Chapter 5: How Fun! Politics in a Kid’s Birthday Party
150 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

OOO

"Family isn't always blood, It's the people in your life who wants you in theirs, The ones who would do Anything to see you Smile and Who loves you No matter what" -Unknown

OOO

Today January 4th of 2101, is The twin's First birthday, it's a joyous occasion but Masamune had other thoughts

He let out a sigh, it would certainly look odd if a baby did that but it didn't matter to him for he was truly feeling somewhat pensive right now, Simply because he could see his mother making sure everything is perfect for their birthday.

It wouldn't have been an issue if she wasn't finding fault in even the smallest decoration, it would have been understandable if his mom was worrying about it because the decorations are extremely expensive but no, she is worried about her one-year-old kids of all will dislike it and be sad, even though her kids simply wanted to spend time with her.

But its not like she wasn't thinking the same, she even went to the point that she suggested not inviting anyone, because she didn't wanna let those distasteful 'guests' pollute the air her kids breathed in but more so because she wanted to spend more time with her kids even if she does it daily, to the point she works from home now.

His Aunt though had to convince his mom to invite those 'guests', after all, politics is more complicated than it seems, at the end even after that his mom didn't care, to which he sighed at the thought of it, although he would agree with her approach if he was already in an adult body currently, it's not optimal, due to his sister's safety.

But in the end, she relented although she added the condition only families who have a kid or are expecting a kid soon will be invited, She wanted to at least filter out most of the snakes who will try to cause disturbance to her kids

Her other reasoning as a mother also told her, families with kids will be less likely to utilize politics in this event more as a respect to her, but she knows they would likely tell their kids to get close to her kids, so although she was still somewhat afraid Her kids will be tricked into their politics, she nonetheless had faith in her kids, especially her son.

who have shown a dangerous degree of intellect, that both made her feel extremely proud but also Anxious as she knows if they find out about her son, they will try to eliminate him by any means possible, they already witnessed what she could achieve in such a short time, now if they add her kids into the mix, they will realize how much of a threat this family could cause potential.

Unfortunately for them, they haven't noticed it yet, Mostly because of their sheer arrogance that everything is under their control and also because they haven't received any alarming news that is noteworthy since Ayaka is very cautious and restrictive on what information could be leaked but alas there is bound to be cautious people even in the enemy team after all.

But even then they are less likely to find concrete evidence indicating the danger of this family, merely because of how cautious a baby named Masamune is, Even if he is enjoying his time, he behaves cautiously, everything is calculated, He only behaves truly abnormally around his mom and aunt, if there is someone else in the room, he would act like a baby who is just smart for his age.

His mom and aunt when they noticed this behavior pattern found it odd but they chalk it up to him being shy and withdrawn around people who he doesn't trust, Although His Sister usually imitates him, He did manage to make her understand she could only trust him, his mom and his aunt.

He used the games they played and some words, and gestures to slowly make his sister understand those, for example, He utilized the very basic understanding of chess pieces that his sister already understands to indicate the importance of everyone they ever saw and other such games like shogi.

Thankfully his sister is very smart and she understood it quickly although  It did cause her to indirectly presume everyone's values in a game-like manner, ironically slowly becoming in ways similar to Shiro.

Masamune did manage to distract his mom from her unnecessary worries by utilizing his and his sister's cuteness, he didn't want her to feel any sort of negative emotions, especially because he has slowly come to accept her as his mom, although he did feel, his new mother is vaguely similar to his mom of previous life, it made him suspicious but he concurs.

he would happily accept if this is his mom who decided to reincarnate without memories, S.S. (Superior sage) Did conclude that it is plausible but she doesn't know enough about his previous mom to make an accurate prediction.

Soon it was evening and guests started arriving, she didn't wanna receive them at the door but she had to unfortunately because of the so-called elitist manners and it was more so prominent in the country of Japan.

In a timeline where Conglomerates rule over the masses, Japan's Culture of showing respect to their superiors and elders has morphed into something they exploited to be at the top, It was ingrained into the society of Japan more deeply than ever before.

But that didn't apply to Ayaka, merely because even though the guests were influential and powerful people, they simply couldn't compare to a colossal giant of a law firm, Only the Huge Conglomerates could cause any meaningful harm to this giant.

Although everyone still acted humbled yet elegantly with refined well-calculated actions, there was no need to truly flaunt each other's powers or connections, they already knew what each one of them is capable of, and if someone didn't they would only appear as a fool.

Each of them could easily influence a country merely by a call, even the least powerful here could at least cause ripples to multiple cities.

but the truly powerful ones, the huge conglomerates, shape what happens on this planet and that is exactly why they were authoritative enough to send their representatives instead of coming themselves.

But no one spoke against that, having even a representative visit them would be both a blessing and a curse that many of them here wouldn't experience in their lifetime, only the elites of elites get this privilege.

So although The birthday party was harmonious, there was a hidden tension in the air, As everyone was trying to be on their best behavior, this lasted for a while until the Host of this show greeted the representatives and guided them to another room.

There were in total Six representatives of both genders and each from a different continent that was ruled by the six leading huge conglomerates, They called themselves 'The Summit of Nexus'.

Russia, Canada, New America, Africa, Europe, Australia, and finally Asia.

The continents have changed drastically due to Antarctica, unfortunately melting away so much it shrunk a lot which raised the water levels, that however led to new land With resources being discovered which was later Taken over by America, Russia, and Australia due to their proximity

Russia's Government dissolved as a new form of communism was spread, it rapidly rose to popularity and economic power as the snow that once covered this colossal revealed a bountiful amount of resources which the conglomerate behind it utilized to gain more land and finally declared itself as a continent.

That new communism soon reached Canada and it resonated with them a lot, which caused the start of many events which ultimately led them to take over most of the U.S.A thus being able to claim itself as a continent as well, America never saw it coming unfortunately as they were facing a civil war due to yet again a rigged election

They did manage to recover as Canada wasn't too harsh, so they moved to the south claiming it as their own ironically finished building a wall against their previous land.

In all this chaos, the middle east was like a paradise, a beacon of hope, however, didn't last long before the huge conglomerates banded together to get rid of this anomaly, Thus they showed the first of many corporations, and behold it was erased from this world, only to be remembered as a fairy tale similar to el dorado and so on

They however failed to erase it all however as some survivors escaped to Africa, Their minds filled with resentment, they slowly plotted and seeded Sparks of Revolution and hope in the continent of Africa when the world was at its worst, a dictator rose to power, finally Tapping into its true potential and rising to power as a global superpower, that too however didn't last long when the newest conglomerate silently took it over and become the sixth huge conglomerate.

Only Europe, Australia, and Asia were somewhat calm, Nothing noteworthy happened other than Their respective Huge conglomerates took over it as well.

Ayaka let out a sigh, Thankfully they didn't seem to care about her kids, They ignored everything and directly started discussing among themselves as she was promptly dismissed after asking some questions, there were servants assigned to that room who would take care of everything they wanted.

She then tried to find her kids when she saw kids gathered around the twins as they tried to make the twins laugh or make them say their names, Masamune was having fun mispronouncing their names as they were making frustrated faces he even laughed sometimes, thankfully his aunt was next to him and his sister or they might have resorted to something immature that they would regret later.

She inwardly smiled as she went to them and brought the twins on her lap, as the kids scattered across the mansion as she finally had some alone time with her kids.

She saw her son contemplating with a bit of disappointment, She thought he got bored so she asked with a whisper "Do you want to cut the cake now, sweety?" in case someone was nearby.

"Ywes" Masamune said after looking at His sister who was also bored, so he was hugged as Ayaka motioned a maid to come closer

When the maid arrived, "Go tell the chefs to bring out the cake" Ayaka said

The maid nodded and then quickly left, as Ayaka went to the middle of the hall with the twins in a baby carrier and then announced that the Cake will be cut in some time, as people gathered in the hall, a big cake entered the hall.

Everyone was awe-struck by the sheer size of it, it was taller than everyone in this room, with the tallest person being above 6'6 feet, it was wide enough to fit three people of average size, and it was dressed like a traditional Japanese mansion.

It would seem odd if they weren't surprised, especially when it was stated by Ayaka it was an authentic Cake after all, the Ingredients to bake such a Delicacy were considered a privilege of the elites, Even most people here would need to spend a considerable amount of their money to get hold of some of the ingredients even then they would need connections in the right places.

Masamune almost broke his act of a cute adorable smart baby due to how dumbfounded he felt seeing those people looking at this as if it's the rarest gem to ever exist. Thankfully nobody noticed him.

he knew from reading Overlord, how hard it was to get even eggs, ordinary people survived by taking in nutrition packs labeled as meals, he once starved to death in his past life, so he knows to appreciate food but this was on a completely new height, He would describe it as when he found water in a dessert after nearly dehydrating to death.

Masamune nodded with nostalgia from those 'fond' memories of his, Which his mom mistook it as him approving of the cake, so she celebrated inside her head by jumping and punching in the air, She was relieved and delighted especially when she saw even shouri was awestruck, she could tell from those glowing eyes.

Soon, when everyone was done almost worshiping it with their eyes including the representatives, The twin blew out the holographic wind-sensitive candles in front of the cake and everyone clapped while some wished the twins happy birthday, mostly the ones who had the same parent recently.

The after-party was more lively and joyous as everyone ate this luxurious delicacy that they rarely ever come across, they praised the taste, it was so divine it made some people even cry even if it made them look bad, but no one minded that, as they were busy eating and having a conversation.

Masamune found it tasty but he ever was a sweet lover in the first place even though he has tried many sorts of foods in his previous life in different styles of cooking, this was his first solid food here, as before he was fed either milk or soup like dishes with not much taste.

Soon the birthday party came to an end, and guests started leaving after thanking Ayaka, When everyone was gone, she let out an exhausted sigh, It was tiring to her but at least she managed to host a good birthday party for her kids.

As She walked inside the mansion, she soon reached where she left her secretary and her kids, But she saw Hasumi standing outside the door, before she could ask about it, Hasumi moved quickly and went behind her then put her hands over Ayaka's eyes

"Hasumi, what's this about?" Ayaka asked confusedly as she found her behavior odd

"You will find out soon, now let's enter the room," hasumi said With a smile, not that Ayaka could see that but she vaguely assumed she was smiling.

When they were inside, Hasumi led Ayaka to sit on a sofa and soon removed her hands, Ayaka slowly opened her eyes and when she did she saw An adorable heartwarming scene that caused her to affectionally smile.

She saw the twins sitting on the floor in a stylish matching set of clothes while hugging each other while a sentence which was boldly being projected and stated over their dress

 'OUR BELOVED SWEET MOTHER, SECOND TO NONE!'

that caused her to giggle a little as her eyes moisture, But before she could say anything the twin with a little support from Kasumi stood up and slowly albeit a bit wobbly took steps towards her.

She was worried for a second but when she looked at their face, she knew they were doing this for her, it caused her to steel as she smiled and said "You can do it! I believe in you! Just a little closer" in a small shouting tone as she encouraged them.

And after some time and struggled they managed to reach their mother, and when they did, they all embraced in a warm hug, Hasumi looked at this and smiled, shaking her head she intended to live so she could give them some space as she turned around she heard a voice sharply asking "Where do you think you are going?"

She was stunned and before she could come up with a reply she heard a familiar voice saying in a reprimanding tone "Shouldn't you be joining us already?!?"

When she registered what was said, Her heart cramped up, and her throat felt like it was in pain, wanting to tell them, she wanted to but again, she hesitated she didn't wanna ruin their family moment with her filthy existence, so she didn't want taint-"Jeez, just come already, You have always been part of our family" The voice sweetly stated.

She looked at them with her eyes which she didn't know were already watery and tears wear flowing from them as if she was waiting for a push she heard a cute voice say "Awunt, hug!"

As she looked at the twins, they were spreading their arms towards her, That was the push she needed, thus she walked to them and finally joined their hug, as silently she cried, not because she was sad but for the first time in her life she felt connected, cherish and loved.

Masamune watched all this happen with his deep eyes of vast wisdom and controlled intent, as Thousands of thoughts ran through him, but ignored them and focused on the hug... For now.

After all, Family comes before anything else.

OOO

Word count: 2771

Personally, I liked it, although I wanted to show Hasumi's Pov first or narrate her story first but I felt like as a reader I wouldn't connect with that too much but I might be more interested to learn more about her if I saw a chapter or so where she is suffering and something

Also sorry if you find these sorts of chapters cringe, I can't do anything other than improve myself so I can one day make you feel emotional reading my chapters

One of my hidden desires is to make a chapter that will connect with the reader deeply that it will make them cry, exactly why One Piece is my favorite,

that sounds sadistic now that I think about it... Damn Oda might be a sadist as well lol, oh well let me know what you guys think

and also join my discord server, mainly because I will be doing polls to decide many things related to my story's directions, Characters you might want me to add either as a person or NPC, after all, one of the main reasons l chose Overlord is because of the power to create NPCs

Especially when I have an interesting way to implement them, to make them more alive even before the transfer-oh oops spoiler tehee~

Anyways

Discord link-  
https://discord.gg/b7P23h894H

Or https://discord.gg/ b7P23h894H

In case it doesn't show up

8