Chapter 35 – The three recruits’ cultivation information
73 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers! Here's chapter 35!

I've been really sick since last thursday, so that's why you only get the chapter today. Anyway, I'm getting better as the days go by, so I'll hopefully be able to finish writing the two chapters for my original novel without having my head explodes... I may be a bit melodramatic.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

 

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

 

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance! https://buy.stripe.com/4gwdTHfLo2fR2Xu6oo

 

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer  (11+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

 

For those interested, I'm also writing an original novel in my own universe, ‘The Knight’s Multiverse’:

‘Demian Mikhailov, along with his three perks, his cultivation path and his loved ones, will have to grow his power in a complicated world, filled with superhumans, crime syndicates and other mysterious beings.’

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/791503-the-knights-multiverse--a-knights-journey-a-cultivators-journey-in-a-superhumans-modern-world/chapter/792126/

**********************

The Highlands, New Jersey, USA.
 
Ben's P.O.V.
 
After a restful sleep, Ben woke up completely energized, but thinking wryly. 'Thank the Entity, I'm both a Novice Rank Warrior and I've got my physiology Perk, otherwise...' Gazing at the innocent-looking succubus laying on his body, he chuckled discreetly. The handsome man stared for a while at her captivating sleeping face before starting his 'training routine' while waiting for her to wake up.
 
After his recent breakthrough, the man found out that he only needed two hours of sleep every night to feel rested. He had not tried staying awake for a whole night since then, though, so the effect on his mental state was unknown. However, it should not have too much impact. If that was the case, then it would be a great advantage for his cultivation. After all, sleeping for 6 to 8 hours every day meant that those hours could not be used to increase his personal strength.
 
Three hours later, he felt his wife stirring awake before a sleepy moan escaped her lips a few moments later. “Good morning, honey.” She mumbled while her eyes flickered open with some difficulty. With a smile on his handsome face, Ben stroked her cheek tenderly and responded. “Good morning, Love.” His words brought a small happy smile to her face, which grew even wider after her husband kissed her briefly on her lips.
 
The smile turned into laughter when the muscular man gently spanked her springy butt-cheek and said. “It's 5 a.m. We should go downstairs.” “Sure.” She responded with a grin before standing up languidly, proudly showing off her body. As a decent husband, when his wife wanted him to admire her naked body, he had to obey. It was common sense, wasn't it?
 
'Or I'm just horny...' He thought amused as his gaze was roaming all over her increasingly alluring form. While slightly over 5 feet tall, she had raven-colored hair reaching slightly below her shoulders and draping over her deceptively delicate frame. Indeed, after a few sessions of 'intimate' cultivation sessions, her former 'weaker' body became more toned, whether it was her limbs, abdominal muscles, buttocks, or even her breasts.
 
The latter two had even grown a bit, although not to the extent of becoming huge, they were still of an acceptable size. All in all, despite having crossed the 40-year-old mark for almost two years, she had what one could call a perfect petite body. When the image of the two embracing each other with their radically different frame size came to his mind, an amused grin came to his face.
 
'The Beauty and the Beast, uh? Although in my case it would be the handsome Beast...' Chuckling narcissistically at his 'private' joke, his train of thought was disturbed by the voice of his lovely wife. “What're you laughing about?” Her voice was genuinely curious since his feelings were pretty obvious to her because of the Bond.
 
Standing up, he put on a pair of shorts and prepared some training clothes to wear after their usual shower. While doing all that, he shared with his wife the image that he previously thought of which made her burst into a fit of giggles. After calming down a bit, the woman resumed putting on a pair of pants and a thin shirt while responding.
 
“I never thought about it like that. But now... It kinda makes sense. You DID grow a lot after all...” Pausing for a second, she turned her face toward him after having prepared her own training clothes and claimed while throwing a wink at him. “This beauty doesn't mind having a handsome beast as her husband, though?”
 
Chuckling at her flirting attempt, he replied in his magnetic voice while staring into her charming brown eyes. “And this Beast enjoys making his beauty of a wife scream in happiness...” His words made her blush slightly, but instead of responding to him, she held out her arms in an obvious gesture for him to carry her. With an amused grin, the man swept her off her feet while she had her arms laced around his neck.
 
With a quick sleight of hand, Ben grabbed their training clothes and put them on her stomach before moving toward the bathroom. Twenty minutes later, the two left the latter, looking refreshed and wearing the clothes they had prepared earlier. The two then spent ten minutes changing the sheets and cleaning their room before moving downstairs.
 
While doing the chores, Ben remarked. “It's strange.” “What is?” May replied. “The smell. It's different.” The look of confusion on her face prompted her husband to explain more in-depth. “You know how it usually smells in our room after we do it, right?” With a nod of her head, she retorted. “And I remember that since your senses improved, you had some trouble dealing with it.”
 
“Right. I didn't really pay attention earlier, but the smell seemed to have improved since the first day I came back. That's why I thought it was strange.” Despite the weird statement, his wife did not mock him but instead replied pensively. “Could it be because of my body's improvement? That's the only difference I can spot.”
 
A look of realization appeared on his face, as he exclaimed. “That should be it! I don't know if it's because your cultivation level improved or because of the use of my physiology perk, but I'm guessing the toxins in our bodies are probably eliminated along with our strength improvements.”
 
Nodding her head, the woman retorted. “That would make sense. Just like eating healthy improves someone's body odor. It's a good thing then. Because if our senses keep improving with our Ranks then it'd quickly become unbearable.”
 
Her words made him feel some mixed emotions. “Does that mean we'll have to avoid living around people without cultivation?...” May obviously did not have any answer to his words and thus chose to reply. “We'll deal with it when we'll cross that bridge. For now, we should go downstairs to get ourselves some breakfast.”
 
With a nod of his head, he silently followed her, his mind full of thoughts about what the future would bring for him and his loved ones. As the two reached the kitchen downstairs, Ben took care of preparing something to eat for his wife and himself, since no one else arrived yet.
 
Once he was done, the two ate at the dining table which was located in the closed veranda facing the ocean. As the two were enjoying their breakfast, Ben remarked. “You know what? I noticed something else that changed in myself.” May looked interested but stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.
 
“I feel less hungry than before. Shouldn't that be the opposite, though? I mean, with how strong I became, my body should have more needs in terms of energy, shouldn't it?” Shaking her head, she replied with a wry smile. “You ask me, but who should I ask?” Pausing for a second, the middle-aged woman replied. “It's the opposite for me. I've found myself becoming a lot hungrier than in the past.”
 
Scratching his chin in thought, the muscular man retorted absentmindedly. “Cultivation is really mysterious...” His train of thought was suddenly interrupted when he received a notification that they had three visitors from the semi-AI in charge of the whole property.
 
After making sure about their identities, Ben gave his approval for their entry. Staring at his new smartphone for a while, the man commented to his lover. “I'm really not used to having a computer spying on me all the time.” “Isn't it safe, though?” Rolling his eyes, he retorted while looking at her with a 'Are you serious?' face. “YOU think it's safe? Who was the one who almost threw her smartphone in the trash when she watched all the Terminator movies in one weekend?”
 
At his words, the woman stood up quickly and dashed toward the entrance door. “I'll go open the door to the kids!” Chuckling at her attempt to hide her embarrassment, he muttered. “I really need to find a computer guy for my team...” Shaking his head at how paranoid he had become, the man turned and walked toward the kitchen to prepare something to eat for everyone.
 
After he asked the three recruits what they wanted, the man took a few minutes to get everything ready. Once done, he brought everything to the table with the help of Cross before sitting back down and finishing his own meal. While they were eating, May asked Kate.
 
“Did you relocate your mother, Kate?” Nodding her head with a smile, the woman finished what was inside her mouth before responding. “We did, thanks. Mr. Barton helped me bring her to our new house. He also used a healing serum on her. Not the same one you used yesterday, Mr. Parker. But one that was weaker.”
 
Waving his hand at her, Ben replied. “Call me Ben. There's no need for honorifics.” Looking a bit awkward, the young woman replied. “I... It doesn't feel right... Since you're our team captain, can I call you Captain?” He did not want to force her since it was all the same to him and thus nodded. She would get more comfortable as time passed.
 
“I don't mind calling you Ben, Boss guy!” Shaking his head at the light brown-haired man on the side, he replied in a no-nonsense tone. “But I mind. Call me captain.” “That's favoritism! Why can't I do it too?” In a deadpan voice, the muscular man retorted. “Sue me.” Which shut the other man's mouth and drew a chuckle from the other three people around the table.
 
Turning back his face toward the blond woman, he resumed. “You said he used a healing serum on her. How is she?” Nodding her head, she responded with a respectful but happy tone. “She's recovered completely! It feels surreal. Yesterday, she couldn't even stand up alone, but today she was moving around as if everything before was a bad dream.”
 
Cross had a similar amazed expression on his face, while he added. “I've seen it myself and I still have trouble believing it's real.” As May and Ben chuckled at the funny expressions on their faces, the raven-haired beauty replied. “Ben and I were just talking about the same thing earlier. It's a good thing though.”
 
The other three nodded, with Marco staying silent for once. The group quickly finished their breakfast, cleaned up everything, and then moved through the secret passage leading underground. Once there, they went to the Training Room where Ben led the three toward the Scanner.
 
“Cross and Marco! The two of you will stand up one at a time in front of that machine. Once the information pops up, I'll quickly explain what they mean.” Due to his natural charisma, the two obeyed quickly, with Andrew being the first to be scanned.
 
[-Name: Andrew Cross
-Bloodline: Human, Dragon
-Strength Level: Third Level Novice Rank
-Energy Affinity: Mid Earth Rank
-Elemental Affinity: Darkness Element
-Body state: Healthy]
 
Looking at the information on the holographic display, Ben and May were both surprised at what the line on Bloodline showed. Narrowing his eyes, Andrew asked in a neutral. “Captain. Does Bloodline mean what I think it means?” Nodding his head Ben retorted. “It does. You've got a Draconic bloodline. No wonder you've got scales when you used your powers.”
 
Turning his face toward him, Cross asked another question, this time with some worry apparent in his voice. “Is that something I should be worried about?” Shaking his head hesitantly, Ben responded. “I don't think so. But we can check on the Holo-Computer later.” Nodding his head, Andrew did not comment further but Ben could easily spot the slight crease of his brow as he looked toward his own information.
 
Instead of sharing useless platitudes, Benjamin explained each piece of information and what they meant for the young man, before instructing Marco to switch places with Cross.
 
[-Name: Flint Marco
-Bloodline: Human, Spirit
-Strength Level: Second Level Novice Rank
-Energy Affinity: Low Earth Rank
-Elemental Affinity: Sand Element
-Body state: Healthy]
 
Chuckling wryly, Ben commented in a low tone. “Another one with a different bloodline...” Unlike Andrew however, Flint seemed excited about the fact that he had a Spirit Bloodline, becoming so exuberant that the other young man's face seemed to relax and a small amused smile appeared on his face.
 
“Captain! I'm a Spirit! That's so cool!” Shaking his head, the older man could not help but also have a small grin appearing on his face at Marco's childish happiness. After a few seconds, Ben cut him off before he said to Kate. “You can go get scanned now. Be aware that because you haven't reached the Novice Rank, only your Strength Level should be displayed.
 
Nodding her head, the young woman went in front of the machine, and after a brief moment, her information popped up.
 
[-Name: Kate Taylor
-Bloodline: Human
-Strength Level: Peak First Level Mortal Transcending Rank
-Energy Affinity: Unknown
-Elemental Affinity: Unknown
-Body state: Healthy]
0