Eternal Lovers: Chapter 12
931 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The gathering crowd soon became convinced of Lei Jun’s heritage as they started whispering among one another. This frightened the guards as they started to think over their decision about not letting the young man in, soon became convinced they had made a grave mistake. Quickly one of them ran to report to the emperor about the strange pair at the gate. And like Song Shai had expected, it was not long before Lei Jun was  ushered in by the guards acting all warm and friendly contrary to their previous arrogant selves. 

 

Quickly they ushered Jun into the gates forgetting about the young lady who had accompanied him, thinking her to only be a bystander.

 

 Song Shai didn’t mind though, this was better for her actually as she had never even intended to follow Jun this far. Rather she hoped he could become more independent and slowly start to forget about her...

 

Just as Song Shai was about to be left in the dust Lei Jun quickly turned around grabbing Song Shai hand. His eyes looked slightly angry as he looked at Song Shai with eyes that questioned, why didn’t you follow right behind me?!

 

“She is my companion, she comes too or I don’t!” Jun Quickly spoke up to the guards

 

“B-but the emperor only sent for yo-” Before the guards could speak, Lei Jun sent the guards an icy glare filled with killing intent while Song Shai was not looking. After all, he had already gone through so much negotiating to make Song Shai come with him, he wasn’t going to have anyone mess that up! She had to stay by his side at all times. This lead to the guards immediately being quiet as both Lei Jun and Song Shai went through the gates. 

 

Upon entering, the two were lead by the guards into the enormous palace and towards the emperor's courtroom. But before entering Song Shai stood to the side, letting go of Le Jun's tight grip. As he looked at her with hurt eyes. 

 

“You are no longer a child, you can do this alone. I will patiently wait here till you are done.”

 

“B-but you promised…”

 

“And I have fulfilled my end of the bargain, I only said I would accompany you and I have done that much. Your right outside the emperor's door, so don’t make him wait. That’s an Order.” Before, Le Jun could say anything Song Shai emotionlessly said the last part with a bit more edge as her eyes showed no room for arguing. Although Lei Jun's soul shook as he looked into Song Shai piercing dark, misty eyes, he could not defy her as she had said it was an order. Lifelessly he walked into the emperors courtroom while Song Shai stayed behind.

20