003 Grow and Thrive
130 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body falls into a black hollow. Faster than before, until I see a light, the space becomes narrow and my body becomes stiff.

A whole body of mine languid once again like before. But this time, I just barely feel my sense. I can hear a sound but unclear, my vision just blurs as if myopic, even though I can’t control my body.

‘Probably this is a phase where I was just born from a mother, I'll let everything with my instinct this time’ I said, and let everything happen.

I closed my eyes, even though I know that my body moves naturally, just hope I can sleep.

***

"How is it madam, Is the baby born healthy?" A man asked the woman with a robe. Probably a doctor or nurse.

"Yes, your son was born healthy, your wife is so lucky can bear a child in this harsh winter" Said the madam while she carry a crying baby.

"I didn’t find any disability, it's like your wife blessed by god to bear this child, She like treated with full care like a princess in a royal castle. Even I can feel her mana quite big for a baby!!" She said while checking sex and was more shocked after knowing the baby is a girl and she has a big mana capacity.

"Honey, look at our child, she was born healthy" The man who has impatient telling to the woman, probably his wife.

"Ohh… you're so cute…" She said after taking a deep breath. She just put all her energy to give birth to the baby.

"What do you think? What's a perfect name for our little baby, Honey?" She said to her husband.

"She was born in the middle of harsh winter, like a miracle she can born healthy, and also I hope she has a strong sense for helping people around her. How about Alivia?" The man asked his wife.

"Sounds good, I hope she can become a light and guide people around her" a slight smile visible on her lips.

"Right, I don't know why god give this miracle or not, I hope she can make a good history in future.

Nobody knows that the baby is reincarnated person. The only god who knows about real identity about her and later she will shake the world.

***

At the beginning of morning, when the villager starts to activity, there’s one room in that village still quiet like nobody is in there.

"Via… Alivia…. Alivia…." Shout a woman from outside the room.

Dor Dor Dor

That woman knocks on the door so hard to wake up a person inside the room.

"Hueee…?" A little kid just barely woke up from her sleep confused about what happened.

"Quickly wake up, the breakfast has been ready" Shout a woman once again from outside, it is a sound from her mother.

"Okay mom…" Said the child while she keep rubbing her eyes.

Quickly get up after rubbing her eyes. She started to leave the bed. Look at the window before doing anything.

'Haaahhh… I never bored with this scenery every day' Thought the child.

After a while she looks up at the village scenery, then she tidies up her bed. Change her cloth with casual village cloth. Not took a long time and she was ready to get out of her room. Open the door and walk away from her room.

Right, that's child is me, I am the one who reincarnated from another world. It has been 11 years since I reincarnated to this world. My name is Anthony previously, and right now my name is Alivia, of course, that's from my current parents in this world, something that I cannot refuse.

This place is like the medieval era on earth, and development in this world is quite left behind. There are still so many expansions, even my father is a retired soldier who has been joining Kingdom expansion for 5 years and came back one year ago.

Here, I reincarnated as a commoner from a rural village, far away from the capital. This village or 'Arista Village' is the farthest village, It can be said that this village is the frontline before, you can access this village after three months by carriage from the capital, and then, this village is the last point before facing the endless dense forest. Even though this is the frontier, strangely this forest never got any monster swarm like other villages. I could say, it's like this village is protected by someone probably? I don't know, let's just save this matter for another story.

Like what the 'god' said when I reincarnated into this world. This world is "fantasy sword and magic", every person in this world can use magic, even though they couldn’t cast powerful magic, at least they can use daily life magic, such as to ignite a fire or produce a cup of water and even defend themselves from a low-rank monster like a goblin, every people could do that.

After coming down from my room, I can see my mother still cooking breakfast and my father drinking herbal tea.

"Hurry up wash your face and come back to eat your breakfast" Mom said even without looking at me. Keep the focus on cooking breakfast, she has belief that food in the morning will affect the performance a person on that day. Yeah, that's how my mother is.

"Okay then…" I said while walking and opening the door to the backyard.

After I open the door, the fresh breeze quickly ‘flatters my face with its refreshing feeling. The bright morning scenery and some birds flying around are 180 degrees different from my past life where fill with radiation waste and some savage group.

'Ahh… so refreshed… I've never been this happy in the morning just because of the wind. I Stretched my hand while closing my eyes, feeling every single of my breath.

Then I continued to walk to a well in my backyard, lower a bucket and then pull it directly without any pulley.

"Huft… I feel like I spent too much energy just for a bucket of water, compared with my previous world." I said right after got the water, then wash my face and come back to the house to help my mom prepare the breakfast.

Not took much time and we finally served all the food. Then we eat before doing our activity,

Thanks to the transcontinental merchant, we could enjoy some delicious food, not like hard bread and salty soup like in every medieval kingdom story.

After we ate the food, we drank herb tea. And talk about some problems and new things that happen around the village.

"So, how about the last incident? I heard that they threaten and planning to attack once again?" My mom asked, her name is Elenoir, she is a quite tough woman honestly and of course, she is a faithful woman to her husband. She has always been together with her husband. Even though my father must face any threats, she will go and stand beside him. Like the last incident, she ran to his post and join to defend the village. Such a wonderful person

"Even though they only have ten people, that's quite a problem for this small village. They retreat at the last raid. Luckily there aren't any victims from us. Only some injured guards." He answered while leaning on his chair with worry tone. He is my father, Robert, a chief guard for this village and at the same time as a training instructor for children and young men in swordsmanship.

They talk about the last night bandit raid, this is the second for this month, around once in two weeks. Even though they were severely injured and some of them got killed, they never tired and will raid again gradually.

"Did the village chief has reported this matter to Veris city?" Ask my mom, that city is the nearest city to this village, at the territory of Duke Maxina, around one week's walk from here.

"He has, but probably they will come here ten days more, reckon from distance and people, it probably will take more time than prediction" Said my father. 4 days to one week for one person, if they took around 20 or 40 soldiers, it will spend more time than usual.

"Hope we can defend this village for a few days until they arrive" Hope my mom. Yep, she rushes to the village gate after hearing that there are bandit raids and helping my father with her magic. And that's how we can defend this village.

"Fortunately, after the chief come from Palmira city, there is probably some reinforcement on our way, he said that Princess Odette, the third princess of this kingdom will come to this village," My father said with a happy tone.

"Sprut… Cough… Cough… are you kidding me!? How the information came so late!? And why she will come to this small-rural village?" Ask my mom with a confused tone.

"After last year one child has a 'sword saint' blessing. The kingdom hurried up to look up the child, took him to the academy, and give him a scholarship. So, just for pre-caution if this year will be like last time again" Shrugged my father, even though he think that action was unnecessary just for a royal family.

"Is there information has spread out? You know the 'blessing event' just 6 days left?"

"Nah… just you see," My father said simply and then continued with a knock from the front door.

Knock Knock Knock

Like intentional coincidence, after my father said that, there is a person who knocked on the door. My father stand up and left for reaching the door. After a while, he comes back with bringing information.

"Yep, that's the chief's assistance who came and delivered information about the princess matter" Said my father.

"Ahh… Curse me!? Alright… I must hurry up and decorate this house, both of you… could you help me decorate this house?"

""Nope"" Bot of us answer together.

"Why?!" My mother cried as if she got betrayed.

"I have a plan to bring my order from a merchant" I answered.

"Right, not like any other girls, you always have a plan every day huh..." She said. I just give a smile and shrugged.

My mother just rolled her eyes, and then look at my father who has turn around and quickly approach him.

"You don't have any plan right" She grabbed his shoulder and look at him with a little smile psycho.

"Gulp" He started sweating around. When he turns facing the mother.

"HIEEEE" That was only his response. He shuddered after looking at my mother's face.

"You have free time and you aren't on your guard duty, right?" My mom asked once again, and this time she squeeze his shoulder slightly.

"Y-Yes…" He was obliged to accept my mother's question. With a pale expression, he look at me and give me a sign 'Please help me'.

I look at Father with a pitiful face. I just only give a praying gesture and hope he will be alright.

'You traitor!' that's what looks like my father said to me in his mind.

Before they go to another room. My mom turns around and asks something to me.

"You will buy something at a merchant, right? Could you also buy some kitchen ingredients for me?" My mom asked while she still holds my father's hand.

"Sure… No problem…" My affirmative to Mom.

2