Chapter 5
353 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?!!"

Inside Nuoding Academy's library there was a Qiu'er who exclaimed in surprise as she was sitting at the table with some books.

"Shhhiii!! Young lady, don't make any noise in the library." The librarian asked her not to make too much noise inside the library.

Qiu'er didn't speak but nothing. In fact she didn't even care about the librarian, she was more worried about something else.

"Qiu'er what happened?" Bi Ji who was beside her asked worriedly as it is not normal for Qiu'er to be nervous like this. Bi Ji was hidden and invisible to everyone.

"Bi Ji, It's an emergency! Feng Lie's presence instantly moved far away without me noticing." Qiu'er spoke quietly so that only Bi Ji could hear. There was a lot of concern and urgency in her voice.

"How?! But how did this happen? Qiu'er can you feel where Feng Lie is now?" Bi Ji asked worriedly but she still remained calm.

"I don't know how he did it but I'm still able to feel his presence. He's at least a day away from us." Qiu'er spoke to Bi Ji.

"In that case let's go outside, I'll carry you on my back and I'll follow Feng Lie with all my speed. I don't belong in the agility system but anyway I can cover a great distance in a few hours." Bi Ji spoke to Qiu'er.

"Alright then let's go." Qiu'er replied.

After that Qiu'er and Bi Ji left Nuoding Academy. Bi Ji carried Qiu'er on his back and she rushed towards Feng Lie at high speed. They still left discreetly so as not to attract unnecessary attention.

******

"So this is a Spirit Beast forest? At a glance it just looks like a normal forest with very tall trees."

Feng Lie had just come out of a cave and watched where he was. He was in the middle of a Spirit Beast forest that was not far from Nuoding Academy. It would take a day's carriage ride from there to here.

Inside the cave Feng Lie came out of, there was a teleportation magic circle drawn on the ground. This magic circle was drawn by Illya who sent one of her bodies to this forest. The cave was being covered by a Bounded Field that served to keep people and animals away from here.

The Bounded Field was strong enough to affect even Nuoding City Lord's subconscious, being that he is a Spirit King, so at least Feng Lie is not worried that anyone from this region would come near the cave because in this isolated region the level people's general strength is very low.

"Oh?! A bunny? So this bunny is also a Spirit Beast?"

Feng Lie spotted a white bunny 20 meters away, this bunny was quietly eating a blue grass. The little rabbit didn't notice the Feng Lie.

Looking from afar, Feng Lie did not find this little rabbit any different from an Earth rabbit.

Feng Lie raised his right hand towards the rabbit and its eyes flashed red.

"!!??"

Suddenly the little white rabbit was floating above the ground. The little bunny was surprised and scared by this and he was frantically squirming to try to free himself from whatever was making him float.

The rabbit then ended up in Feng Lie's hands. The little white rabbit tried to break free from Feng Lie's hands.

"Stay calm."

Feng Lie used the power of the Herrscher of Sentience to make the little white rabbit calm down.

"This little bunny's fur is so fluffy and soft. It's the first time I've held a little bunny in my arms." Feng Lie started to pet the little white rabbit. He had an excited expression as even in his previous life he had never petted a rabbit. He was quickly overcome by the rabbit's cuteness.

"For a spirit ring to appear, it is necessary to kill the spirit beast, and only the person who dealt the deathblow can absorb the spirit ring."

That was some of the information he got from Su Yuntao.

Looking at the bunny in his arms, Feng Lie didn't feel like killing the bunny.

"Seriously, what's wrong with this world? Spirit Masters can't advance from certain levels without having a spirit ring, these spirit rings are almost like ascension item to allow a character to rise to the next level. Cultivation in this world is well different from those xianxia mahuas I read in my past life."

Feng Lie complained about how strange this world's cultivation was.

*Sigh* "I'm not an advocate of animal rights but I don't feel like going into a forest to kill a beast just to move to the next level..." Feng Lie commented as he continued to stroke the white bunny.

"Spirit Rings, huh? And I wonder if Heaven's Fell would have any effect on those Spirit Rings?"

Feng Lie suddenly had a curious idea. And so he decided to try using the Third Magic he has.

The Third Magic, Heaven's Fell. This is one of the True Magics of the Type-Moon universe. Heaven's Fell is and a Magic that allows the materialization of the soul to achieve true immortality. In short, it is a magic that can interfere with the soul and spiritual things in an extraordinary way.

Feng Lie realized that Heaven's Fell has extraordinary potential for several things other than granting immortality and limitless Magic Energy. But Feng Lie will think about it in the future, as today he will focus on this little white rabbit.

When Feng Lie used Heaven's Fell it closed and he was able to feel and observe the rabbit's soul and he was a bit surprised by what he saw there.

There was a small white Ring connected with the rabbit's soul. After carefully observing Feng Lie, he noticed something strange about this spirit ring. He couldn't explain what it was exactly but he felt that this ring was not something natural to this Spirit Beast, he couldn't say what exactly.

The rabbit's soul and Spirit Ring are connected, which means that it's not impossible that a part or even the entire soul of the rabbit could remain within the spirit ring. But Feng Lie doesn't have any information about it at the moment.

After a few minutes of inspecting the spirit ring, Feng Lie opened his eyes. With a confident smile he raised his right hand and then he decided to use the powers of the Herrscher of Reason.

The Herrscher of Reason has the power to instantly construct anything he wants with Honkai energy as long as he understands its structure.

And then on Feng Lie's right hand was a small white Spirit Ring floating around.

This spirit ring was a replica of the little white rabbit's spirit ring. Feng Lie was only able to create this ring because he was able to understand the structure of the spirit ring thanks to Heaven's Fell.

"With this, I won't have to worry about killing Spirit Beasts to get Spirit Rings." Feng Lie had a satisfied smile on his face.

As for the white rabbit Spiritual Ring replica, Feng Lie did not absorb it. Some of the information that Su Yuntao told Feng Lie was that age and spirit beast type were very important for martial spirit.

"Well, the information of the White Bunny Spirit Ring is already registered in my Herrscher Core so if I want I can create dozens or even hundreds of white rings, if I wish I can even manage to increase the age of the spirit ring.

"Well, I guess it won't be bad if I add the information about other Spirit Beasts' spirit rings."

Feng Lie then placed the small white rabbit near the blue grass he had been eating earlier. The little white rabbit was released from the Feng Lie hypnosis and looked at him very cautiously as he took small steps backwards.

"Now then it's time to go after some Pokemon."

For the next hour Feng Lie wandered through the forest and he encountered several Spirit Beasts. Wolf, fox, bird, snake, there were even plants that were Spirit Beasts. Feng Lie easily analyzed and recorded those beasts' Spiritual Rings. Of course, by doing this for more than a full hour, Feng Lie had expended half of his Magic and Honkai energy.

So Feng Lie decided that this was it for today and that he would return to Nuoding Academy. He will continue to venture into the forest for the next few days.

Today, the Feng Lie only covered the outside of this small Spirit Beast forest. In the coming days he will explore deeper into the forest to find stronger Spirit Beasts, as so far he only has white spirit rings.

Then Feng Lie entered the teleportation magic circle and he returned to Nuoding Academy.

********

"ssghnn... ssghnn... ssghnn... Qiu'er... Where is Feng Lie?"

Bi Ji asked breathlessly, she was exhausted after carrying Qiu'er into this forest. She was as fast as she could run and thanks to that they managed to reach this small forest of Spirit Beasts in just one hour.

"Bi Ji..."

Qiu'er had a nervous and hesitant expression as she spoke.

"What is it, Qiu'er?" Bi Ji asked, she caught some of her breath.

"Bi Ji, Feng Lie is no longer in this forest. Until a few seconds ago I could feel his presence in the forest but now his position has suddenly changed like before. Now I feel that he is in the same direction and distance from where we came from ." Qiu'er spoke.

"So that means..." Bi Ji wasn't even able to get the words out. She was already too tired. She had an incredulous expression.

"Yes. He's probably already returned to Nuoding Academy." Qiu'er spoke in an apologetic tone to Bi Ji.

12