Chapter 19: Answers
2.6k 6 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Here's the new Chapter! Which also means the next four chapters are up on my Patreon for early access as well as the chance to vote on the direction of the story!

Thaddeus and Gwen have a chat, which naturally results in Gwen doing her best to stick her tongue down Thad's throat.

-x-X-x-

As Gwen Stacy stands before him, arms crossed over her chest and brow furrowed in suspicion and consternation, Thaddeus is briefly tempted to match her energy. For a moment, he considers crossing his own arms over his own chest and throwing her question right back in her face. Who was she? What did she want from him?

The only problem is… that would be disingenuous. Because Thaddeus isn’t the embodiment of the dumb jock stereotype anymore, which means he’s smart enough to pick up on context clues. He can literally see that Gwen isn’t lying when she questions who he is. She has no idea what he’s really capable of. Which means he’d been way off base this entire time when it came to her. He’d thought just because his floor had an X-Men Room and a Brotherhood Room that Gwen and Doreen’s room HAD to be some sort of third group running surveillance on him.

But while it was possible that unassuming Doreen was still some sort of spy, brash and independent Gwen definitely wasn’t. And that meant Thaddeus was the asshole here, just a little bit.

All of this runs through his head in half a moment, long before Gwen can start to get annoyed at his lack of answer. And with that, Thaddeus makes his decision.

“I’m exactly who I’ve said I am, Gwen. I’m a football quarterback from a small town who got into ESU on the back of a football scholarship. However… I’m also a mutant.”

Gwen’s eyes widen slightly at that revelation. And then they furrow again.

“Okay… and? Did you think I would judge you or something?”

Thaddeus lets out a laugh at that, amused by Gwen’s reaction. On the one hand, no… he didn’t think she would judge him. On the other hand…

“Gwen, I’m a football quarterback from a small town. If they’d found out I was a mutant… it’d be like them finding out I was gay.”

Maybe not quite as bad as all that, but discrimination against mutants was still pretty bad, especially in smaller, more insular communities. He sees the realization dawn on Gwen’s face, her eyes widening slightly before she scowls a bit. But she’s not scowling at him, she’s scowling on his behalf, cute as that is.

“… I hadn’t thought about it like that.”

A beat of silence hangs between them for a moment before Thaddeus clears his throat.

“So… what’s your deal, exactly? Are you a mutant too?”

Gwen blinks at that, before flushing as she realizes where they are and how she already revealed herself. Looking around the otherwise empty rooftop for a moment, the blonde huffs before shaking her head.

“Err… no. Spider Bite, actually.”

Wait, what? Thaddeus tilts his head in honest confusion, causing Gwen to huff a little as she explains.

“I got bitten by a genetically engineered spider, okay? It may have even been… radioactive. So when it bit me, instead of killing me, it kind of sort of gave me superpowers.”

That was… ridiculous. But also kind of not that surprising, given some of the public stories of how some superheroes got their powers. In fact, radiation was a big one. There were the Fantastic Four, who had been exposed to cosmic radiation, and the Hulk, who was exposed to gamma radiation. So… yeah. Radioactive Spider? Kind of made more sense than it should have in their crazy world. And Thaddeus still couldn’t detect any hint of deceit from Gwen. Either she was the best liar he’d ever met, or she was telling the truth.

Even still, he can’t help the slightly teasing tone his voice takes as he gives Gwen a deadpan stare.

“A spider bite… gave you superpowers.”

Gwen flushes and scowls at him, no doubt picking up on the fact that he’s messing with her.

“Yes, okay! I’ve got the whole spider package or whatever! Superhuman everything, plus I can walk on walls if I want to. Look, it could be worse right? At least I wasn’t bitten by some Radioactive Squirrel or something!”

That one does actually startle a laugh of disbelief from Thaddeus as he looks at Gwen askance.

“Radioactive Squirrel?!”

The blonde nods her head enthusiastically.

“You haven’t heard of her? New York’s very own Squirrel Girl? No clue who she is, but I’ve seen her running around a couple times. She’s got the biggest, poofiest squirrel tail that you can imagine, and she can even talk to squirrels, apparently. She’s also supposedly gone toe to toe with Dr. Doom after he beat the Fantastic Four one time… but I’m pretty sure that rumor is a load of shit. Still, how do you think she got her powers? I’m betting Radioactive Squirrel.”

There’s a heartbeat of silence as they both imagine it… and then both start to snicker and ultimately devolve into full-blown chuckles. At the same time though, Thaddeus can’t help but make a connection. But… there’s no way that Gwen’s roommate is this Squirrel Girl chick right? She’s just quirky and has a pet squirrel, that’s all. Gwen would know if Doreen was a squirrel-themed superheroine. Though that did beg the question…

“You weren’t really going for a run tonight, were you Gwen? Because you’re actually Spider-Woman.”

He might not have heard of Squirrel Girl, but he’d definitely heard of Spider-Woman. And when Gwen goes still on him, he knows he’s figured it out. Not to mention, looking at the colors she’s wearing… yeah, they match with what he knows of Spider-Woman. Clever of Gwen to basically use a tracksuit as her superheroine outfit, he supposed.

Looking to the side for a moment, Gwen neither confirms nor denies his words as she crosses her arms over her chest again defensively. But then, she has to know that staying silent is as good as confirmation in the end. That said…

“What’s your mutation anyways? Are you just super studly or something? The best a human man can be, plus some more on top?”

Thaddeus blinks at the sudden topic change, though he’s not really surprised. Then, he grins as he registers exactly what Gwen said. Chuckling, he shakes his head.

“That’s not quite it, no. Though I am super studly, aren’t I?”

Blushing, Gwen scoffs.

“Full of it too. Still, if that’s not it… what is it?”

He considers whether to tell her the truth or not. But in the end… Gwen seems like a good person. And if she is Spider-Woman, than she’s both a hero as well as a good secret keeper. He’s not about to blurt out his connection to Hellfire or anything like that, but…

“I’ve got sex powers.”

As expected, his delivery of that particular line has the blonde standing across from him doing a spit take. He’d done that on purpose, grinning as he watches her look at him incredulously.

“Come on. What? That’s not a thing.”

Shrugging, Thaddeus places a hand on his chest.

“It is for me. My mutation is pretty simple. I get more powerful the more sex I have. I mean, I was always this studly, don’t get me wrong. But the strength? The durability? The way I was able to just tank your punch like that? It all comes from how much sex I’ve had. Every time I fuck someone, I get a permanent boost to my ‘stats’ to borrow a bit of gamer terminology.”

He takes it as a good sign that Gwen doesn’t look like she’s going to run away screaming upon hearing this. In fact, she has a look of interest on her face… one that reminds him of the first time they met, the way she’d studied him while standing in the doorway of her dorm room. Except now, Gwen is studying him with a more knowing eye, having assimilated this new information quite quickly.

“… Huh. So that’s why you’ve been fucking every night the past week, yeah?”

It’s Thaddeus turn to blush a little at being so thoroughly called out, though he also manages a roguish grin as he shrugs his shoulders sheepishly.

“Laura is very… enthusiastic, but yes. We’re not exclusive or anything like that and she knows it. She’s just… the first woman who went for it.”

Excusing Natalie the RA who was really Natalie the Government Agent of course, but Thaddeus doesn’t see fit to mention that. Gwen hums.

“Laura… two doors down from yours? By that logic, I guess I should expect you to get to my room after you work your way through Kitty, Risty, and Anna Marie?”

Now Gwen is flirting with him. Very clearly flirting with him in fact. But Thaddeus can’t help correcting her ‘logic’, chuckling as his tone takes on a slightly flirtatious quality of its own.

“By that logic I would need to backtrack and collect Felicia Hardy before going any further… and she won’t give me the time of day. Also by that logic… I wouldn’t be here with you now on this rooftop, Gwen.”

Biting her lower lip, the cute superpowered blonde abruptly chooses to close the distance between them, taking quick steps forward until she’s right in front of him. Then, she places a hand on his chest, feeling him up. Thaddeus raises an eyebrow at the bold move but lets her do so, even as she worries her lip between her teeth for a few moments, chewing on it.

“Yeah? You hoping to fuck me for some boosts? Is that it, Thaddeus?”

Damn she was horny. But then, he’d pegged her as a horny chick back on day one. He’d also pegged her as superpowered, but he never could have guessed that she was an actual super heroine. That said… he felt like he had to be more honest with her if this was actually going to happen.

“I won’t lie to you Gwen… I was certainly angling for it. But there’s something else you should know about my mutation.”

Gwen blinks at that and gives him a curious look.

“What? Do you mind control the girls you get with or something? Do your pheromones addict us to your presence? Because that might explain why I feel so drawn to you.”

Wait, what? Thaddeus shakes his head incredulously.

“No! I mean… god I hope not! But no, I’m pretty sure that can’t be it… if it was, I would have a lot of very addicted, very obsessed fangirls from back in my home town calling or maybe even following me to New York.”

He’d had sex multiple times with almost every girl worth fucking back in the small town where he’d been born. And while they’d all loved coming back for more, none had seemed addicted to it, thankfully. And none had come after him yet here either, so he didn’t think he’d mind controlled anyone. That said…

“However, that’s not to say my mutation won’t make you want to fuck me more. Because… I don’t just get boosts from enhanced women. I get lesser versions of their abilities… and THEY get boosts to their powers too. Presumably permanent. So basically, the more we fuck, the more I’ll get your… everything and the stronger you’ll become in turn.”

The more he’d talked, the stiller Gwen had become. Her eyes are wide as saucers as she looks up at him and her mouth is wide open.

“That’s… a little bit more than sex powers, Thaddeus. A lot more, actually.”

Raising an eyebrow, Thaddeus shrugs.

“Which is why I told you before anything could happen, seeing as it’s clear you want to jump my ‘super studly’ body right here, right now.”

Gwen blushes and pulls her hand back, as if just realizing how fast and hard she was coming onto him there. The blonde superheroine looks off to the side, out at all of the lights that are coming on as night falls.

“… Yeah. I appreciate the full disclosure.”

Well, it’s not technically full disclosure. There’s still a lot that Thaddeus isn’t telling Gwen. But to be fair, he’s sure there’s plenty she’s not telling him as well. Like, obviously he’s already deduced that she’s Spider-Woman, but he’s sure she has plenty of other secrets she’s keeping. And that’s perfectly okay. They both barely know each other. It would be unreasonable to demand their whole life stories of one another right here and right now.

Letting out a sigh, Gwen throws him a rueful grin and yet another look up and down his figure.

“Mm… I really shouldn’t. Not because of the details… so long as there’s plenty of give and take, I don’t mind if you get stronger off of me. Sounds like I’d get stronger too. But… I should be out there. Patrolling. You’re right, I wasn’t just going for a run.”

Thaddeus inclines his head at the tacit admission of her secret identity.

“Someone waiting for you then? Don’t let me keep you.”

Sure, he could push for her to take the night off and fuck him instead of protecting the city, but Thaddeus wasn’t inclined to do that. He could tell already that Gwen wanted him, so really it was only a matter of time. Better to wait for a moment when she was free then try and force the issue here and now and have her resent him. No, she could go do her heroing and they would reconnect later and-

“Ah to hell with it.”

Thaddeus’ eyes widen as Gwen suddenly lunges forward and wraps her arms around his neck, going up on her tip toes in order to slam her lips into his lips. His hands immediately go to her hips to anchor her in place, even as they begin to kiss quite heatedly. There’s nothing chaste about it either, their tongues are immediately in play with Gwen getting pretty wild right off the bat and Thaddeus having to do everything in his power to keep up.

When they finally pull apart for air, there’s a strand of saliva connecting their tongues to showcase just how intense it got, even as Gwen stares at Thaddeus with lidded eyes.

“Nah. Nobody waiting for me except the scum of this city. And I’ll be honest… I’d much rather take the night off and spend it with you then with them, Mister Cummings.”

Thaddeus winces at that. How had she…? Gwen laughs at the look on his face.

“What? Didn’t think I’d look into you at all after our first meeting? Consider that payback for calling me Gwendolyn earlier. Now… fuck me already, you sexy fucking bastard.”

Well, if Thaddeus was waiting for a clear signal, that was about as clear as it fucking got, wasn’t it? That said… did he really want to fuck her up here on this rooftop? Or would it be better to try and get them back to his dorm room? Or perhaps a nearby hotel instead, to let the rest of the dorm have a ‘night off’ from the noise?

He needed to decide soon. Gwen was looking particularly ravenous and giving off the impression that she would decide for him if he didn’t get a move on.

-x-X-x-
 
The Patreon Vote:
 
[ ] Fuck Gwen on the roof, right then and there - 26%
[ ] Be a little classy, get a hotel room and fuck Gwen on an actual bed - 15%

[X] Continue giving the other girls in the dorm a show and fuck Gwen back there - 58%

-x-X-x-
 

If you'd like to read more of my work not seen on this website, check out Hentai-Foundry.com and QuestionableQuesting.com where I have over a thousand stories!

If you'd like to contribute to funding my writing at all, check me out on Patreon.com/Cambrian

Thanks for reading!

89