Chapter – 3 Class Advancement?
130 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What lay in her inventory was a large spherical object. Having an idea of what it was, she brought up the details of the item and inwardly groaned.

[Hunting Wolf’s Fragrance]

Lures all monsters towards this position below level 15 in a five-kilometer square radius.

Seconds later, Rin felt a minuscule vibration underneath the snow beneath her back. The tremors grew in strength before she heard the howling of wolves in the nearby distance.

“You’ve gotta be joking,” Rin muttered, getting up to her feet and looking towards the noise.

What she saw was a wave of four legged furred creatures, sprinting with a ravenous hunger towards her.

Taking the item out from her inventory, she threw the sphere to the right and started running to the left. Looking back, she saw the majority of the wolves rush towards the item.

But unfortunately, a trace of the fragrance stuck to the Rin's palm and a group of wolves separated to chase in her direction. Hearing another howl, she looked over her shoulder and saw the wolves that darted towards the sphere changed their direction and started to run towards her. Hundreds of silvery wolves were hot on her tail, each ready to tear her up into a thousand pieces.

While running, she formed multiple daggers of ice and sent them backwards without aiming in an attempt to thin out the ranks of the many wolves.

Ignoring her heightening exhaustion, she quickly jumped up into a tree and climbed a modest distance upwards to take a quick breath.

"Give me a fucking break," Rin shouted down at the wolves, who obviously did not understand her words. She rested for a moment, recovering her stamina before creating a set of daggers in the air and sending them downwards to the wolves.

However, the amount of snow wolves were endless. She had her mana regeneration skill running at its maximum, but no matter how many daggers she sent at the wolves there was no noticeable decrease to their numbers.

Rin could only watch as they swarmed around the tree she was in, the ground layered with an ocean of silver creatures.

She frowned when the tree she stood on shook dangerously as the wolves slammed repeatedly into its base. Continuing to attack with her ice projectiles she had managed to slay around one third of the creatures before the tree was right about to topple.

Jumping down, she landed on a corpse which padded her landing and heard a booming noise as the tree fell behind her. The tree crushed several monsters which brought a smile to her face.

“Messed with the wrong lady.” Rin grinned, glancing around her as the wolves started to converge in on her. Seeing this, she didn't hesitate and immediately formed her twin blades in her hands.

Stepping to the right, she avoided an oncoming enemy who leapt right past her. While the wolf was in midair, she created a spear which shot upwards from the snow that skewered and suspended the creature above the ground.

Hearing the ding from killing the beast in her head, Rin smiled in satisfaction before ducking under another wolf that leapt at her.

Using her shoulder, she slammed the monster into another oncoming wolf and killed them both with a projectile from her ice.

'Three down, hundreds left,' she thought before creating a lance above her.

Jumping into the air, she dropped the sword in her right hand and grabbed the spear, throwing it into the mouth of a wolf who leapt up at her.

While she was falling, she caught the sword she had dropped earlier and slashed another across their throat as she landed on the ground.

Twirling around, she slashed off the leg of an attacking wolf before ending it with a quick stab to its heart.

She danced through the hordes of wolves and oceans of blood with her magic and blades, slaughtering her enemies with ease.

Every movement was precise and calculative. Her stamina and mana consumption managed to its maximum otherwise if she made a single mistake, her life would be forfeit.

With a single swift set of movements, she kicked an approaching wolf under its jaw. Lifting it up to shut its jaw and allow her to stab forward with her sword, through its throat and into its brain.

Rin's breathing was rough at this point as her entire body was covered in the blood of her enemies. Blood seeped into her eye and caused a stinging pain but she ignored it.

Seeing four wolves approach from the front and three from the right she ran up to a pile of corpses. Jumping to the top before she jumped again, twirling in the air and creating seven daggers that shot towards the hearts of the creatures.

Landing on the ground, she suddenly felt pain in her left arm and let out a gasp. More out of surprise than pain, she dropped the sword in her left arm and turned to see the cause.

What met her eyes was a wolf that she hadn't noticed, latched onto her arm with its teeth.

She chuckled at the sight before ending its life with a dagger to its brain.

The creature let go of its arm and fell to the snow before silence enveloped the dungeon. Standing up straight, she looked over the frozen battlefield as hundreds of corpses littered the snow.

The stench of iron filled her lungs as she raised her hands and brushed her blood soaked hair back. Placing one of her legs on a corpse a wide grin appeared on her face.

If anyone witnessed the sight, the sight of a girl covered head to toe in blood. They would rather think her a war obsessed demon.

Falling backwards onto the snow on her back, Rin let out a tired laugh.

She looked down at her wound on her left arm and created a cast of ice to prevent any further swelling.

Fortunately she hadn't lost a limb, as a high-level healing skill would be required to restore lost limbs. Rin supposed that the wound that she suffered would heal in a couple of days.

Not having much else to do, she lay in the snow and checked her status.

Name: Rin

Titles:

Mana Core Connoisseur: Ability to eat Mana Cores

Wolf Slayer: You deal five percent increased damage to any wolf type enemy

Race: Hum-{Error}

Class: Ice Mage, Seraphim of the Night

Level: 10 -> 18

HP: 135/200

MP: 18/800

Strength: 10

Endurance: 10

Vitality: 10

Wisdom: 40

Intelligence: 50

Agility: 40 + 10

Unassigned stat points: 80

Available Skills-

Ice mage:

Lesser Mana Regeneration (Passive), Elementary Ice magic, Ice aura, Protection of Ice]

Seraphim of the Night:

None

Equipment:

Howling Wolf Ring - (Uncommon Quality)

A new title and eighty unspent stat points were available to her.

But the fight took much more out of Rin than she had thought, her mana had gotten dangerously low at one point even with her cold passive regeneration.

Her first class still displayed having no skills until Rin remembered that she had started not at level 0, but rather at level 50.

“Fifty? Can’t be too hard right," she muttered.

Rin allocated thirty of her points into endurance to be able to fight for just a little longer. Twenty-five of the stats were put into vitality to increase her speed of healing and total health. While the rest she would save just in case.

 

****

 

Rin spent the next four days mapping out the dungeon while her left arm was in the process of healing. It had taken considerable time, but now the wound was fully healed. Another thing that changed was her strength.

She had obtained several green tiered items from the monsters and had received a considerable rise in strength. The drops were part of a set of equipment that would give extra bonuses upon completing the set. However, as the gear was at an extremely low-level, Rin didn't want to put the effort in to complete the set.

Equipment:

Howling Wolf Ring - (Uncommon Quality) + 10 AGI

Howling Wolf Bracers - (Uncommon Quality) + 10 AGI

Howling Wolf Pauldrons - (Uncommon Quality) + 5 VIT, +5 END

Howling Wolf Set (3/6)

She had finally leveled up to level 20 after killing hundreds of monsters as the now familiar wolves gave very minuscule amounts of experience.

But the amount of experience didn't matter as once someone has reached level twenty, they were unable to level further until they had advanced their class. Upon reaching level twenty, the system would analyze a person's feats and generate a list of classes along with their requirements accordingly.

Interested in her choices, Rin pulled up the screen that would display her available classes to choose from.

[Ice Mage]

Choices for Class Advancement:

Warrior of Ice: You are the warrior of ice; you wield weapons of ice as if it were your own limbs. You have fought against beings stronger than yourself. Have defeated ten enemies above your level.

Requirements:

Affinity with ice

25 E ranked Mana Cores (+) 50 Strength (-)

Frost Mage: You have demonstrated an understanding over elementary ice magic. You have fought against beings stronger than yourself with strategic use of your magic. Have defeated ten enemies above your level.

Requirements:

Affinity with ice

25 E ranked Mana Cores (+) 50 Intelligence (+)

Ice Fairy: You have healed a minor injury and have achieved a greater understanding of your body. The Ice Fairy chooses to support their friends with their healing capabilities.

Requirements:

Affinity with ice

25 E ranked Mana Cores (+) 50 Vitality (-)

Rin had also gone back to the clearing with her small-scale war with the wolves and collected every single one of the mana cores that had dropped. Out of four hundred corpses she had obtained 76 E ranked mana cores for the sole purpose of her class advancements.

Looking over her available choices she immediately scratched Ice Fairy from her list.

Although healers were rare and wanted, Rin would rather prefer to have the means to deal with her enemies on her own. She wanted her own strength but the other two choices didn't look too great either.

"Was it really not worth that much..." she sighed, thinking about how she slew several hundred wolves at level 10, "But the system never lies..."

A greater feat would be needed to achieve a stronger class.

She didn't want to stay within the dungeon for a minute longer, the white filled landscape of the forest along with the weak wolves and occasional elites bored her greatly.

However, the problem was that the boss monster was standing guard in front of the door. There were two types of dungeons that existed in Rin’s past world, one where you could exit and enter a dungeon at will without restrictions. The other was killing the boss was required to leave. Those variants were called usually called a trapped dungeon.

Having seen the boss stand guard over a magic circle at the end of the dungeon, Rin deduced that she was in a trapped dungeon.

She paused her thinking when her stomach growled and interrupted her thoughts. Rin looked down and rubbed her aching stomach, she had vehemently refused to eat the mana cores for the past day.

“Ugh, when can I get some real food,” she grumbled, she gave in to her hunger and threw a core into her mouth, swallowing the item without bothering to taste the item. Eating the core brought along an incredibly awkward feeling as rather than feeling a texture on her tongue, she tasted the texture.

Scanning her mind for her mental map of the dungeon, she found the location of the boss and headed in the direction. Any stray wolves that were caught in her path were killed with a quick dagger or lance to the head. Rin, not bothering to loot the creatures, soon arrived at the edge of the boss’ domain.

The boss’ domain was a large five-hundred-meter circular clearing made of a cold stone. There were spires encircling the space while Rin could spot the boss sitting in the center. It appeared to be sleeping as its chest was heaving up and down slightly.

Wisps of cold mist could be seen enshrouding the boss's figure while it had single large spiral horn growing out of its forehead. It was another wolf type creature meaning that her wolf slaying title would come into play.

The boss had quite a menacing presence, but it was nothing compared to what Rin had seen in the past. Even so, she could certainly tell that this was not going to be an easy fight. Especially if she hadn't chosen to advance her class.

But she had already been lucky enough to reincarnate. If she chose to take a simple class like the Warrior of Ice, she wouldn't be satisfied later on.

She would decide to gamble, a gamble with a steep cost, the cost of her life.

Looking at the boss with narrowed eyes she allotted the rest of her unused stat points into agility. Bringing it up to a grand total of 105.

“Alright, hidden class, here I come,” Rin said determinedly.

[Aspect of Boreas – lvl 20 – Chieftain]

HP: 6500/6500

11