Chapter 3: Not everything as it seems
229 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Enjoy the little moments, because once they are over, they won't come back"- Unknown

***
The portal closed behind Damien, as he received information that he will soon enter a sleep-like state until he is reincarnated, which he found suspicious but he ignored it for now.

He is currently floating in a space-like environment, with only stars shining in the distance, and from that he could deduce this is a fake space.

 <S.S ( Superior sage), are you there?>He tried to communicate with Superior Sage via the soul corridor he made sure to include.

<<<Affirmative, How may I address you?>>> Damien heard A feminine robotic voice say directly through that corridor, which reminded him of The voice of the world in tensura.

That made him assured about what he chose, <For now, Damien will do, I might get a different name in the future> Damien replied back

<<<Acknowledged. How may I be of use to you, Damien? >>> S.S asked with her almost robotic tone.

<I highly doubt, this soul corridor is secure from the Almighty but I concur, he wouldn't mind since he probably knows me the best, anyways but is this secure from everything and everyone else?> Damien asked S.S. while appearing thoughtful.

<<<Affirmative. Soul Corridor is Safe and secure to utilize against anyone who isn't an Omniversal entity or has a Higher ranked skill than me related to souls, Further Evolution is required to Eliminate such variables>>> S.S stated.

'I see, does thought communication work?' Damien now tried communicating via his thoughts.

<<<Affirmative. I have mild authorization given by you to constantly read your thoughts unless they are under the restriction list, but it is highly recommended to utilize our safer methods to communicate when it is deemed so by you.>>> S.S Stated.

<no shit, Sherlock, anyways have you scanned everything in that dimension, I tried to move around as much I could so you could properly scan it> Damien said with a snicker.

<<<Affirmative. I have gathered data, however, it is currently insufficient to come up with a valid conclusion related to everything about that dimension,
further information and research are required, Hhowever is enough data to utilize it using a Teleportation or detection skill, I do however apologize for my inability and incompetence to be of not used to you.>>> S.S stated.

<nah it's alright, you did a good job, I honestly should have made you more relaxed around me, but let's wait for it in the future when you grow> Damien said while scratching his head at this 'miscalculation' on his part.

<What about the soul consumables? I tried to ask for an apple again but didn't get another one, tsk I knew it, that was preplanned> Damien asked as he clicked at the missed opportunity.

<<<They can be replicated indefinitely if required Ingredients are provided to me >>> S.S stated.

< how much did you find out by analyzing Gabriel?> Damien casually asked next.

<<< Entity Known as Gabriel has shown significant proof to suggest He trusts you deeply, However, in certain instances it has been detected he is willingly holding Information from you, Further analysis is required for a comprehensive Report, It is recommended to be cautious around Entity Gabriel>>> S.S stated with indifference.

< Quite an accurate description, however, needs more overall improvement, for example, you forgot to include the emotional report but that also can be done over time, no rush> Damien Commented.

<<<My apologies, I will strive to be better>>> S.S stated.

Damien sprouted a smile, just from this simple conversation they had, he could distinctly feel S.S. has improved, S.S Has a major advantage against Great Sage just by this alone, She can rapidly improve herself, not like an Ai but rather a sentient being.

Just as he wanted to experiment further he received a warning that he will enter a slumber in ten seconds so he quickly ordered <Protocol Sherlock activate>.

<<<Affirmative, entering Sherlock mode, Rest well, I won't disappoint you>>> S.S Replied with a hint of conviction in her tone.

Damien smiles as he slowly felt himself fall to sleep...

Damien is by Nature a cautious person, He knew there would be situations where he would not be able to respond or react fast enough, so he simply added protocols in S.S., they will be activated instantly if S.S. deems it needed or manually due to his command.

Great Sage had something similar, Which was first shown when Rimuru was battling against one of his first major foes, Orc Disaster, however, it was never truly utilized again, Damien simply exploited that wasted potential while also adding his take on it and the results are as it can be comprehended.

Golden iris Replaced Damien's original, S.S took over her creator and started her investigation as her Creator intended, She is observing as she tests everything Damien couldn't due to this slumber, Testing His soul, and her other functions, Reanalyinzing Everything that has happened so far, so she could make her Creator... No... Her Beloved Master Proud, She thought as hints of desires slowly took root in her as she slowly learned everything in this void.

***

In the original timeline of 2138.

Earth had suffered drastically due to pollution and climate change, enough to cover the once beautiful sky with black smoke that stayed in forever, rarely were people able to look at the sun, and toxic smoke and waste were laid bare in the cities that people had to wear a gas mask before they could leave their home to go to work.

All Natural sources of water were polluted and the Rains were acidic while having a foul smell to them, it caused Great famine over the world as food crops dried down and it wasn't a rare sight to see malnourished people starving to death.

All of this was caused due to incompetence of the politicians as they failed to notice the collapse of all primary industry sectors, but they weren't the only ones to blame, as Huge conglomerates deceived, bribed, tricked, and silenced all that spoke actively due their greed and desperation to stay in power until it was too late to change...

People around the world started to suffer due to food shortages and other issues, and riots Formed as they looked to blame the government and the politicians, Governments were overthrown, changed, or Collapsed over weeks as new Countries formed.

The names were the same but everything was different, alas they needed funding to change something and only those who control the flow of trade, Money and the economy had them, thus they manipulated the ignorant people to build 'complete environment cities' called arcologies.

Giving false promises to fix this planet, as they escaped to those newly build cities to live their life in luxury along with their Employees and affiliates.

To escape from this harsh reality, an invention called the Neural Nano-Interface system appeared It involves injecting a syringe of nanomachines directly into the subject's arm, allowing the user's brain or mind to function like a super high-performance personal computer.

It was widely popular because of its usage in something called DMMO-RPGs, which utilized a console plugged into the neural system to Play games in virtual reality Among them one became widely popular.

YGGDRASIL.

A DMMO-RPG Developed painstakingly and was originally released in 2126, Its Selling point was "Player Freedom" which DMMO-RPGs at the time were usually devoid of, typically following a bland way to extort money from any who dared play them.

It was so popular at the time, that If someone From Japan Heard the word DMMO-RPG, they will almost instantly think of YGGDRASIL.

While YGGDRASIL was similar in the manner that it also wanted to make a profit, it compensated that with its Vast playing Field containing Nine Different worlds while giving access to a wide range of Races to select from, along with the option to choose from over two thousand different job classes.

That game was seen as an escape for residents of The Rising Sun, after all, they had it worse than other countries, Their Country was taken over By Huge Conglomerates, who seized and altered the laws to be to the companies' advantage, and the reality was that they controlled the people.

They got rid of compulsory education so they could rob people of their ability to think, while similar to all the other places if anyone wanted their kids to study they needed to pay expensive tuition for basic elementary-level schooling.

Safety, good food, and the natural environment were only seen as a privilege to the rich, as ordinary people survived on nutrient packages, rarely could they come across vegetables, while they can only dream about meat.

People couldn't even quit their job as if they did they wouldn't be able to survive in this harsh world, that much they made sure, for the wealthy, everyone who wasn't rich was simply worker bees they could exploit to become richer.

However, that was simply the original timeline, The new timeline has many changes yet it was similar to the original in many ways as well, many new faces were everywhere, and The world was more interesting.

However, The inhabitants of this world kept surviving, unaware of a Grand Event taking place, an event that marked the descent of a dictator, A boy no... a demon, and his sister who will Change this desolate world... No, this Universe as they see fit, after all to them especially that demon, this life is simply a game.

***

"This is an emergency alert, please stay inside your home, the weather will be chaotic today due to an eclipse taking place, This is an emergency..." A voice echoed and repeated everywhere in Japan.

However, in the Arcology city of Tokyo, the people living inside it had stark construct behavior, they were happily moving around as people... no the wealthy went about their way, to them it wouldn't matter as they were safe and secure inside it, everyone was either relaxing, walking their robotic pets or having a nice time, as the automated cars drove employees to their work after all only the privilege could drive manually.

That was until a power shortage temporarily wiped out the entire city's power, everyone collectively panicked yet they calmed down when the emergency power went up after thirty seconds.

Right when the power went out, something very strange happened, a Peculiar Pod morphed into existence in the backyard of a luxurious mansion, the pod looked like any delivery pod used in this city, round and as big as a mini car however, anyone would realize looking Closely, the pod was part of the highest membership one could get from the delivery company.

But even that still wouldn't explain how it popped into existence like that, when the power came back, The security system automatically noticed it and alerted the residence.

Soon quickly, A group of well-dressed bodyguards came out while looking and searching around everywhere to secure the area even if their boss owns this mansion.

After making sure everything is clear and safe, they brought the pod into the mansion, it took them some time but they efficiently managed to bring it to the waiting room.

In there, a woman sat while another woman stood there as they brought it in front of the sitting lady, she simply said "out" without saying anything they left the room to stand guard outside.

The woman standing had a beautiful mature look that looked to be in her late 20s, which could captivate anyone, She had a slender but a bit chubby waist but that only added to her beauty, Her breasts were soft and bountiful that they would escape the boundaries of a hand, and her butt had a similar proportion, Her angelic Blue eyes hide behind glasses, she waited patiently as her mistress was looking at the pod.

[Picture here]

The Female sitting looked to be in her 20s, Her beauty had a majestic youthful charm to it, She had a slender waist With a prominent Bust, and her wavy brown hair was braided behind her head, She was in every way perfect.

[Picture here]

Her red eyes looked deeply as she stood up and approached the pod, the gently touched it as the pod opened up with a shutter, inside it slept two babies innocently, a boy and a girl, she looked at them with a loving motherly smile appeared on her face, specifically when she looked at the boy, it reminded her of some fragments memory, tears flowed from her eyes unknowingly.

"My sweet sweet little..." she whispered while she gently moved her finger on his face so as not to wake him up "I am sorry..." she mumbled this time more quietly as pain filled her heart when the fragments reminded her of what he had to go through because of her.

But it doesn't matter, The family is finally reunited once again with another addition this time, The secretary watched this as she also had a smile on her face, to her if her mistress was happy then she would be happy after all she wouldn't be alive in this disgusting city if it wasn't for her mistress.

But she was startled a little when she was motioned to come near her mistress, slightly confused she nonetheless obeyed, "Take a look at them, they are my sweet adorable marshmallows" Her mistress said with a loving tone.

So she did, she look at the babies inside, then her eyes softened, Deep emotions erupted inside her as her hidden pain and suffering slowly vanished,  and a genuine smile appeared on her face as she felt the innocence and naivety radiating from them, She finally felt her reason to live strengthened, she felt she discovered a hidden secret of this world.

As this was going on, S.S In her soul form recorded and analyzed them, She could do this simply because she has been successful and found some ways to utilize the soul, however, she couldn't Go too far away from her beloved master, which she didn't particularly mind but it troubled her as it would limit her on what she could investigate thus not being useful to her beloved master.

This was the first time since her activation, that she felt conflicted, She was in a dilemma, but in the end, she came up with her 'valid' reasonings that she shouldn't move away from her beloved master as he might be in danger and in case they somehow separated, she nodded to herself, it definitely wasn't because she wanted to be close to her beloved master.

With that out of the way, she started pondering over why those entities reacted that way to her master, At first she was vigilant in case they tried to harm her master, she would absolutely never forgive someone and herself if she let them hurt her master, She must protect him until he is back to being his majestic self, well he is still majestic but that's beside the point.

She was confused currently, since whenever they behaved that way toward her master, she felt a deep sense of fulfillment, it was similar to when her master told her she did a good job but different, she tried to search for any new word in the dictionary until she came across one word.

Proud. Ah, she was being proud of her master, She understood it easily now, The only reason she couldn't instantly check it is merely because her master set it up so she doesn't have access to knowing the meaning of emotions unless she felt them first, now she understood.

Although she wasn't sure why her master did it, she has absolute faith in her master

This was all processed in merely a fraction of a microsecond, As S.S. observed they were taking her master somewhere, but she deducted they wouldn't hurt him at least not now, she will still stay vigilant in case something happens, she thought with determination.

***

I crave comments, I crave for interactions, not popularity for I will get that when I am worthy, so comment as you must,

Join the discord server:- https://discord.gg/b7P23h894H

In case it doesn't show https://discord.gg/. b7P23h894H

After all I will be doing polls to decide many things in the future

Word count: 2658

16