Eternal Lovers: Chapter 9
982 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why! Why won’t you listen to reason?! I...I don’t want you to get...get hurt.” Lei Jun hopelessly yelled as he finally broke. 

 

Within these few years he had not meant to grow too attached to Song Shai, he tried to maintain a relationship purely of servant and master. Yet Song Shai always got in his way, disrupting his plans. Even the simple way in which she hungrily ate up all the food he made her slowly made his heart feel strange. She never asked for much but instead always put him first, at first he believed her to have some sort of hidden intentions yet, the more he got to know her the more he felt he was wrong. Even if she did, he could feel no malice or harm directed towards him. Leading him to become quite complexed by Song Shai, to the point where, unbeknownst to him, she already held a special place in his heart. So the idea that she could get hurt and one day leave him deeply scared him...

 

“You mean you don’t want me to die… like your family?” Song Shai emotionlessly interrupted his thoughts while looking towards the still adolescent boy.

 

“How, how do you know that?!” Lei Jun asked with a shocked face. He had never told Song Shai about his past. Although he trusted Song Shai, something deep within his soul still held him back from completely giving himself up. He thought by withholding certain information, he would have the upper hand and his heart would not be swept along to Song Shais pace. Little did he know, even if he wanted to shield his poor, torn, cold heart, he had already been too deeply affected by Song Shais unintentional warmth. 

 

“Ehem, I’ve known for a long time now. That’s not important though, I guess I should tell you why I have continued to visit the gambling house...It’s all in order to fulfill our agreement. In order to destroy this cruel world we must first start at its roots, which is where the Lei family comes in. Due to my investigation I was finally able to learn who killed your entire family. Although your uncle seemed the likely culprit, it was instead Ling An, the current right hand of the emperor. I learned that after your fathers death, Ling An quickly swooped in becoming the next man closest to the emperor, taking your father's position. Afterwards he went on to investigate your families brutal murder, claiming that he could not rest until the one behind it was found. This lead him to pin all the blame onto your uncle, because he had proof that your uncle murdered your youngest half brother, he claimed that your uncle must have also sent an assassin to murder the entire family. His reasoning was convincing enough to move the court into pushing for your uncles execution. He did all this in order to shift the blame and cut all loose threads pointing to him. And now that we know all this, we can finally make our move.” 

 

Lei Jun was shocked upon hearing all Song Shai had to say, he had definitely suspected his uncle never thinking it could not be anyone else. However, learning of Ling An’s involvement truly shocked him. Although he had never truly known his father, he did know that Ling An had been a close friend to his father long before Lei Jun was born. 

 

Thinking about everything Song Shai had said, Lei Jun could only think about how cruel and greedy humans were willing to betray and sacrifice one another just for monetary gains, his eyes began to burn with a deep hatred that filled his soul as he forgot his surroundings and started to feel liquid drip down his hard clenched fists. Suddenly he felt the warm hand of another. 

 

“Be calm, be still, there’s no use hurting yourself over others wrongdoing.” Song Shai said in a monotone voice that somehow had a hidden soothing element as she patted Lei Jun’s head. Unconsciously he looked up to see her bright dark eyes, and as he stared deep within them, he noticed something he had never seen before. Her eyes were dark and unreadable but he could see no greed, lust, or envy reflected in them, they were truly pure dark and emotionless. Her eyes displayed a soul that was truly unlike any human he had ever seen, again his beliefs were reaffirmed, she truly was the only person in the entire world who was pure, and the only person he could trust.

 

Unconsciously he let go of his bleeding fists giving a small nod of acknowledgement to her previous words as he embraced Song Shai burying his face into her neck. Song Shai was confused and unable to process what was happening as she felt warm tears slowly spread onto her skin. 

 

Although this boy has grown stronger and taller, he is still just a child. I suppose I am truly the weird one though, I unconsciously comforted him, really, what kind of a villain am I. Song Shai lamented in her head, as she continued to let the boy hug her, awkwardly standing there not knowing what to do. 

 

*10 minuets later

The Villain: "How long is this hug going to last?"

Jun: in a small whisper "Forever"

The Villain: "What did you say?"

Jun: Innocently smiling "Nothing"

19