Chapter 34 – The three Perks and the Healing Serum
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 34!

Quick update: Because I want to focus on my original novel, there'll only be one free chapter every week for this semi-fanfiction, while I'll release two for 'A Knight's Journey'.

Anyway, I'll see ya later!

 

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

 

-If you want to see some illustrations of places, characters, etc. from my novels, go check my Instagram: www.instagram.com/calmwandereroriginal/

 

-Planetary Tier patrons: 'Devor'. Thank you very much for your support!

-Free patrons:  'Eduardo Tolentino', 'ya_smerti' and 'Dylanshadow'. You guys are great!

 

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance! https://buy.stripe.com/4gwdTHfLo2fR2Xu6oo

 

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer  (12+ advanced chapters available)

 

If you wish to read a similar type of novel, I'm writing an original novel in my own created universe: The Knight's Multiverse. The name of the novel is '[The Knight’s Multiverse] - A Knight’s Journey: A Cultivator's Journey in a Superhuman’s Modern World'.

Synopsis:

After Damian Knight sacrificed himself to save a woman and her daughter, he gets reincarnated in a parallel Earth with three Perks by an unknown Entity. Using those Perks to help himself and his loved ones grow stronger, he will have to deal with many threats on his journey, whether the ‘Superheroes’ in the light or the Underworld (Crime Syndicate) in the dark. Fortunately, a few key people will help him on his journey, helping him embark on his cultivation's path in this Universe.

‘Choices have consequences.’

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/791503-the-knights-multiverse--a-knights-journey-a-cultivators-journey-in-a-superhumans-modern-world/chapter/792126/

********************

The Highlands, New Jersey, USA.
 
Ben's P.O.V.
 
When Ben and May arrived in the master bedroom, Ben closed the door, while the woman activated the device hung on the wall close by. Noticing Ben's curiosity, the raven-haired beauty explained. “Nat told me that there was something similar to that anti-noise gadget they used at our old place.”
 
A look of realization appeared on his face. His lips could not help but twitch however as he had a few guesses as to why they would use that particular tech. She however betrayed his expectations when she declared. “Now that no one can hear us, you can tell me about your powers and why I could reach the Peak Fifth Level Mortal Transcending Rank without having to train at all.”
 
As the two began their chat, Ben led her to sit on the bed, his gaze admiring the sea view through the picture window. After a few seconds of silence, the muscular man could not help but tease her. “What was it that you said earlier about that? 'I had to 'work out' a lot to get to that level, honey. So, I SHOULD be proud of it!'”
 
With a pout on her charming face, she replied. “Fine! I got a great husband who helped me get stronger by having sex with him. Happy?” Feeling speechless at her reply, he retorted, with some hesitation. “The way you phrased it... You know what? Forget it! I'll just explain quickly about my powers.”
 
When he finished his words, he noticed the victorious look on her face, but he chose not to comment and went on with his explanation. “I've told you a few days ago that I got back my memories, right? Well, I'm not sure why I got them back. But what I'm sure of is why I got my powers.”
 
“Why?” She asked, clearly interested. “When I was killed in my previous life, I was sent somewhere... Well, I don't really know where.” Noticing the unasked question in his wife's brown eyes, he explained. “I really don't. It's like it's been wiped out from my memories.” Pausing for a second, he added.
 
“In any case, there was an entity there who said that he'd give me three perks of my choosing, as long as he liked them. He was very picky about them. When I asked if he could make me strong right away, he replied something like 'Where's the fun in that?', so I had to choose ones with broken potential but that could not get me strong right away. Well, besides the Mind and Soul Shield. That one was allowed since the entity told me that he would not tolerate me being a mind slave.”
 
Scratching his short beard in confusion, his train of thought was interrupted by the woman's question. “What are you talking about?” Looking at her, he noted the puzzled look on her face. “Sorry, I got lost in thought. Anyway, the perks I chose were those three.” Lifting his thumb, he started to enumerate them.
 
“The first is what that entity called 'Equalized and Adaptive Physiology'. It allows my body to upgrade itself every time it's stimulated. Not only that but every basic aspect is upgraded.” “Example?” “If I learn another language, my brain capacity will improve, but I'll also become stronger, faster, etc.”
 
Rubbing her face in amazement, she exclaimed. “No wonder you said they were broken. What's the next one.” Lifting his index finger, he continued. “The second is what I used on you. The Love Bond. It can help me bond my soul to someone I trust deeply and who trusts me deeply as well. The effect is the capacity of feeling each other and you'll also get access to my perks. Of course, it's to a lesser degree and with some prerequisite, like being in proximity, but still...”
 
May still had some doubts as she said. “But we've only had sex with each other. How did I go from the First Level or lower to the Fifth Level?” Nodding his head, the man replied. “I'm not certain since the entity was not too informative about the perks, but my guess would be that it creates a certain resonance between us, which is similar to a cultivation session, but also different.”
 
Pausing for a second, he started to remember what he read in his previous life about those yin-yang techniques. “I'm also growing stronger, I can feel it. But it's not very apparent since the difference between our Levels is a lot. The upside is that it seems to help you grow very quickly.” With some hesitation, he added. “So, I guess it helps the weaker party grow quickly?”
 
Another thing he would have to explore in the future. Pushing aside that thought, he chose to continue his explanation. “Anyway, the third perk is the one I talked about earlier. 'Ultimate Mind and Soul Shield'. It gives me a permanent Shield to any mind or soul attack. Although I'm not sure about the difference between the two...” Chuckling at his words, the raven-haired beauty replied.
 
“It doesn't matter for now. As we grow stronger, we'll probably find out.” Nodding at her words, he decided to shelve that thought for later. Instead, something suddenly came to his mind and he swiftly stood up. “What're you doing, honey?” His charming wife asked, with some hidden frustration as she seemed to have been ready to move on to more... adult things.
 
“I'll remove the bandages. I should be almost completely healed up.” As he was explaining, he tried to remove those on his head. With a subtle look of annoyance due to the difficulties he faced taking them off with only one hand, the woman 'ordered'. “Sit down on the bed, I'll help you remove them.”
 
Sitting back down, Ben let out a sigh of relief without commenting. May, unlike him, started to gently unwrap his head, her movements being as precise and careful as she could to avoid hurting the man she loved dearly. After the bandages on his head were removed, the man asked. “How is it? Did it heal?”
 
He noticed her eyes looking at the place where he was previously injured before she declared. “It's completely healed, but...” She clearly tried to cover up both the worry and amusement she was feeling but his senses were very strong and coupled with the Bond, hiding them from him was simply a pipe dream.
 
“Why are you laughing at me in your head?” “I'm not... Take a look in the mirror, honey.” She finished before giggling away. Following her advice, he stood up and went to look at the side of his head in the mirror, where he spotted the origin of her amusement. On the left side of his head was a line carved in his short hair, giving his haircut a strange feeling of disharmony. Of course, the previous upgrade to his appearance, thanks to his physiology perk, alleviated that strange feeling by a lot. But it was still noticeable.
 
Shaking his head, the man rolled his eyes at the woman's reaction, and turning back toward her he commented. “It's not that funny...” “Sure, it isn't, honey...” She replied with a smile before gesturing for him to come back to the bed. Once seated, she gently removed the bandages on his right shoulder before declaring. “This one is completely healed too.”
 
Nodding his head, the man then said. “The one on my left side and left arm may not be completely healed. So, be careful, please.” This time it was her turn to roll her eyes, before replying. “You say that as if I was careless with the other two...” Chuckling slightly, the man retorted. “I may be a bit sensitive.”
 
Only he knew how serious those two injuries previously were, but he did not share that particular information with his lover. There was no need to worry her more than she already was. Although he was aware that as his wife, she would not be able to avoid that side of the world for very long, Ben wanted to ease her into it and not throw her roughly into it. Not everyone was capable of bearing with the world's cruelty. Or maybe it was him being too overprotective...
 
As the man was lost in his thoughts, the middle-aged woman started to remove the bandages wrapped up around his waist little by little. Once she was done, she exclaimed with some confusion. “Didn't you say that this particular injury was a bit more serious? How come there's nothing?”
 
Her words shook him off from his pondering, as his gaze lowered down to rest on the previous location of a gruesome wound. Where a bleeding hole was previously located, nothing could be seen now, startling him greatly. “I knew that my healing factor improved but...” He muttered before an image of Natalia injecting him with the 'healing serum' earlier in the day.
 
“Is that serum that effective?...” Turning her face toward him she asked, intrigued. “A serum?” Moving his gaze toward her, the man replied with some amazement coloring his eyes. “I was truly seriously injured earlier. Before you say anything, that particular injury would only have been serious if it was me from before I reached the Novice Rank and without my physiology Perk.”
 
Her eyes narrowed slightly at his words, but she stayed silent, clearly waiting for him to finish his explanation. “When Natalia got back to me, she injected me with what she called a healing serum. It's supposedly derived from Asgardian tech. I didn't think too much about it before, but it may be more amazing than I previously thought. Especially since it's only in the experimental phase...” 'Damn it! Why did I say that?' He thought as he spotted the anger brewing on the woman's face.
 
Wanting to defuse the situation, he quickly added. “Before you say anything, it worked on me before. That's what saved me when I got hurt during the Chitauri attack!” His explanation seemed to alleviate greatly her anger, but she still commented with some irritation. “So, they used that serum on you back then without being sure that it would work?”
 
Nodding his head, he responded seriously. “They did! But you shouldn't blame them since I would have died otherwise.” 'I'll skip the fact that it was Nat who injected me the first time too...' He thought with relief as the woman seemed to reluctantly agree with his reasoning.
 
“Why don't you help me remove the metal cast on my left arm, my Sweet Love?” His words drew a chuckle from the raven-haired beauty as she replied with both amusement and annoyance mixed in her voice. “My Sweet Love? What are you? Romeo Montague?” The happy smile on her face however betrayed what she really felt.
 
'I can't believe I never noticed how weak to compliments she was before... Or maybe it's because I became more shameless with my previous life memories coming back...' He thought amused at his wife's reaction. Not wasting time, the woman in question started removing the cast from his arm, unveiling a perfectly healthy left forearm.
 
“Try moving it slowly.” She instructed with her eyes glued to it. “Sure.” He replied as he started to move his hand, wrist, and forearm muscles while paying attention to any painful sensation that could appear. Strangely, none of those happened despite the contortions he put his arm through. “I don't feel any pain.” He exclaimed, his amazement at the serum's efficacy increasing.
 
After all, it was one thing to heal muscle injuries and quite another to heal bone injuries. “Your bones should be all healed up then.” She commented before adding. “I think we should find a way to get more of those healing serums. With the rate at which you get hurt, it'll definitely come in handy.”
 
Ben wanted to refute, but when he thought about the degree and number of injuries he suffered in less than two weeks, he wisely chose to keep his words or protest to himself. A sudden change from the Bond broke him out of his thoughts however as he immediately turned toward his beautiful wife, who commented with a dangerous smile on her face. “You've made me VERY worried, my dear husband. How are you gonna make it up to me?”
 
From the emotions emitted from the Bond, he understood right away what she was expecting, and as a good husband, he swiftly delivered. “I need to pamper my very charming wife, of course.” A loud dance of entangled bodies then followed those words, lasting for a long time through the night, with no one else able to witness the captivating scene.
2