Chapter 6: Tick… Tock… Tick… Tock…
137 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

OOO

"The two Most powerful warriors are Patience and Time"- Leo Tolstoy

OOO

Merely a few months passed as April came by, The twins slowly started moving around with their legs as either their Aunt or mom was there to help them, Ayaka had to go travel around a week or so, to check up on the other International offices.

Masamune already learned about when his aunt and mom's birthday are, so He planned to surprise his mom with a party, so while his mom was away he planned with his aunt, he merely utilized the method of text to convey his intentions.

He kept the party simple knowing the elites here typically don't celebrate their birthdays unless they were already old and retired since they were typically busy with their businesses and such to care about such inconveniences
 

Normal people do celebrate such occasions but mostly for their kids if they cared for them and they can't afford to buy something expensive they usually will be content with an extra nutrition meal pack that has tastes mixed with it.

Masamune at first wanted to Introduce a dish according to his mom's tastebuds but he quickly denied that possibility for now, behaving so smart as a baby already is considered abnormal if he suddenly started introducing dishes and such at such an age they might just exorcist him as a demon, although that sounds like a fun prank...

But alas Masamune managed to contain himself before he does something when he is in a precarious spot, He signed at such a missed opportunity as thus, he instead told his aunt to order etc things, the only thing he could personally do for now is draw  

Which thankfully he prepared beforehand for, before he knew their birthdays, He started showing interest in painting, etc things, when he 'accidentally' Discovered a drawing app in the pad he and his sister uses, so they wouldn't expect it

Although the painting seems insignificant but he is sure his mom will love the small gestures, he inwardly grumbled he couldn't gift her one of his inventions, but alas that's for the future him to worry about.

And so the preparations rapidly took place, as the whole mansion secretly plan for a small birthday party for their mistress, The reason they were told is, Ayaka's baby kids wanted to celebrate a birthday that they celebrated a few months ago, which they thought was adorable and didn't find it as weird.

Soon Ayaka Arrived home, she couldn't wait to finally return to her adorable babies, although they saw each other via video calls often but still, she would rather spend time with them by physically being there, especially when she saw how they missed her.

But when she entered and found the whole mansion quiet it made her confused as she remembers telling them this morning that she will arrive today, it alarmed her somewhat so she called Hasumi.

"Hasumi, are you outside with my marshmallows? Why is there no one inside the house?" She asked, hoping nothing bad happened.

"Well, Masamune and shouri wanted to surprise you, we are currently in the living room, Please do come quickly" Hasume replied with an odd tone, which did make her frown a bit but none she went inside.

Mainly because Hasumi didn't Reply with any of the secret sentences or words between them that would indicate she is in danger.

Although this method isn't safe proof against a prepared imposter that's something only Masamune would be more cautious about.

When she reached the room's Door, she hesitated a bit but she nonetheless opened it, And then she heard multiple voices shouting a variant of "Happy birthday" while adding miss or mistress, etc honorary titles before it.

That did cause her to smile sweetly as she realized it was her birthday, she didn't celebrate it since when her mother died and her father started to neglect her happiness while being busy with his business, she shook her head to get rid of those thoughts as she walked inside.

Soon there was a small party going around, although the servants were acting stiff, trying to be professional they loosened up seeing how the family of four was enjoying it and even urge them to join it.

Then after the party, it was time for the cake, well it was more of a pancake since Ayaka preferred that most, of each of the pancakes, can be viewed as a well-drawn pegasus sitting on what seemed to be marked indicating its grassland as synthetic honey was spread over it, make it seem more moist and delicious.

Although there was actual 'honey' available but even for this family it would be very costly and hard to buy, as it was extremely regulated after bees went extinct.

Soon it was time for presents, Ayaka Received many Pieces of Drawings of either her and her kids, them riding on the back of a pegasus, having a picnic under a Clean blue sky, as a tree gives them shadow, it made her smile albeit bitterly since she knew a clear sky couldn't appear in this desolate world, but she nonetheless accepted it since it was drawn by her adorable talented kids.

And when she thought that was it she saw the twins nod at each other and then almost at the same said "We love you, Mom, thank you for taking care of us She was stunned along with everyone in the room, since this was the first time they ever said a long sentence, they usually only kept it to words and gestures.

She smiled blissfully as she hugged them, it was truly a special day for her  

Time yet again moved quickly, it was the month of September and Hasumi's birthday, She was deeply touched by this gesture so much she cried a lot, especially when She saw the gift from Masamune, It was a customized set of pieces, inside Each piece was a well-drawn holographic picture of them together like a family portrait.

The other function of the pieces is when they were put together like a puzzle, it would show a holographic drawn animation of them hugging, it was also drawn by Masamune, that vividly portrayed the moment when they hugged on his and his sister's birthday.

The pieces each looked different, Ayaka got a small chain necklace that looked like a tiny pegasus, Hasumi got a ring that looked like a mermaid as the tail wrapped around the finger, and Masamune's is an earring that looked like slime with biddy eyes and waving tendrils as if it was saying hi, While Shouri got a bracelet which had a figure with mechanical wings vaguely similar to an ex-machina from no game no life anime.

Unfortunately, Masamune and Shouri were forbidden from wearing them as they were too big for them, which Masamune already knew as he wanted them to be that size.

Masamune was able to draw and animate Due to S.S. (Superior sage), as she recorded that moment and even their faces deeply and also helped him draw by taking control of his hands to make them more steady, It was truly a marveling technology.

By now, He has already explored everything in the pads he and his sister uses, although parental control was active, He still managed to find ways to explore the pad simply because he clicked in a 'Randomized manner' that would register as a mistap.

 Thus it took some time for the pad to reset him to the main screen when he got dangerously close to some settings that were truly off-limits but alas that wouldn't stop the enigmatic S.S who has recorded, analyzed, and optimized it.

And behold! Parental controls were deactivated well at least until his mom or aunt would be notified and they would fix it, Thankfully he planned it well and managed to quickly explore everything even the no-no zones as S.S already planned an automated program of movements which rapidly responded so fast the pad had to sadly reboot its UI system.

Thus covering his tracks and putting all blame on the device being faulty, S.S now knows everything about this pad, Kudos to her soul form, although it did numb his fingers for a while, he concurs, so S.S confirmed that there is no external third party monitoring him via the pods mostly because it was custom made.

It didn't make him feel relief however instead it caused him to frown, because, no way in hell, a corporation isn't collecting data, that's their instinct as a capitalist business to sell the private information of their users to gain more inflated useless numbers, especially in this timeline where the capitalists in a true sense control the world.

Although S.S clarified quickly seeing his frown that only the Device itself isn't collecting data the var various on it is they are behaving in a restrictive manner, which made Masamune deeply think of the reason behind it.

Then he just shrugged, there's no rush, he will find out soon, they got a brand new pad instead with the same apps, etc, he tried to experiment with the apps now, especially the drawing app, after slowly testing it out, he managed to find a loophole which is it wouldn't transfer data to online servers as long as the pad wasn't connected to any wifi and such, it's a loophole because he found a way to completely erase what was stored in that app.

That He utilized along with the pad's built-in save function, to slowly draw them, and finally when the piece set arrived, he transferred it, he was cautious enough to specify what should be in it to his mom, such as no wireless connection, it would need to be plugged into a device for it transfer data and so on.

All because he wanted to surprise his family with such an emotional gift that they will feel deeply touched and connected to him, he knew it would work based on what he and S.S. has perceived and analyzed so far, he was glad it was successful even if it took months.

Time truly never stops for any mortal, as months went by and the twins entered the second year of their life, it was filled with bonding moments yet slowly their mom started to return to her routine of work more.

Although she was reluctant she needed to stay ahead of the industry, for themselves, as she knows the horrors people face who aren't already at their level, especially when companies hold grudges and such due to her law firm taking a case against them.

The twins thankfully were smart enough to understand that, well at least Masamune, his sister, however, was saddened, thankfully she had her brother all the time to play and spend time with her, so they grew even closer.
 

Due to that For some time, hints of Distant formed between Ayaka and her daughter, thankfully Masamune noticed it so he tried to mend it before it was too late.

After all no matter how smart a kid is, if they aren't a reincarnation, they will inevitably feel lonely and distant from their once-loving parents, causing a rift of pent-up emotions, Masamune didn't want that, especially since he slowly came to care about them.

So he planned and subtly suggested various activities that they could do together to create fond memories, such as a small barbeque picnic party in the backyard, it was especially memorable since both his mom and aunt couldn't cook and almost burned the meats, which thankfully they had the logical conclusion to keep their personal chef nearby, who managed to save it.

When Ayaka and hasumi saw the disappointed look in their kid's eyes and how they mumbled they wanted to eat food cooked by their mom and aunt it caused a desire to ignite inside them to learn how to cook so they can cook for the kids.

She however didn't know the twins were merely acting, as they could communicate telepathically via the soul corridor due to Shouri's skill that is linked to S.S.

Masamune already can communicate with His sister via the soul corridor when they turned 2, at first his sister was confused and even asked him directly if he just spoke.

To Masamune, it was priceless seeing the confused and curious look on shouri, as she quickly got used to it and even started speaking via their soul corridor.

Although it was a surprise when Masamune realized his sister talks more via that than vocals, she even quickly learned how to speak Japanese fluently, but that's to be expected since they aren't using their vocal cords to speak.

Another noteworthy memory was when he and his family colored an entire room with paintings and drawings, mostly because they used actual paints.
 

It turned messy really quickly when Masamune mischievously dropped a paint bucket and then covered it on his hands and feet while running around the room as he was laughing like a maniac although it sounded adorable to the adults since he was still a two-and-half-year-old baby.

When his and aunt tried to stop him, he immediately told shouri to do the same as him and thus two adults moved around trying to catch two toddlers running chaotically while painting the whole room colorful.

When Masamune was 'caught' because they 'cornered him', he simply replied with a failed attempt to make his voice sound deeper "Mother... Aunt...Seize your struggles against this demon lord and Join the dark side!" as the adults in the room were cackling up due to this.

Masamune cleverly strikes yet again with a pincer attack due to shouri who left a hand print of paints on their pants from behind and when they tried to turn around in shock, he did the same while making a swift escape and thus the alliance was formed as they tried to resist the forces of evil, lead by the overlord Masamune and the second in command Shouri.

Even the servants standing nearby slowly joined in, coarse and tempted by the adorable little demon lord and the righteous heroic leader of the alliance.

Even to this day when the twins already turned four, The servants of the mansion still fondly remember it, it was truly a glorious battle.

But alas peace doesn't always last long unless there is a competent ruler, thus soon the many problems of life will come knocking at the twin's peaceful life as they slowly become older.

It would be an interesting story to tell, but that's for another time, for now, it's time for the Prince and Princess to leave their shelter as they finally discovered that bittersweet connection called friendship.

But it wouldn't be Masamune if he wasn't ready for even that, after all even the most ignorant will know an urban legend for it states.

"BEAWARE of the Greedy dictator, not because of his army, not because he is powerful, but simply because he is ALWAYS Prepared...".

OOO

Word count: 2506

Well, that marks the end of this short monologue of their babyhood, idk if that's a word but, soon the actual story will start, I will be focusing more on The mc's pov from now on.

But if you wanna see other peoples pov do let me know, as the next chapter will either be the pov from Ayaka or Kasumi whichever you want to read

Oh also don't expect a chapter tomorrow, I will likely take a break for a day to read stories, more for my brain to relax,

My schedule is 6 chapters per week, which is unless I feel like posting an extra chapter

I also found a plot hole thanks to a reader on Wattpad named 'The versal studios', thanks if you are reading this :), he also stated my explanations of the continents were hilarious and only America was believable, I did explain to him what I intended and he said that sounded more refined, so if you have any questions regarding that, do let me know, I will answer it

 Or join my discord server to ask there

Discord link:- https://discord.gg/b7P23h894H

8