of anger and disgust, but also fear and helplessness. He knew he had to deal with this situation quickly, before it got out of hand. After his cheek twitched violently a few times, he waved his wand and threw the claw into the drawer, as if trying to erase the memory of the encounter.

"Dear!"

Narcissa, wearing a silk robe and holding a wand, rushed down from the stairs. Her blonde hair was messy, and her blue eyes were wide with anxiety. Behind her, Draco, who was pale and terrible, shivered and held the stair railing and followed. He looked like he had just woken up from a nightmare.

"There were two people, Dad,"

Cold sweat soaked Draco's blond hair, and his light gray eyes were full of horror. He spoke in a trembling voice, as if he was afraid that the intruders would hear him.

"I was sleeping, and suddenly I felt someone pressing on me, wearing a black cloak. One covered my mouth, and the other grew claws on his hand and aimed at my eyes!"

Draco's description made Narcissa tremble. At this moment, her expression was hard to say whether it was fear or anger. She clenched her teeth and tightened her grip on her wand.

"My situation is almost the same. Is it them!, they"

"Draco–" Lucius interrupted his wife's words. His face was iron blue, and his hoarse voice was extremely suppressed. He glanced at the door, as if expecting someone to barge in at any moment.

"Go upstairs and get your quilt. Tonight, you will rest in my study. Go now!"

Draco was stunned, then showed an unwilling expression. He knew that his parents were going to discuss important matters. He wanted to join in, but his father's serious order made him unable to resist. He could only turn around reluctantly and go upstairs to get the bedding.

Narcissa escorted Draco into the study before returning to a small room thirty feet away from the study. The room was dimly lit by a fireplace, and there were several portraits of their ancestors on the walls. They all looked stern and proud, as if judging their descendants for their predicament.

"What's going on, dear!" As soon as she entered the room, Narcissa asked eagerly. She closed the door behind her and locked it with a spell.

"What do those werewolves want to do!"

"Greyback brought a few werewolves to our door–"

Only when his closest wife was present did Lucius not have to hide his exhaustion. He leaned back on the chair, closed his eyes and rubbed his brow. He felt a headache coming on.

"Greyback hopes I can help him find out the whereabouts of an enemy."

As a couple who shared weal and woe, Narcissa knew most of what Lucius knew. Without much thinking, Narcissa guessed it.

"Is it that Golden Viper who made them suffer several times?"

"Without waiting for her husband's affirmative reply, Narcissa snapped, 

"Why don't they go to Kakus Fawley? He knows more about the wizards in that place than we do!" 

After Lucius briefly told Narcissa about his conversation with Greyback, she immediately became furious and shivered. 

"He dared to threaten you!" 

Narcissa's arm holding the wand shook in mid-air. She pointed it furiously at one of the portraits, as if imagining it was Greyback's face. 

"Do they think we are easy to bully? A bunch of dirty and stinky scums who dare to do this, threaten the Malfoy family; break into my son's bedroom. I swear…. I will kill them all!"

Lucius's eyes were gloomy and terrifying. He stared at the wand in his hand, but did not respond to his wife's furious ranting.

"–I don't care how much money it costs, dear. Go to the Ministry of Magic, go to Fudge, as long as he is willing to order Aurors to hunt down all those filthy werewolves in Britain, we can agree to whatever he wants. And that underworld, we can also issue commissions there. A thousand galleons for a werewolf corpse. I want them all wiped out!"

Narcissa walked around the room, hating her teeth.

"Moody and Scrimgeour have been looking for Greyback for more than ten years, and they haven't touched a single wolf hair."

Lucius's voice was still hoarse. "These guys are more cunning than sewer rats. The Ministry of Magic has no ability to catch them all at once. And,"

Lucius looked at Narcissa and gasped for a few times. He felt a cold sweat on his forehead, and his heart was pounding. He knew that they were in a very dangerous situation, and he had to find a way out.

"We all know that this will bring endless retaliation. We did the same when we were under the Dark Lord. For those who fell willingly and dared to resist, we caught the rebels and their families and tortured them with the most powerful Cruciatus Curse. Finally, we ended their lives with the Killing Curse. Greyback won't use the Killing Curse against us. He has more ways to make us worse than death. It is because of his 'talent' that the Dark Lord was willing to accept him and his pack."

He spoke in a low voice, recalling the horrors of the past. He remembered how they had enjoyed inflicting pain and fear on their enemies, how they had followed the Dark Lord's orders without question, how he had thought they were superior to everyone else. But now, they were the ones who were threatened and hunted by a group of savage beasts, who had no respect for their blood or status.

Narcissa fell silent. The reason why she was so hysterical was because she was worried about the outcome described by her husband. She loved her family more than anything, and she would do anything to protect them. She couldn't bear the thought of losing them, or seeing them suffer.

This silence lasted for a long time. Narcissa sat next to Lucius, and neither of them spoke. They held each other's hands, trying to find some comfort and strength in their bond.

"Are you going to help him with this–"

After a long time, Narcissa asked in a voice full of unwillingness. She hated the idea of helping Greyback, but she also feared their wrath.

"The Auror Office has been secretly investigating the identities of those active wizards in the underworld. They do have some information. I will go to Fudge and ask to see the list."

Lucius Malfoy raised his head and looked at the magic lamp on the ceiling. Although he gave his method, his tone was very weak. Obviously, he knew that the possibility of getting a result was almost zero.

In fact, what Lucius had just said to Greyback was not a lie. Since the Dark Lord's downfall, he tried to cut off his connection with that side, except for the necessary channels. Even Kakus Fawley, who was born in the pure-blood family, he rarely had direct contact with him.

The light was soft, but looking at it for a long time, Malfoy felt his eyes sore and dry. He closed his eyes again and rubbed them, trying to eliminate the bizarre lights in front of him.

But suddenly, a person who made a deep impression on Malfoy and was extremely afraid of appeared from the blurred light, making Malfoy's body suddenly stiff.

Bryan Watson!

Last Christmas, this person suddenly appeared in Malfoy's vision when he was still a Hogwarts board member. He forcefully intervened in the Slytherin Chamber of Secrets attack that happened in the school. It only took him more than three months to completely end the conspiracy that he had 'unknowingly' planned.

And this person got the support of most of the board members through Kakus's channel.

He had no reputation, but his strength was frightening. He seemed gentle and soft, but his methods were cold and ruthless. In addition, he had some relationship with Kakus. Malfoy was sure of that.

Bryan Watson was also a wizard who often operated in the underworld.

'He seems to have a good impression of Draco. Maybe I can ask him about the 'Golden Viper'?'

Lucius hesitated, but thinking of that 'pleasant' encounter at the Leaky Cauldron, Malfoy extinguished this idea. He hoped Draco could get closer to this person, but he himself, unless there was no other way, he absolutely did not want to deal with him again!

*******************************

For More Chapters; patreon.com/FicFrenzy

22