CH. 13 – Account Manager
341 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the piece of paper was processing Harry's ancestor, the goblin spoke in their language and a folder popped on the tray. The goblin grabbed the folder with a label in the goblin's language and shifted the paperwork inside of it. Afterward, he put it back on the tray and spoke, "The Potter family has an account manager in Britain. Do you wish to floo call him or meet him directly?"

The obscurus doesn't want to keep the woman who had helped him from waiting, but he does need to grasp the full state of Potter's account. He'd need to call the account manager first and request an appointment on a later date to go over the finer details. "Floo call," answered the obscurus. The most important topic right now was to get the Wizarding French version of Galleons and a place to live if he didn't want to impose on the woman any more than he already had.

The goblin took a piece of paper and a quill, he dipped the quill into the ink well, then he wrote… in goblin. Ugh. After the paper was written, the goblin took it in between his pointer and middle finger and put his arm away to the side. Then he said something in goblin speak and with that, the paper on the goblin's hand disappeared with a pop. The obscurus raised an eyebrow and wondered how the goblin did that. Apparition for objects? Weren't those only for huma—creatures on themselves? The goblin saw the obscurus's bafflement and smirked. God does the obscurus want to erase that irritating smirk, but he couldn't, not without any financial ruin on his side.

The polished stone wall behind the obscurus cluttered, clucked, and flowed to form a fireplace with its mouth the size of a human. The fireplace set itself ablaze of green flame where it exhibits a flickering construct of a goblin. The floo construct spoke, "Heir Potter, I am Sabart, the account manager of the Potter Family. I've been trying to reach you with owls for the Potter Family's monthly statements, yet they come back bearing the same mail. I am surprised that the first time someone contacted me about your whereabouts was Nargok from the French branch of Gringott and not from your supposed guardian. In addition to your contact issues, I have worrisome matters that have to be addressed directly. Do you have the time, Heir Potter?"

Well, the obscurus got someone—No, he doesn't count the teen—waiting outside, but what the account manager said was concerning. Surely that woman wouldn't mind if she waited a bit longer; the teen, however, would. Meh, he doesn't care about some moody teen. "I have the time."

"Wait for a minute, please," said Sabart. With the green floo flame quenched, the fireplace collapsed into the wall like it was never there to begin with. Hmm, an adaptable room, like the room of requirement, although astounding, would probably be a pain in the arse to create.

The obscurus turned to the inheritance test and saw that it had finished finding his ancestors, at least he thinks so, as the paper had stopped drawing any more lines and names. Let's see… Harry's parents, grandparents, —he scrolled up the paper and skipped several generations—Ignotus Peverell, —he continued to scroll to the top—and the last recorded one was… Duarte Peverell. He could see a faded line going above Duarte. There was more, but either it ran out of magic or something had prevented it from going further.

The obscurus scrolled all the way to the left, to his maternal side of ancestry… family name of Reyes? Hadn't heard that family name before, he needed to know more about them. Had they gone extinct, or were they still alive? Who was the last to bear the Reyes surname on his ancestry? He scrolled down to the last Reyes, Imelda Reyes. She had married… was her son a squib and kicked out because of it then?

Besides those two families, there were some more, but they didn't have any lines extending above their names, which was… weird. They must've had an ancestry, but it doesn't show, like a dead end instead of a fog obscuring the way. They weren't the only odd ones. The father of Harry's maternal grandmother didn't show up, nor was his ancestry. Now that he go over the result in detail, some don't have their wives or husbands. Well, rather than getting confused, just ask whoever made the inheritance test, the goblins.

The goblin, Nargok, answers, "Muggles don't show up."

"What about the dead end after Peverell and Reyes family?"

"As requested by the European Coalition of Wizards," drawled Nargok, "No creature nor muggles shall show up on any inheritance test."

Ugh. The obscurus sank his head into the palm of his hands. Does creature bigotry exist everywhere in this world, or just in Europe? Damn them. That means that magic either just… popped up from muggles or magical creatures if interspecies breeding between a human and creature could even expect a child… No, cross that. Hagrid and Flitwick were half-breeds, so it was possible. He needs a history book or a dozen.

The inheritance test only shows Harry's ancestry… where was the complete summary of the houses and family Harry inherited and Harry's current and past afflictions? Oh, wait. The summary of Harry's inheritance was on the back of the paper… who put that there?

The obscurus read Harry's inheritance. Two families… He couldn't work with inheritance from only two families! What about Gryffindor or Slytherin from "slaying" Moldy or a dozen other inheritance gifted from extinct houses? Those fanfictions lied! Nargok's explanation of why Peverell wasn't on the paper was because some brood from Cadmus Peverell was still kicking.

A goblin opened the door and got into the room they were in. Then they spoke in their language. Nargok nodded to the new goblin, hopped off his chair, and exited the room while the new goblin seated himself in the chair.

"May the gold in your vault overflow, Heir Potter. I'm Sabart, the one who had floo called you."

The obscurus opened his mouth but paused before he could say a greeting. That's a goblin greeting… What was he supposed to answer the goblin with? Drawn in riches? Enemies's death? Or the same as what Potter's account manager had said? Let's try not to offend a goblin on their first visit. "May your vault overflow, Account Manager Sabart."

Sabart raised an eyebrow but didn't look offended. "As I've said over the floo, I am here to discuss several pressing issues concerning your vaults."

No, Ragnok is not Potter's account manager (in this fic)… who the f has a head goblin as their account manager? They already have a full platter of responsibilities on their own.

6