0174 Playwright
696 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry and Ron were obviously overjoyed about what happened to Malfoy, but they had different expectations for the outcome. Ron had had enough of Malfoy's constant mockery of his family's poverty, so he hoped that this would bankrupt the Malfoy family once and for all, so that Malfoy would never be able to show off his family's wealth and status in front of him again. 

Harry's idea was also very simple and straightforward. He just wanted Malfoy's parents to be uneasy and afraid of the consequences, even planning to flee from Magical Britain, so that Malfoy would not be able to stay at Hogwarts, and Hagrid's crisis might be resolved. 

"This is not that simple, Harry!" 

Hermione slapped a thick pile of documents related to magical creatures injuring people on the table, her expression very serious and stern, 

"We all know that Malfoy's father is not an ordinary person. Last Year, if it weren't for Professor Watson's timely resolution of the basilisk and the diary left by You-Know-Who, Lucius Malfoy, who had the ability to control the entire board of governors, might have really driven Professor Dumbledore out of Hogwarts, but–" 

"Professor Dumbledore would never lose to that kind of scum!" Harry said dismissively.

"Let me finish, Harry!" 

Hermione glared at Harry, who was unconvinced, and spoke quickly and urgently, "Anyway, we have to admit that Lucius Malfoy is an important and influential person in the wizarding world. He has a close and intimate relationship with many Ministry of Magic officials, including the Minister of Magic himself. Now, the Malfoy family is in trouble, but he did not ask the Ministry of Magic for help, nor did he report it in the newspaper. Instead, Malfoy came to find Professor Snape for help!" 

"So what, Hermione," 

Ron puffed his cheeks and said unhappily and impatiently, "Fudge and his gang are greedy and corrupt politicians. They are friends with Malfoy's dad only for the Malfoy family's money and power. I bet, if they really offended someone powerful and formidable, Fudge and his gang would definitely stand by and watch the Malfoy family suffer!" 

"The problem is," 

Hermione, who was provoked, had her bright yellow pupils shining and sparkling, she crossed her arms and asked back, 

"What kind of wizard do you think can make the Minister of Magic afraid, Ron? Did you two think that the person who threatened Lucius Malfoy was Professor Dumbledore?"

"There are many powerful wizards who are not famous," 

Ron took out the silver coin from his pocket and shook it in front of Hermione, "If Malfoy's father offended a wizard of Professor Watson's level, I think the Ministry of Magic can play a limited and insignificant role." 

Ron wished that Malfoy would be unlucky, this desire was too strong and intense, so he didn't care who threatened Malfoy's parents and what the purpose was. Seeing this, Hermione sensibly closed her mouth and quietly thought about why Malfoy would secretly find Snape? 

"Maybe–" 

After thinking for a while, Harry's emerald eyes began to shine and glow, and he said with a hopeful and eager tone, 

"Could it be Black?"

Harry's idea was too far-fetched, Hermione and Ron looked at each other and didn't know how to answer. They wanted to support their friend, but they also wanted to be realistic. How could Black, who was on the run from the dementors and aurors, have the time and the means to threaten Lucius Malfoy, who was well-protected and influential? 

Harry looked at Ron and Hermione, who were still silent, and said.

"Think about it, Ron, Hermione," 

But Harry obviously thought he had come up with a guess close to the truth, he said enthusiastically and passionately, 

"Black escaped from that prison called Azkaban to avenge Voldemort. To achieve this goal, he suffered a lot for twelve years, and tried to slip away from those dementors. He wanted to kill me, there is no doubt about that, but when he found out that his former colleagues, you know who I mean, lied to the world with lies, pretending that they had never followed Voldemort, and still lived a glamorous and comfortable life outside, I guess he couldn't bear it!-"

Harry paused, and said to Ron and Hermione, who were still silent, "Black probably wanted to come to me first, but he didn't find a chance. I stayed with Professor Watson during the summer vacation. After entering Hogwarts, he found that he couldn't break through those dementors.

So, he turned to Lucius Malfoy, the influential pure-blood wizard, and asked him to order his son Draco Malfoy, to find a way to get me out of school. But Lucius, who was kicked out of the board of governors by Dumbledore, obviously didn't have the courage to do so, so Black, he threatened them that if they didn't do as he said, he would kill their entire family with his dark magic. Today's newspaper report, the Daily Prophet, made Malfoy realize that the Ministry of Magic had no way to deal with Black, so he secretly asked Snape for help–" 

"Man, I just found out–" 

As Harry spoke, Ron interrupted him with a loud exclamation. His mouth gradually opened as he stared at Harry, his expression was very funny,

"You have inherited Lockhart's Legacy, that big liar, your story-telling skills are much better than him!" 

Puff! 

Ron's words made Hermione laugh and feel angry at the same time. She glared at Ron, who had a mischievous grin on his face, and looked at Harry, who was still insisting on his theory, and said sympathetically, 

"Black has put too much pressure on you, Harry, I think you should go back to the dormitory and rest." 

Theoretically speaking, Harry's guess was not impossible, but based on guesswork, this was something that could not be confirmed or falsified, unless, the three of them were ready to continue to go to the bathroom of Moaning Myrtle, the ghost who haunted the second-floor girl's lavatory, and boil a pot of Polyjuice Potion there.

"By the way," 

The little wizards in the Gryffindor common room, the cozy and warm place where the members of Gryffindor house gathered and relaxed, had almost dispersed, and Ron, who was walking to the dormitory with a sigh, suddenly remembered something. He stopped at the corner of the spiral staircase, and looked at the opposite girls' dormitory staircase with a puzzled frown, 

"How do I feel like we forgot to ask Hermione something" 

As the sun ascends and descends, the clouds drift and fade, Time flows in silent weariness, and the years carve eternity in simplicity.

The bright and complete moon last night, which illuminated the night sky with its silver glow, was missing a corner when it hung on the branch today, but the stars that were embedded in the endless abyss and emitted mysterious magic were still bright and twinkling. 

On the high slope, taking advantage of the bright moon and stars, dozens of rat families, carrying their belongings and offspring, were moving away from the hillside overnight, fearing that they would be 'wiped out' by the madman who stayed in that broken house all day. 

Countless sheepskin papers filled with formulas and diagrams, which looked like ancient and arcane runes, became the new floor of the Shrieking Shack's living room and kitchen. In the hall, the trash can that was almost as tall as a first-year wizard was full of slime made from the corpses of rats, frogs, spiders and some vixens, which gave off a foul and nauseating smell. 

The room that was originally dusty and cobwebbed was now replaced by a strong blood smell that could not be diluted. The souls and evil resentment of the countless dead creatures made this house called 'Shrieking Shack' truly live up to its name, as eerie and horrifying screams could be heard from time to time. 

A wave of faintness that swept across the living room in the blink of an eye and the faint roar in the air indicated that a new round of attempts had begun again. In the kitchen, the rat whose limbs were brutally nailed to the stone platform with iron nails had fear stuffed in its black eyes, it stared in horror at the terrible tentacles formed by the gathered black smoke that were approaching it, and let out a mournful cry. 

– Bang! As with hundreds of previous attempts, the experiment failed again! 

Clang! 

Bryan, who was pale and exhausted, threw his wand on the table and kicked the door between the bowls and plates, which shattered into pieces. Compared with a month ago, Bryan, who had almost not slept for forty hours, looked much worse. His original soft and clean gray hair was like glued together, forming strands of interlocked hair that stuck to his forehead. The light purple pupils were stained with crisscrossing bloodshot eyes, dark circles, dry lips, and a wizard robe stained with dried blood. He looked like a vagrant who had wandered for a long time. 

"Where did it go wrong!" 

Bryan scratched his itchy hair, his tone unwilling and frustrated. He had disassembled and studied every detail of the calculation principle and practice, and he could not find any problems, but he just couldn't engrave the curse into the soul of the creature, which was the key to his ultimate goal. Ever since he started practicing spell modification and research alone, without any guidance or assistance from others, including the time he studied the magic of storing magic in the eyes, a rare and powerful technique that he had learned from an ancient book, he had never encountered such a difficult and frustrating situation!

*******************************

For More Chapters; patreon.com/FicFrenzy

11