0228 Resistance
513 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Shrieking Shack was as silent as a tomb, except for the faint sound of a needle dropping on the wooden floor. A subtle but deadly aura filled the air, making every breath feel like a razor blade.

In the dimly lit living room, Bryan was sitting on a soft chair, resting his elbow on the armrest. He supported his tilted cheek with a clenched fist, observing the large black dog that lay motionless on the sofa. The dog's fur was matted and dirty, and its eyes were wide with fear. A cold smile appeared at the corner of Bryan's mouth, revealing his white teeth.

"It's not easy to see you, Mr. Black." He said in a low voice, breaking the eerie silence.

Crash!

As soon as Bryan's words fell, the quiet room suddenly erupted into chaos. The big black dog sprang up from the sofa and dashed towards the door, without any intention of confronting Bryan. It seemed to sense the danger that Bryan posed, and wanted to escape at all costs.

"Heh, trying to escape?" Bryan sneered, raising an eyebrow. He slowly stood up, his black cloak fluttering behind him. His sneer was filled with contempt and mockery.

At the same time, Crookshanks, who had also awakened from its slumber, let out a series of angry howls. Its bulky figure suddenly burst out with astonishing speed, its orange fur standing on end. Instead of running away like Sirius, it resolutely pounced towards Bryan's face, seemingly trying to buy time for Sirius.

Clang!

A bright flash of light lit up the dim room for a brief moment. Crookshanks, moving even faster than before, was sent flying by a flick of Bryan's wand. It crashed heavily into the liquor shelf that separated the living room from the kitchen, shattering bottles and glasses. Its amber eyes rolled back, and its body fell to the ground lifelessly, blood dripping from its mouth.

"What a traitor. I'll settle the score with you later." Bryan glanced at the unconscious Crookshanks, feeling no sympathy in his heart. He just muttered quietly, his voice cold and emotionless.

While Bryan was delayed for those few seconds, the crazily fleeing Sirius had already reached the door. Instead of trying to open it, he simply used his massive body to ram into it, intending to break the door with brute force.

Boom!

The sudden impact made the entire dilapidated house tremble. Dust and debris fell from the ceiling and walls. Just like Crookshanks before, Sirius was bounced back by the magic attached to the door, which was reinforced by Bryan.

Sirius let out a painful howl in mid-air, experiencing a painful transformation as his disguise was broken by Bryan's magic. His massive body quickly shrank and twisted like putty, his paws turned into hands and feet, and his black fur rapidly receded. By the time he landed, he had completely regained his human form.

He looked like a shadow of his former self. His dirty, unkempt hair hung down to his elbows, covering his gaunt face. His pale skin was tightly stretched over his cheekbones, making him look like a skeleton. His eyes, sunken in their sockets, revealed both madness and determination. Under the foul-smelling tattered prisoner's robe, the contours of every rib were clearly visible. He was the spitting image of the picture on the wanted poster, Sirius Black, the notorious mass murderer.

"It's chilling to see you, Black," Bryan's mocking gaze didn't waver in the face of Sirius's terrifying eyes. He casually rolled up his right sleeve, revealing his fair wrist, and smiled calmly.

"Didn't expect to see you like this after wanting to meet you so much." He said sarcastically, his smile mocking Sirius's miserable state.

Whoosh!

A piercing red light shot out like an arrow from the suddenly revealed wand in Sirius's hand, directly aimed at Bryan's chest. 

However, this curse was easily deflected by Bryan, who waved his wand casually. The red light pierced through the ceiling of the first floor and the roof of the second floor, leaving a hole in its wake. It disappeared into the swirling snowflakes that fell from the gray sky.

"Oh? So, you got yourself a wand too?" Bryan turned his gaze, staring at the familiar-looking wand in Sirius's hand. A coldness seeped into his indifferent smile.

"Could this wand be the one Mr. Longbottom lost?" He asked, his tone implying that he already knew the answer.

"Let me go, young man. I don't want to have a fight with you–" Sirius said in a hoarse voice, sounding like a rusty saw cutting through wood. He had not spoken for so long, his vocal cords were damaged. He maintained a half-crouched posture and slowly backed away, not wanting to provoke the dangerous young man in front of him. 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Black, but I'm afraid I can't grant your request–" Bryan spread his hands and said 'regretfully', his eyes gleaming with malice.

"There are many people who have been longing to see you. They are counting on me to bring you back!"

Sirius knew that his fate was sealed the moment he saw the young wizard who appeared in front of him. His previous words were just a desperate attempt to stall and mislead his enemy. He never expected this wizard named Bryan Watson to show him any mercy.

Sirius had witnessed Bryan's display of power before. During his twelve years in Azkaban, his mind hadn't been damaged by the Dementors, thanks to his ability to transform into a dog. He knew very well that he couldn't defeat this formidable guy.

However, knowing this didn't mean he would give up resistance and surrender. Bryan mocked and looked down on him, and that was his hope for escape. He had to find a way to get out of the Shrieking Shack.

The stunning spell hit the shimmering barrier in front of Bryan, scattering countless dots of light like a dazzling galaxy. It was a feeble attack, but it served its purpose.

Taking advantage of this momentary gap, Sirius rushed into the kitchen, intending to escape through the window. He knew that the door was sealed by Bryan's magic, and he had no time to waste. But before he could reach the countertop, a chilling surge of magic suddenly erupted behind him. He felt a cold sweat on his forehead, and his heart skipped a beat. Without hesitation, Sirius immediately turned around and shouted,

"Protego!"

Crack!

The sound of shattering glass echoed through the room, as the iron armor shield that Sirius had conjured failed to withstand Bryan's curse. Sirius felt a powerful force rushing towards him, like a giant fist. His weak body couldn't resist the impact and he stumbled back a few steps, his back hitting the edge of the kitchen counter, causing him intense pain that almost made him faint. He bit his lip, trying to suppress a scream.

"You have some skills, Mr. Black, but I advise you not to resist stubbornly. Otherwise, you'll suffer." Bryan said, standing in the hallway. He slightly restrained his calm smile. He raised an eyebrow in surprise. He had intended to completely disable Sirius's resistance with that last attack, but he didn't expect it to be blocked. However, it didn't matter much to him. 

Suddenly, a dazzling zigzag-shaped white light flashed through the gloomy and cold air. Sirius, who was desperately gasping for breath while hunched over, even thought he saw a lightning bolt at that moment. Without time to think about what kind of magic it was, Sirius shouted and rushed towards the other side, hoping to dodge the attack.

The explosion created a shockwave that blew away the kitchen walls, creating a large crater in the ground, similar to what would be formed after a small meteor impact. The blast sent debris and dust flying in all directions, and the heat scorched everything in its path.

Under the impact of this tremendous force, the entire house was on the verge of collapse, making creaking sounds. It seemed that complete collapse was just a step away. The wooden beams and planks cracked and fell, and the furniture and objects were smashed and scattered.

The swirling snow and wind poured into the room, adding to the chaos. Bryan squinted his eyes, looking at Sirius, who had broken several ribs and was coughing up blood as he struggled to get up from the snow. He was covered in wounds and bruises, and his clothes were torn and burned.

"I have to say, Mr. Black–" Bryan walked through the muddy ground, standing in the icy landscape. His purple eyes flashed with a hint of satisfaction before quickly disappearing.

"You have a tenacious vitality, just like a cockroach."

Looking at the young wizard who was mocking him from above, Sirius's deeply sunken eye sockets flashed with a hint of gloom. He felt a surge of anger and hatred in his chest, and he refused to give up. He still had one last trick up his sleeve. He shook the wand in his hand and grinned, revealing his scarred pale lips.

"You underestimated me, boy." 

After speaking, a loud explosion suddenly occurred in the air filled with cold and clear air. Sirius Black's figure disappeared in an instant, leaving only the swirling snowflakes with disrupted trajectories. He had used the last of his magic to apparate, a risky move that could have killed him if he had failed.

"Heh, baseless confidence–" Bryan said, seeing Sirius's apparition. He didn't panic. Instead, a hint of delight flashed in his purple eyes. He closed his eyes to sense for a moment. The next second, he took a step forward and disappeared into the pristine landscape, leaving behind a trail of snow.

*******************************

For More Chapters; patreon.com/FicFrenzy

16