Chapter 4: Patience is a virtue
184 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

OOO

"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you are following them" - Johan liebert

OOO

Time went by as if a river was calmly flowing forward, yet only a month had passed since the arrival of the twins, Netizents of this planet went about their ways ignorant of what will happen in the future, but that is merely the way this world functions, Human rights only exist in the paper.

However, that is for the future, for now, a peculiar family household is mildly chaotic recently due to new addition to their lonely life, a pair of twins.

The surname of this Family is Hayashi, even the most ignorant netizens in this world would recognize it and know what Power this surname contained, it filled them with hope in this forsaken world, as It causes people at the top to feel a shiver down their spine.

For them at the top, this surname is both a nightmare and a blessing, as they can decide the fate of most corporations in this country... No, this planet, it would be reasonable to question, what line of work would cause cold-hearted capitalists to feel so much dread.

After all, they are merely an international Law firm, What could they possibly do to people in power who change laws based on what they felt like, Well a cheat like power or the person who could exploit even the most restrictive of laws, no matter how recently they were implemented

It wasn't always like this, This law firm was previously only one of the high-tier law firms that were like pet dogs to the huge conglomerates, simple tools to battle each other on Patent rights and handle cases between them.

It all changed when This firm's Previous owner passed away and his Daughter took over, She was a born genius, and at a young age she already managed to get all the law degrees, while that might not be impressive in this society where wealthy simply buy their degrees, It was astonishing because all sources stated it was all due to her efforts.

The huge conglomerates, however, didn't think much of it, they only thought they would get to utilize a more powerful pet, who is also a high-tier beauty, some of the incompetent higher-ups drooled at that thought m after all they only got their position due to connections and currency, they would naturally be jealous of anyone who has talent.

That was a grave mistake they all made,  how wrong they were to not realize this potential threat to their power Before they could properly realize, The law firm grew rapidly in power with new innovative tricks and loopholes found in an already broken society, quickly becoming a Powerhouse, Powerful enough to even make the Huge Conglomerates feel slightly threatened.

At first, they subtly tried to lessen its power but alas it was unsuccessful, so they didn't probe too much into it, not because they were afraid of it but simply because there was no valid profitable reason behind it, Afterall the Majority of the Conglomerates weren't even in interested in that field.

 To them specifically, they are the true ruler of this planet, they could easily erase this law firm out of existence they so arrogantly thought, They control everything, and the law firms were merely a way for them to have subtle 'Friendly' fights with each other, it's simply a game to them.

And more importantly, The Law firm didn't try to overthrow them or try to change society, They were simply the best of the best in this desolate world, the industry leader of a small field that wasn't important to them.

sure they lost some minor profits when this law firm accepted cases from the worker bees but in the end, they made more profits from it, as they could more efficiently control and take over the smaller corporations. So all in all, nothing truly changed.

Or so they thought, Not realizing a Weapon must be sharpened, honed, and readied before its True master utilizes it, They blissfully indulged in their fantasies and arrogance.

Hayashi Ayaka (彩花), though didn't care what people thought of her, She was simply spending time with her newly arrived kids, as she took pictures and videos clips of every moment she could form, The twins awakened a deep-seated feeling of motherhood inside her, it made her feel happier fulfilled when she spent more time with them/

Especially toward her beloved son, Masamune named him that specifically because in Japanese,  Masamune (正宗), Masa means righteous or supreme, and mune means ruler or lord.

She felt like, that would be what her son want and it resonated with her a lot because her son smiled adorably when she told him the name, It made her feel giddy and Delighted, so she chose to stick with it, and it also goes well with their surname which means forest in Japanese, symbolizing a vast and influential presence.

She named her daughter, Shouri (勝利) - A straightforward name meaning Victory, conveying the concept of absolute victory. She hopes together they will form a formidable bond, Although she loves them both, her favorite is her son Masamune, and she can't properly explain why, she just vaguely remembers these odd fragments of memories of someone else but she doesn't complain as it helped her immensely while growing up.

Although she would still constantly be bothered by her work, luckily her Secretary, Minamoto Hasumi (蓮実) pretty much handles it well, so she could gladly spend more time with her kids.

It took her a year of preparation, she fabricated incidents all related to a supposed pregnancy, all due to the arrival of this twin, Those odd fragments of her vaguely told her to do it, so she did as she wanted to be a mother but didn't want to let any filthy man touch her, She was already in her late 20s even if she looks so young.

Luckily, It went well as nobody suspected anything, and now the twins are officially registered as her biological children.

S.S (Superior Sage) observed it, She had mixed feelings about all this, as she was glad her beloved master was being taken care of, but she also felt jealousy for the first time, she wanted to be the one in place of that woman, who self-proclaimed as her master's mother, but she will wait until Her master to awakened.

She, unfortunately, found out that the soul memory hasn't been transferred to her master's fragile baby body when she tried to communicate with her master, She only got vague incomprehensible replies, Either her master is messing with her or as she concluded it might be because the memories will slowly return to her master, Similar to a person who lost their memories temporally will slowly recognize and remember etc things when it is exposed to them.

So she patiently waited, as she gathered as much information as she can after she found out Souls can store a lot of data, especially her core which was modified and added as her processor and Memory drive.

With that, Time once again moved forward as four more months passed, The twins were five months old and they could now sit down on their own, But still needs support of some sort.

They both had some strikes of hair on them already, Masamune had brown hair and scarlet eyes while shouri had some white hair and Golden eyes, and Ayaka was concerned by this, so she contacted doctors and they assured her it was a safe mutation related to the albino genome, probably from her 'father's side of families.

Although she was still worried, so she assigned a doctor for a weekly check-up, She didn't want anything unforeseen to happen, she was actually getting kinda stressed but luckily, her kids were there.

She was a bit stunned when her son motioned with his hands he wanted a hug and when she did bring him close to her, he tried to return the hug with his little hands and then gave her a small smooch on her face.

She was absolutely delighted that day and that was later followed by shouri doing the same, as she typically imitates what her brother does, Which got rid of most of the worries as she turned emotional, but even then a small amount of worry did reside in her heart.

She already knew her kids were special but it still surprises her when they do something that could be considered even abnormal for babies their age, especially her son recently, She could vaguely feel he has gotten more observant and smarter, and He behaves more abnormally

Although that did make her worry for some time if he will be taken away from her she reassured herself when she remembered only a small amount of people can manage to do that in this society and they wouldn't be interested at least not until he grows up.

S.S was also delighted when she realized her master was finally getting his memories back but it's mostly minor fragments, she noticed, as her master didn't seem like when they first met, he is still as magnificent and smart but was more the innocent category, he was more curious about everything as if it's the first time he saw it.

She is usually questioned by this innocent version of her master, whenever he has a question, but she is still happy because he instantly recognized her and also is utilizing her.

She estimates, Her master will return in at least six more months when they turn one year old or so.

And she was somewhat right, After Four more months as finally the twins said their first words which were unsurprising "Mumma" or a different variant of it, but Ayaka was ecstatic simply by that, She wanted to claim she could happily die now but that would probably make her kids sad so she didn't.

She just celebrated, she marked the 9th of September in the year 2100 as a special date, it was the first time her sweet babies talked, well said something resembling a word at least.

But alas she didn't know it was planned by Her little son all along, Masamune has unlocked more of his memories, and The little dictator is close to awakening... Soon the world will be more fun.

Masamune smiled evilly at that thought, he is already smart enough to realize, he doesn't have access to all of his memories, which did frustrate him a little but he just had to patiently wait until he remembers everything, this would have looked menacing if He didn't have a baby pacifier in his mouth as he sucked it, but he doesn't mind it.

He remembered watching boss baby with his mom in his previous life, so he simply was having fun, nothing is embarrassing if you are thick-skinned enough, he proudly thought until he felt his cheek not the bottoms once but the once on his face being poked.

He looked at his sister, who also was sucking a pacifier, she gestured with her hand to the pad, he knew she wanted to play games like tic tac toe with him, so he gladly complied, he doesn't find it annoying simply because he always craved moments like this with his family.

Besides he is still a baby who cares if some edge lord would find this distasteful to them simply because they couldn't comprehend the dao of emotions and bonding.

Although the games he plays with his sister could be considered bizarre and completely abnormal which can also be confirmed when the bodyguards and even His aunt Hasumi was making dumbfounded expression, that just makes him more giddy and proud.

For some reason, his kid tendencies also returned, probably because the emotions behind his past life memories were diluted, which he will gladly take, no reason to complain as he wouldn't be bored that easily now and even explore new emotions he couldn't before, although the core prominent memories kept at least 40℅ or so emotions behind it, so it doesn't really much.

Besides it's similar to how the brain usually works unless they can recall every feeling vividly related to every memory, the brain usually dampens a lot of the memories, like for example seeing something disturbing that would make the viewer vomit and stuff could in at least a month later change what they felt at the time other than a bland reminder from the brain that they felt, etc emotions.

That was part of originally why Masamune slowly turned numb to feelings, including other conditions which caused him to be bored, but he hopes he can feel those emotions again

Although Masamune had other plans on why he was playing games now, besides the fact nothing else can be done now, he is training his sister to react faster, smarter, and more strategically definitely not because he wanted to spend time with his sister.

He nodded his head with his poor excuses, besides his sister is smart, she can rapidly learn fast and grow, and she can already beat everyone other than him and their mom in this mansion, well at least the ones she played against.

 But it's only in tic tact toe currently, she can't properly comprehend Chess and shogi yet but that's to be expected, as she is still a baby currently.

she does know some basics of what etc pieces are, He is looking forward to her growth, He postponed communicating with her via the soul corridor as she will probably be confused since they haven't really talked yet using vocals, so she might freak out, so he concurs.

He also found out, He was 'born' into a rich family well it's obvious going by how beautiful and luxurious everything is, At first he was confused about why he didn't see his father but S.S. clarified how he and his sister arrived here.

He will look into it more in the future, He wasn't really surprised this was a rich family after all he specified the arcology for a reason, but at least he has a good enough foundation to grow more quickly, he is confident he can become a billionaire at least by the time he turned eighteen.

Masamune thoughtfully nodded unaware he is heir to a Law firm that earns billions of dollars monthly, But that's mostly due to inflation and high market prices on everything.

Time flew by as Masamune enjoyed spending time with his new family and sweet aunt, Soon he learned to crawl around along with his sister who followed him around like a chick to her mother hen, along with the twins getting their first tooth Ayaka was once again delighted and marked it so she can yearly celebrate it.

S.S also already accepted them as her master's family, and although somewhat jealous, she was more glad she could now talk to her master, that's what matters to her, She also felt content and proud when her master praised her immensely for feeling so many emotions already, She strived even more to improve and become better for her beloved master.

Soon the mood was festive, Mostly because the twin's birthday is nearly, it is a joyous occasion for this family.

Ayaka was determined to make this as great as possible, She won't tolerate anyone messing it up, She also wanted the birthday to be when her kids eat something a little more solid as they now have more teeth.

As Ayaka prepared for the occasion, Masamune planned a devious plan with his sister which he would enact on their first birthday, It would be splendid, he thought while tapping all his fingers together with a smile.

Shouri looked at her big brother confusedly and she tried to imitate doing the same but struggled, Which frustrated her, luckily Her big brother came to the rescue and started teaching her, and she learned quickly.

Hasumi entered at the wrong time as she saw the twins giggling and tapping their fingers together, she quietly tried to exit the room but alas Masamune noticed her, the twins looked at her then smiled creepily and they quickly crawled at her, she wanted to scream but that would be embarrassing so she held it in.

And thus their aunt also joined in the diabolical plan.

OOO

Word count: 2724

Sorry if the story is slow, But I prefer taking my time, especially because this fanfic is more about The main character's journey to rediscovering feelings and also his connections with the side characters, wanted to post two chapters today but the next chapter was unsatisfying to me so will be re writing it

I will try to hasten it a bit more if you want but no promises

Also changed the previous end brackets with letter OOO, as In fan fiction. Net it erases it

13