Ch: 156 [Snakes]
127 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Location: Cosmic Spectre's headquarters]

"Just how long is he going to give him that death stare?" Gwen whispered in Peggy's ear.

"Keep it down," Peggy scolded as she kept her head straight and focused on Mr. Sinister, who had surrendered of his own free will and agreed to hand over his research materials. Right now, he is kneeling on the floor before me, chained in power-nullifying cuffs while looking up at me with an uncaring expression.

I went through all the humans and mutants he has experimented on and killed. It's just too much. If it weren't for his information on Apocalypse's potential resurrection, I wouldn't even hesitate to give him an execution right now. I wanted to kill him the moment I laid my eyes on him, but with more and more supers that were once evil, gaining powers beyond imagination, I knew exactly what to do.

"So, that mark on your arm is a slave mark?" I questioned him.

"Yes. I can't go against his wishes nor can I cause any harm to him. That's why I want to make a deal with you, Mr. Brian. You get rid of this mark and keep me hidden until Apocalypse dies permanently. In exchange, I will cooperate with you on any experiment that would aid humanity or I can tell you Apocalypse's final plan after absorbing Madelyne's body," Mr Sinister bargains.

"Do you really think I'd take that bait?" I said nonchalantly.

"This is a win-win for both sides. The only thing you have to do is just eliminate him. And I promise, you won't ever hear from me again," Mr. Sinister bargained once more. He showed me everything from his deal with Apocalypse up until his present condition. "See? It's not too bad, is it?"

"Humm... I'm just a little curious. How did you manage to hide him and yourself from my cosmic detection?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows. "That should be impossible. I detect everything, whether they are physical or metaphysical."

"Well, I might have come across some Kree technology that creates a unique energy field that can hide us from any type of detection power. So..." He revealed smugly.

"I see... Thank you for your information," I walked over to him and grabbed his shoulder with a smile, "And goodbye." I pushed my cosmic energy into his body. Mr. Sinister lit up like a Christmas tree.

"No, no, no... You need me to gain access to my chamber. You... No. You can not kill me like this," Mr. Sinister shrieked helplessly. He could feel it, his body slowly disintegrating into ashes. The immortality and survival power of his was no match before this OP cheat power of mine. But then again, this fucker was able to survive a worse situation than this. So, might as well slice him up with an immortal killing weapon.

I pulled out my Muramasa Blade and split his body into countless tiny pieces, before turning him into ashes.

"I don't deal with criminals," I stepped on his ashes.

"How are you going to find him now?" Peggy asked.

"It's simple. I've already reverse-traced his teleportation route and found the chamber. Apocalypse is in its weakest form right now, but that chamber has three more troublesome enemies. Well, nothing our new team can't handle. It would be the perfect way to test their limits. I will take down Apocalypse, and the rest of them... I will leave it to the team," I clasped my fists, ready for another boss fight, "Time to face my next challenge."

"You really want to put those newbies out there to fight?" Volcana, who had been standing in silence at the corner finally spoke. "Wouldn't it be better if we take the enemy heads-on ourselves?"

"What better time could be to see what they can do? We have invested so much of our time, energy, and money to train them. Heck, I even pay them monthly for doing nothing while we burst our asses. It's about time for them to prove their worth. Besides, the best teacher is the battlefield itself," I shook my head. "If they can't prove their worth, then they will have to pay back every penny we have wasted and drop out. In case of failure, they will be sent to other colonies to work as simple staff and earn back our investments," I announced.

Volcana wanted to object, but I cut her words off by placing my hand on her shoulder, "You trained half of them. So, trust them."

"Alright," Volcana could only nod at my resolute decision.

"Captain Marvel and I will go first. Gather the team and wait for my signal. You will lead them, Volcana. Just hope this battle ends today and we will get a nice trouble trouble-free concert to enjoy later this month," I gave a light punch on Volcana's shoulder, "Try not to steal your student's kills, yeah?"

"Tsk." She clicked her tongue. I knew it. She wanted to fight those mutants herself, and here she is, babysitting her students. Well, kids these days. Nothing new.

****

Phyla and I teleport away from the meeting room, arriving before a giant white door with a massive circular lock in the center.

I placed my finger on the round lock and it lit up as soon as my touch came into contact. With a click, the circular door opened and a gigantic white rectangular hole appeared before us. Without hesitation, the two of us took off towards the seemingly bottomless opening. As we ventured deeper into this hole, we both let out a golden glow and dived in even faster. We had our forcefield and cosmic abilities to protect our body, so speed wasn't a problem. It's just a matter of distance.

"Where exactly is it that we are going?" Phyla shouted. "This looks like an endless pit."

"The moment my cosmic sense noticed this big blob in space, I can only wonder where it could be coming from. Since Sinister's death meant Apocalypse is unable to hide anymore, I've pinpointed exactly where the origin was. Coordinates are locked in," I answered Phyla.

"Well, let's pick up the speed then," She smirked.

"After you, sweetheart," I grinned. The two of us picked up our speed to the point of breaking the sound barrier and entering supersonic. We have no idea how far we have traveled, but I can faintly sense life signatures from below. We are close... I can feel them.

"We're here!" Phyla yelled. We immediately dropped into the abyss and slowed our falling speed as the world below became clearer to our eyes.

There it was, a giant glass chamber that is as huge as a palace. This thing was pretty much out of place and couldn't possibly stand still unless there was magic involved. There's this energy field around it, protecting this place. And to greet us, there were... Snakes... Too many fucking snakes to count. And at the entrance to the door is a green mutant waiting. Even he or she whatever the fuck its gender is, has a fucking snake head.

"Eew! What's up with this stench?" Phyla was grossed out thanks to the toxic gas in the air, rising from these God-forsaken mutated and twisted slithery abominations.

I hate snakes. Whenever I see them bad memories from my past life come up.

[Tiny Flashback]

It was my third day as a male escort and I an yet to get a high profile client. All I did for the past two days was spend some time with girls who kept on babbling on and on about their unhappy sex lives with their husbands. At least they were rich as fuck and the tips are amazing. But tonight is special, a famous female director booked my service. The full service... You know what I mean...

Coming back to the matter, I arrived at the airport and escorted her back to the hotel. She cleaned up and changed into a sexy red gown and we left for a nice date at a uber expensive restaurant. Everything was going awesome, the food was great, she was great, we had an awesome chat, we laughed together, we enjoyed a nice late-night walk at the beach before going to a fucking exotic bar.

At first, I had no fucking idea what nightmare I am gotten myself into...

Ok. So, we walked into this bar and the first thing that caught my eyes were the liquor bottles filled with freaking snakes and scorpions and what's not in them. Needless to say, I can't enjoy myself when something like that was staring at me from behind the glass. And did I mention they serve drinks mixed with these things?

I warned her, I swear... I told her not to drink those shits. But hey, she's the boss and she's the one paying me, so how much value do you think my words carry? A fucking 0!

Like I predicted, the result isn't too bad... Nah... It's super bad. She drank the liquor from a bottle with a snake. Snake Wine or so they called it. Man, it's fucking nasty looking. Well, that's it... Her last drink. She died on the spot. I kept my calm and called my main office and informed them of the situation. The police came and hey, you are an escort, you spent time with a famous director, you must have done something since we know this bar owner and there isn't any way he could have done something...

And I was locked up. It took six fucking months to clear up my name. It turned out that the wine was a cheap imitation of the original. In short, someone fucker mass-produced fake snake wine. He just killed some snakes, bottled them up with wine, and sold them.

Anyway, that wasn't the bad part. The bad part was the prison life for six months. I had to fuck that woman jailer for six months just to live properly without worrying about some inmates coming after my ass. She kept me safe. Yup. But you ask why am I still complaining, right?

Well...

She was over 60 and... Tell you what, I don't want to speak about her. You should have got a general idea. I had to survive, so...

Don't ask me how she kept her job at that age, but it's a mental scar, I tell you...

[Present Time]

"DIE! MOTHERFUCKING SNAKE FUCKERS!" I blinked before that green snake head creature and ripped its heart out.

8