A Chance?
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:

"" = Speech

<(B)> = Techniques

_______________________________________________

As the pressure surged from above on the path, it made me feel nauseous, tempting me to collapse and purge my stomach. Yet with each step I took up that sloping dirt trail, a growing sense of self-assurance compelled me forward.

"I have become stronger," I whispered under my breath, acknowledging newfound skills and heightened physical prowess.

The time for fear was long gone—I had transformed into someone who wouldn't be easily intimidated anymore

After preparing my tank of innate energy to its maximum capacity, I surrounded my body with it and activated <Demon Mode>. However, something unexpected and new occurred during the transformation. A dark purple fog filled the air around me. Emerging from this misty haze, I observed a significant change in my appearance - my tattered and battle torn purple and black samurai robe transformed into a sleek black robe adorned with a katana at its right side. Perplexed by this new effect of my transformation, I dismissed it as an anomaly possibly triggered by both my strong willpower and being within the depths of my mindscape. Everything else seemed to be going according to plan as a violet mist emitted from every pore on my body. With caution, I drew out my black blade embellished with touches of purple stable energy engulfing it. Readying myself I finally reached the summit.

"Ah," spoke the perfect replica of myself, seated on the ground with an air of tranquility. "Took you quite some time to find your way up here."

I responded, "And?!" as I readied myself in a defensive position.

He then laughed "I was just saying"

His unnatural eyes then scanned my form as his mouth became a lopsided smirk.

"Oh! I understand now!" he exclaimed with joyfully. "So, you must have been really enjoying the gift that I gave you?"

I inquired while clenching my teeth, something about his know-it all voice pissing me off I replied, "I'm not sure as to what you're talking about."

"Oh, but I'm confident that you do," he said with a grin. "Your supposed <Demon Form>.

I was taken aback, my eyes growing wider in surprise.

"I did give it to you for a specific purpose, my host. It was all about having some amusement," he whispered eerily. "If I managed to bring you up to my level, I could potentially have an enthralling experience while trapped in you."

With a furious scowl, I narrowed my eyes and brandished my sword in a swift motion. "<(Sword Demon Dance 3rd Form, Quarter Continuous Cuts)>"

With an empowering surge of energy, the attack tore through the earthy terrain and rustled the foliage nearby. As it approached its target - a demonic duplicate- astonishingly, this copy appeared unaffected. It skillfully obstructed the tangible slashes in mid-air with his hands and effortlessly evaded all other strikes using a protective layer of that very same innate energy enveloping him.

Mocking, he sneered, "Not bad, not bad. You've made considerable improvements; you're almost on par with your father."

In an instant, a surge of unbridled fury merged with my repressed anger and sorrow erupted from within me. My tightly bound hair came loose as my eyes transformed into intense beacons of concentrated loathing. This discovery felt distinct from the previous <Demon Form>, appearing more primal and authentic in nature. I termed it <Demonic Eclipse>, symbolizing its raw power while further intensifying my mysterious bond with the moon.

The demon clone's arrogant voice could be heard uttering, "Ah, so you're still plagued by sorrow from lacking parents? Or a genuine guide to navigate life? Perhaps the absence of true happiness and parental figures in your existence?"

I growled, "How could this possibly concern you?"

"I can't help but be amused at how deeply you long for the two people whom you don't even know," he sneered, saturating himself with an aura of innate energy.

After exchanging words, we launched into a fierce battle, engaging in close combat with our swords. Breaking away from the clash, he attempted an overhead swing which I narrowly dodged by ducking down. Quickly countering his attack with my own swift overhead swing aimed at his body, it was parried and halted midway. Undeterred, I pressed forward aggressively with a flurry of diagonal swings that forced him to retreat slightly. Realizing this tactic wasn't effective enough against him, I took a risk and threw my innate energy filled sword at him from short range while simultaneously executing a well-timed <(Sword Dance 1st Form, Crescent Dash)>. The combination of surprise attacks landed multiple hits on the demon copy who had to evade airborne blades flying towards them. After delivering the finishing blows of this deadly combo assault, I seized hold of my opponent preparing for an explosive punch aimed directly at their head – but before striking could take place he cunningly anticipated its trajectory swiftly evading out oft he way whilst taking advantage of opening I'd accidentally exposed when I put my all into that one punch.

As I was tossed into the air, his fist hit me with such force that my ribs ached with only a few cracking under such strength. As soon as I landed on the ground, blood filled my mouth and it dawned on me of our  physical state. The demon clone displayed numerous cuts all over its body while I sported bruises and deep wounds. Evaluating the situation, I made a desperate dash towards my sword, preparing to activate another formidable sword form. This choice arose from realizing that although I had become strong enough to rival previous demon clones, this one possessed slightly more power yet held back throughout our battle. Armed with this knowledge at hand, determination surged through every fiber of my being as l searched within for any remaining traces of innate energy left in order to launch one final attack

With my innate energy prepared I let out a bellow, releasing all the anger and frustration I felt in that moment. "(Lunar Demonic Dance 8th form, Atmospheric Laceration)" echoed my seemingly all powerful voice through the air as I unleashed my powerful attack.

As I finished activating my form we both together we towards one another, he wielding his mighty energy gauntlets and me brandishing my uncannily radiant sword. The resounding clash of metal reverberated across the empty peaks as I executed my groundbreaking prototype maneuver against a hauntingly identical demon replica. Abruptly, amid our fierce duel, my form vanished into thin air while the doppelgänger crumbled to the earth gasping for breath as if clutching its throat in agony. Even as a prototype move it was still quite powerful.

Walking up to the chocking copycat I muttered, "What do you think about that?"

Despite my mocking question, my words were ignored as the demon clone continued to clutch his throat, struggling for breath. "How does it feel?" I asked with sarcasm laced in my speech

After a while of making fun of my demon replica he appeared to lose consciousness. Being careful I approached it with my unsheathed sword and my form still activated. The arduous battle left me feeling exhausted, but I swiftly sliced through the remains of the duplicate with ease. Following this intense encounter, I assumed a meditative stance and shut my eyes for ten minutes. Within that time frame, a vivid and hazy light emerged from behind my closed eyelids.

. . .

A voice, somewhat familiar, called out "Hikaru!"

My words came out in a mumbled state of extreme fatigue as I questioned, "Huh? What is happening?"

0