The Underground
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:

"" = Speech

<> = Other actions

<(B)> = Techniques

______________________________________________________________________

As soon as I entered the dingy, chilly cave, I switched off my <Demon Mode>, my innate energy running low and not wanting to faint for hours. After tracking the blood trail it disappeared, I then stumbled upon a wide chamber emerged with six pathways, each one having some symbols inscribed on it. Focusing on using a trick I had learned from Yukito, I sent out a dull energy wave in all directions until two tunnels were left without bouncing off of any wall producing a sound. Following my instincts, I ran towards the nearest one out of the two correct passages with Darius's wooden sword at the ready for what might lay ahead.

Suddenly, a loud <whiiiuuh> startled me and arrows flew through the air at breakneck speed. Reacting quickly, I used the hilt of my wooden sword to protect myself. Then a deep thumping sound echoed as logs came hurling towards me. My senses heightened as multiple sharp logs raced close by me in an instant. Dodging out of their way and enduring only minor scratches, my gaze fell upon an incoming wall of razor-sharp logs. With adrenaline coursing through me, I jumped over a small gap in it them just as one had almost brushed against my nose. Upon landing on the other side unscathed, I inhaled deeply and scolded myself for letting emotions take control of me and almost endangering my life.

Running through the dark tunnel, I saw a light at the end. I rushed to it, and as I approached, I noticed a torch next to a stone door. When I opened the door, I entered an utterly black chamber. Walking a few steps into the unknown darkness; my senses screamed in warning, and luckily, I managed to avoid getting hit by a silver glint that had seemingly materialized out of nowhere. The moment I dodged it, torches lit up around the room, revealing 10 people wearing grey garments.

"So you're the one the young master was running from," uttered a gruff voice from the front of the group.

I shouted angrily,"Where did he go? TELL ME NOW OR ELSE!"

The same voice mockingly replied,"Oh? Or else what?"

My emotions got the best of me, and with a roar, I ran toward them with my wooden sword in hand; <Brtch> it shattered to pieces after clashing with their blades.

"Hey, hey! How are you gonna fight now eh?!" mocked this gruff-voiced figure.

Understanding that using more energy would be fatal for me, I used a small fraction of it on my feet to kick them instead - some blocked with their swords while others fled from my attack. One of them didn't expect me to gain enough momentum that I could destroy their innate energy defense, thus the man was left stunned as I kicked his head, killing him. So; after that, I snatched his decent katana, even though it wasn't ideal for me - it was enough for now.

The harsh voice abruptly yelled, "Hurry! Kill him!"

Eight people dressed in grey clothing surrounded me, their natural energy swirling around them. Knowing that I only had 5% of my strength left, I decided to rely on my swordsmanship alone. Dashing forward, I used the <(Sword Dance 2nd Form, Counter Crescent)> to deflect the closest attacker's blows without using innate energy. I was able to duck and slash at their kneecaps with the utmost precision and speed.

As soon as the first attacker fell to their knees, I threatened the rest, saying, "If you tell me where he is, I won't kill all of you."

"HA HA!" one of them sneered. "You're low on your natural energy and outnumbered. You don't stand a chance!"

"Very well," I replied firmly. "But don't think about begging for mercy."

Their cocky expressions made me sick to my stomach. After executing the fallen attacker, I moved on to the next nearest enemy. They tried to empower their blade with natural energy to increase its speed, but it didn't work out; judging by the look of shock in their eyes right before their head rolled away. Then, out of the corner of my eye I noticed two more running at me with their swords raised.

When they were both close enough they shouted in unison, "<(Blade 2nd Form, Charging Cleaver)>".

The energy around the blades of my attackers had changed them into huge copper kopesh. I blocked and then disarmed one of them, then quickly decapitated the other. My ears then notified me that a katana was flying through the air straight at me, as it came close I grabbed the dead attackers around me by the hair and used their body's to protect myself from the piercing sword. My eyes met with the gaze of the gray-clothed person who had thrown it—they were with the other three remaining, the leader on the other hand was standing off to the side, watching calmly.

I activated four percent of my remaining energy in hopes that I could get to Darius before something bad could happen. With a burst of speed, I flew towards them, my bloody sword pointed forward. The sound of metal entering flesh echoed in the room as I stabbed one of them. I dashed towards the other three terrified faces, raising my blade too quickly for them to protect themselves; they all died swiftly beneath my katana.

"So this is what you're capable of?" said the leader with a smile. "No wonder young master had some trouble with you. Even if he and his brother are pupils of the second in command, Isambard, you'd give him a run for his money."

He grinned menacingly, "Now it is time for your journey to death."

"Yeah? As if," I spat back defiantly.

I found myself mid-blink, and then the man before me was gone. A chill settled in at the base of my neck. My opponent's movements were both quick and accurate; as he fought, his energy seemed to meld with his katana, and he began to fight more ferociously. As I parried some attacks and avoided most of them, only receiving one small scratch, it became clear that the man was tiring out. However it seemed that his energy had expanded his body exponentially by this point as he had begun to grow in size. After so, I realized that about 23% of my innate energy had been restored during our battle.

So, knowing what I had to do, I uttered the words "<(Sword Demon Dance 6th Form: Lunar Beam)>".

My sword glowed a light violet before it shot out a laser beam that pierced through the head guard's chest. He looked shocked for a few moments before falling to the cold ground with a <thump>. Out of breath and exhausted from pushing my limits, I prayed Darius was still alive and unharmed.

I searched for any usable uniforms amongst the other corpses scattered around the room and came across one least damaged garb. After donning it, I grabbed one of their iron mask to complete my disguise.

Then I cautiously opened the door leading out of the chamber, taking notice of all the noises coming from beyond.

0