Chapter 6
313 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 1 month since Feng Lie first joined Nuoding Academy. Classes at Nuoding Academy are very short in duration, students study at the school for just one hour and the rest of the day is devoted to cultivating Spirit Power. What the teachers teach there is not much, they just teach the students the basics, such as absorbing and compressing the spirit energy that exists in heaven and earth using a cultivation technique that the teachers at the academy taught. This cultivation technique is a very generalized and common thing that all civil Spirit Masters can learn. Nuoding Academy also teaches students writing and basic math.

"So this is the Grandmaster's room?"

Feng Lie was now standing in front of the door of a Nuoding Academy guest room. This man appears to be a researcher and scholar on spirit beasts and Spirit Masters. He is considered a master of theories and is commonly referred to as the Grandmaster.

A very ironic nickname about him.

*TOC* *TOC*

Feng Lie knocked on the door and waited by standing there. After a few seconds the door opened and a man in his late fifties appeared. He has short black hair and a short trimmed beard, he has two sleepy black eyes. This man's name is Yu Xiaogang

The man looked down and noticed Feng Lie.

"Little boy, what brings you here?" The man asked with a bit of caution and surprise. After all, he doesn't usually receive visits from anyone from the academy.

"I just came to get knowledge." Feng Lie spoke in a casual tone with a calm face.

Before Yu Xiaogang could say anything, he got a blank stare and fell into Feng Lie hypnosis.

Feng Lie used the power of the Herrscher of Sentience to control Yu Xiaogang's mind.

"Well then, it's time to do your homework." Feng Lie spoke with curiosity on his face.

When Feng Lie heard from the other students that Yu Xiaogang is a theoretical researcher on Martial Spirit and that he had a lot of knowledge about Spirit Masters and Spirit Rings, at that time Feng Lie decided to copy the knowledge that was within Yu Xiaogang's memories.

Although 10 seconds passed in the real world, 20 minutes passed inside Feng Lie's mind.

*Sigh*

Feng Lie placed his right hand on his forehead and let out a small sigh. He just copied all of Yu Xiaogang's knowledge. Of course, consequently he also saw Yu Xiaogang's life memories. And his life experience was pretty unpleasant.

"Hmph, Grandmaster of Theories? What a joke, you are nothing but a mere plagiarist who copied and pasted the knowledge from the Spirit Hall library and proclaimed it as his own thesis." Feng Lie spoke with disgust and a bit of disappointment.

He saw Yu Xiaogang's entire life, although Feng Lie felt a little sorry for him because of the difficulties Yu Xiaogang had to go through because of his low talent as a Spirit Master, he was still disgusted by some attitudes he had throughout of your life.

Feng Lie didn't care about the plagiarism issue he had against Spirit Hall. But when it comes to romance...

"About what happened to Bibi Dong you were too weak, there was nothing you could do back then. But what you did to that stupid woman was pretty nasty, you hypocritical bastard."

"As she was your cousin you couldn't love her as your wife and that's why you ran away, but when you ran away and abandoned her you didn't even put an end to your relationship and still married on paper. That idiot woman still must be waiting for you completely faithful to you. If you really loved her then you would have completely ended the relationship between you and would have left her free to find another love, like Flender for example, he really cares a lot about her she."

"You don't want to be around her because of her inferiority complex, but you also don't want her to be free to love another man, you really are a selfish bastard."

Feng Lie spoke whatever he thought of. He really felt disliked because of Yu Xiaogang's actions. But ultimately Feng Lie did nothing to harm Yu Xiaogang.

Feng Lie is not such an unreasonable person to cause trouble for someone else just because he doesn't like a person. After all, although Feng doesn't like Yu Xiaogang, he hasn't been harmed by Yu Xiaogang, so he won't make life difficult for this self-righteous plagiarist. He doesn't need to since his life is already pretty shitty.

"Originally I planned to use my Herrscher of Death powers to enhance your body and thus improve your talent as a Spirit Master, but you don't even deserve that, you ungrateful bastard."

"You took all this knowledge from Spirit Hall but you didn't give it back at all, so I think it won't be wrong if I do the same thing to you. Though you won't even remember what happened here. But that doesn't matter. ."

Feng Lie no longer cared about Yu Xiaogang and he left.

A few seconds after Feng Lie left...

"Huh? But what happened? Why am I here at the door?"

Yu Xiaogang woke up from Feng's hypnosis and asked in confusion. For he remembered reading some documents.

[SCENE CHANGE]

"ROOOAAAR!!"

Feng Lie was now inside the Spirit Beast Forest. He was staring at a large black panther that was emitting some purple sparks from its body.

"Interesting, a Purple Lightning Panther with an 1100 year cultivation, this is the first time I've encountered an Millennial Beast ." Feng Lie had an awed expression as he watched this panther.

For the past month, Feng Lie had visited this Spirit Beast Forest every day through the teleportation magic circle. He had already registered spirit rings from dozens of species of Spirit Beasts, and today he decided to go to the center of this forest.

Coincidentally, he bumped into this Purple Lightning Panther who is actually the only Spirit Beast that has surpassed 1000 years of cultivation. He is the king of this forest.

"I wonder what a purple spirit ring will look like." Feng Lie extended his right hand towards Panther.

"ROOOAAAR!"

The Purple Lightning Panther wasted no time and charged towards Feng Lie in full force. The panther's speed was quite impressive and several purple Lightnings emitted from its black fur.

The Panther raised its paw and bared its sharp claws towards Feng Lie and pointed directly at his neck. But when the claws reached just over four inches from the neck, the claws couldn't go any further. It was as if there was an invisible wall between Feng Lie and the Panther.

"As expected from the king of this forest, you are completely different from other Spirit Beasts. But right now I want you to sleep." Feng Lie spoke with an expression that showed interest. He soon activated the Herrscher of Sentience's powers and tried to put the Panther to sleep.

"ROOOAAAR..."

The Panther resisted Feng Lie's mental attack and snarled at him.

"Interesting, so that potency wasn't enough for you? So how about now?"

Feng Lie increase the mind control potency of his Herrscher of Sentience powers, several dark red feathers appeared on the spot.

The Purple Lightning Panther has already fallen under Feng Lie's mind control.

Feng Lie then placed his right hand on the Panther and he began to replicate the spirit ring. After it was all over, a purple spirit ring appeared on Feng Lie's hand.

Feng Lie then turned his back on the Panther and he walked calmly. He stretched his hand forward and then a purple spatial rift appeared in front of him. Feng Lie entered this spatial rift and reappeared in front of his cave.

'With my current amount of Honkai energy I can only teleport a few kilometers if I use up half my energy.' Feng Lie thought of his own performance. He still had a lot to improve.

"Master, did you have fun fighting that panther?" Illya asked curiously.

"Well, it's just that I finally managed to imitate one of Satoru Gojo's moves through the powers of Herrscher of the Void. I was really excited to try out my imitation of Gojo's Limitless, although it's still a long way from the original." Feng Lie spoke with a smile on his face as if he had received a new toy.

Illya cocked her head to the side with a confused face as she didn't know anything about Satoru Gojo.

Feng Lie then started walking towards the cave to teleport to Nuoding Academy. But at that moment...

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!..."

At that moment Feng Lie heard an agonized scream of pain not far from where he was standing. It looked like it belonged on a little girl.

For a second Feng Lie was undecided on whether or not he should check the scream situation. But soon he decided to run towards the scream.

Of course he didn't run in a normal way. Feng Lie used the Herrscher of Wind's powers to solidify the air beneath his feet to create a foothold for his mid-air steps.

(It's similar to the Air Walk that Lady Nagant used in My Hero Academia.)

Feng Lie also lowered the resistance of the air around himself. And in less than 4 steps he has covered a distance of 80 meters.

When he arrived at the source of the scream he saw a disturbing scene.

There was a little girl with long red hair and red eyes, she was writhing in pain on the ground as she was burned alive.

There was no one around, whether human or Spirit Beast. There was only one corpse of a Spirit Beast called the Flame Cat.

'I can't just watch a child being burned alive and do nothing.'

Feng Lie decided to save this little girl.

6