Chapter Three: Afterward
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leylin's breath hitched as Besstia applied a healing balm to the deep gash on his back. They were now in one of the chambers reserved for nobles in the west wing of the palace.

**********

{Previously}

The battle was won, but Leylin could feel the injuries in his body taking their toll. The adrenaline rush had subsided, leaving behind a tsunami of pain. His elation at teaching those bastards a lesson and breaking through to the Knight realm had been dashed, replaced by an ugly expression on his face.

Maintaining a calm facade on the outside, Leylin instructed everyone to disperse. His aura still carried the fierce momentum from the battle, ensuring that everyone left.

Once he was sure the troublesome individuals were gone, he started looting the Flower Guardians while they moaned in pain on the ground. Some attempted to resist, but a single look from Leylin made them give up.

Gritting his teeth, Leylin collected his loot before the Magi could catch wind of it. The Black Robe Knights wouldn't interfere as long as there were no fatalities, but the White Robe Magi had different interests. Their interests aligned with Leylin's objectives, making it difficult for him to take the Magic Crystals from his fallen opponents in their presence.

He shielded his action from prying eyes if there were any and swiftly carried out his actions before the palace servants arrived to attend to the wounded.

Leylin also made sure to issue a warning to prevent them from sending letters to their families seeking revenge for the events that transpired. If they disobeyed him, they might meet an untimely demise in the wilderness. However, if they followed his instructions obediently and respectfully until reaching their destination, he promised to return their Magic Crystals as an incentive.

Some of them had the idea, especially Ourin, to make Leylin's family suffer, considering their family's greater strength. Nevertheless, the stick and carrot method proved effective. They remained fearful of Leylin, having witnessed his prowess, and were anxious to have their Magic Crystals returned, as those crystals were their ticket to enter the academy.

Leylin informed the ten acquaintances he had made earlier to keep an eye on them. Afterwards, he made his way to the royal doctor, who closed his wounds and prescribed medicine for his recovery.

As he made his way down the deserted corridor towards his chamber, a guttural sound escaped his lips, followed by a stifled cry as tears cascaded down his face, mirroring the anguish he felt deep within. "Damn it! The pain is unbearable," he whispered, his sobs subdued. This level of excruciating torment was unlike anything he had ever experienced in his previous existence. Each step he took sent searing waves of agony through his back, as if his very being was being consumed by flames. It was a sensation that made him long for release, for an end to the suffering. A surge of bile threatened to rise in his throat that time, the haunting images of white bones and the gruesome scene of severed limbs, yet, he suppressed the urge, for the fervour of the battle had momentarily distracted his mind. Now, however, the vivid images resurfaced, threatening to overwhelm him once again. The bile crept upward, threatening to spill forth. He clamped his mouth shut, gripping it tightly and began to focus on his breath, following a rhythmic pattern that helped him regain control. In the midst of his emotionally volatile state, this deliberate concentration on his breathing acted as a sanctuary, transporting his turbulent mind to a place of tranquillity.

After he calms his emotions, he wipes his eyes and resumes his walk like nothing happened.

As he approached his chamber, Leylin was surprised to find an unexpected person waiting outside. Bessita, with her exotic platinum hair styled in a way he had never seen before, stood there in a red silk dress that accentuated her curves and matched her eyes. She pulled out a small bottle and vial from her long sleeve, showing them to Leylin as an explanation for her presence.

Leylin felt a hint of wariness in his mind, but he didn't voice his concerns. Instead, he gestured for her to enter his chamber, following behind and locking the door.

Bessita proceeded to explain the properties of the items she held. The vial contained an extremely miraculous elixir that could accelerate the healing process of all kinds of injuries, both internal and external. It was an invention of her kingdom's healers, achieved through extensive research involving numerous trials and errors. This breakthrough greatly benefited the kingdom's economy. The small bottle, on the other hand, contained a more potent version of the miraculous balm that George had given Leylin before.

Leylin was somewhat sceptical, although he wasn't as shrewd as Bessita, yet he maintained a level of vigilance. He wasn't a naive child either. To alleviate his doubts, he asked the A.I. Chip to analyze the contents of the vial.

'A.I. Chip checks the contains in the vile.' Leylin mentally commanded.

[Beep! Task Established! Begin Scan!]

[Discovered unknown components. Starting simulated experiments.]

[Experiments complete! Unknown Medicine has the effect of strong healing properties! Duration: 1 day.]

**********

{Now}

And that leads to the present situation.

Accepting Bessita's offer of help, even knowing she might have ulterior motives, Leylin wasn't overly concerned. In this world, absolute might reigned supreme, and with his current strength comparable to the weakest Black Robe Knight, it wouldn't be long before he could rival even the strongest among them, Lord Angelo.

As expected, Bessita proposed that Leylin join her alliance as the vice leader. In return, she promised to bestow upon him a very valuable gift. He was well aware that Bessita had successfully gathered a multitude of skilled individuals, rendering her alliance an imposing power. He could rest assured that they would not burden him as a dead weight during the impending battle. However, now that he had reached the Knight realm, he wasn't overly concerned about survival. He could hold his own as long as he remained cautious and positioned himself alongside some of the Black Robe Knights. So, he agreed after some consideration.

In the past, Leylin observed the movements of the noble children who had already begun forming alliances with powerful and capable individuals. George had received invitations from other alliances as well, but he was determined to create his own. Although he seemed like a guy with a muscle-brain who thought with his lower organ, Leylin had come to realize that George was as shrewd as any noble. (In these past few days Leylin get to know that this guy is as lecherous as the previous Leylin but with better control, no wonder they were friends in the first place, Leylin thought.)

While George revered Bessita as his goddess, he had yet to agree to join her alliance. Instead, he suggested that they position their carriages next to each other. This way, they could support each other in case of danger in the treacherous Great Plains of Death. George even extended an invitation for Leylin to join and offered him the same vice-leader position in his alliance. However, Leylin declined that time, preoccupied with his breathing techniques and the training he needed to undertake at that time.

After learning the reply of George, Besstia was a tiny bit disappointed but didn't take it to heart, as for Leylin failing to fulfil his promise completely, she didn't care much as she knows she gets the best return already when George agreed to be on her side if the need arises with his alliance without much investment. She wasn't a fool to think that her pursuers and those who fancy her in the nobility circle will follow her blindly without any benefits. Even Ourin Dorlan saw benefits in aligning himself with her, as they both aimed to enter the prestigious Wetlands Garden Academy.

Sighing softly, Bessita gently massaged the balm into the large wound on Leylin's back. His body had developed lean muscles in the past few days, transforming him from a lanky figure into a strong, lean, muscular physique. Although Leylin wasn't particularly that attractive to Bessita, who had encountered more beautiful and handsome boys her age back in her kingdom, there was something intriguing about him.

At first, she was very furious with him when he tried to rape her, she wanted to chop his little brother off but she control herself.  However, after conversing with him that night, she found herself somewhat fascinated by his sudden personality change. She followed his movements from a distance and discovered a shocking secret—this seemingly ordinary guy had reached the Knight realm, displaying impeccable swordplay that she had witnessed in only a select few individuals, in only two weeks' time. Bessita couldn't pinpoint how he had achieved such rapid progress in such a short time. Whether he was a born genius who had never trained until his ego, self-esteem, and thirst for revenge changed him, or he had fortuitously encountered some remarkable opportunity, she ruled out the latter possibility. The Black Robe Knights and especially the White Robe Magi would have surely noticed. That's why she had decided to give him something of great value to her. She is ready to sacrifice to ensure her survival before she reaches their destination.

After applying the ointment, Bessita informed Leylin that she would present him with the gift at a later time.

Leylin sighed as Bessita departed from the room. He could already sense the wound on his back beginning to heal, the pain gradually fading away. In this unfamiliar world, he believed that experiencing pain would aid him in adapting and becoming stronger. Despite having the A.I. chip at his disposal, which could provide assistance, he chose not to rely on it entirely. He acknowledged his own tendency to be somewhat cautious when it came to risking his life, but he reasoned that such caution was common.

To recapture the contents of the book in his mind, Leylin began to meditate. He felt a sense of urgency, realizing that memories of his previous life were slipping away, the trivial details fading into obscurity. Holding onto those precious memories was essential to preserving his true self. The more he could remember, the better chance he had of saving them within the A.I. database, ensuring they would never be forgotten.

*****************

[Author's Note: While this chapter may come across as an information dump to certain readers, I am compelled to provide some necessary exposition before moving forward. Rest assured, I acknowledge the potential drawbacks of such chapters and pledge to reduce their occurrence to the best of my abilities in subsequent updates.]

****************

Support me on Ko-fi

https://ko-fi.com/motorboat7

1