CH. 8 – Magicals Arrived
487 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WARNING: Implied death by consumption in the 5th paragraph.

~ oOo ~

The Obscurus settled after tearing Piers apart. He asked Harry, "Did you have fun?"

'Yes! Thank you! I didn't know bully hunting was this fun!' Harry chirped, 'I only get to search for one though…' he pouted.

The Obscurus chuckled. Harry and he shared the same body and abilities, but they were able to suppress each other. Harry had suppressed him into Harry's body, and he could suppress Harry from using an obscurus' abilities.

He gave Harry a taste of an obscurus on the second boy—Gordon, was it?—but Harry… well… Harry merged his threads to look like a frinkin' floppy-eared puppy. A puppy! What's so scary about a puppy? Admittedly a lot, with the puppy's "shadows" for a body, fiery green eyes, and rows of teeth.

The Obscurus took over when Harry had the boy under his cute little paws. He spewed tentacles from the puppy's mouth and dragged the terrified boy—who grabbed the earth like it was the boy's lifeline—into his mouth. He found out when he ate the first boy that the process was faster when he consumed them rather than when he siphoned the soul out of them. Then he turned back into the huge four-legged monster and hunted the other two bullies.

"Bombarda!" The Obscurus heard someone shout. An explosion greeted his face when he saw who had cast the spell. The magicals arrived. Upon seeing the colored soul of the magical, it was confirmed that his soul/magicals vision was correct. He jumped at the spellcaster.

A witch apparated beside the wizard and chanted, "Flipendo!"

The duo pushed the obscurus away. He flew away from the duo, but that was for nothing as another duo apparated and cast an offensive spell. This continued until he was in the center of Privet Drive. The five teams of duo magicals split their task between erecting a barrier to keep the obscurus in Privet drive and preventing the obscurus from escaping the barrier while the barrier was erected.

Those magicals kept him inside! He expanded and swirled like storm clouds. Debris and a handful of still-standing houses splintered. He expanded until his wisps and strands touched the barrier. He wanted to see the strength of the barrier, so his strands glued themselves onto any debris they touched and swirled the debris at the barrier. Not much, as the barrier cracked. The magicals that kept him from leaving the barrier supported their barrier-raising friends from the outside, leaving none on the inside.

The Obscurus converged in the center of the barrier and blasted off into the night sky from the unclosed billboard-sized gap in the top of the barrier. Those magicals weren't finished raising the shield due to lack of manpower. The magicals stopped raising the barrier, as the obscurus escaped. They focused on apparating along the obscurus' path and bombarded the obscurus with spells. The obscurus flew too high for the spells to hit accurately. They stopped apparating and casting spells once the obscurus flew above the English Channel.

Despite not knowing which sea the Obscurus flew above, he hoped he was flying in the right direction to reach Britain's nearest neighbor. Be it France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Norway, or Spain. They could reach Iceland, Greenland, or even America if he was unlucky.

Harry nodded into a slumber in the back of their minds. On the other hand, sleep wasn't something he could feel in his obscurus form or inside Harry's mind. He had the same vigor as when he woke up as an obscurial. If he borrowed Harry's body, could he sleep? He kept traveling to any land other than Britain.

Edited on July 9th, 2023.

18