Eternal Lovers: Chapter 11
947 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Le Jun prepared a light but delicious breakfast before the two left for the palace.

 

Upon walking to the gates the guards stopped them in their tracks.

 

“Freeze, what business do you have entering the royal palace?” 

 

“We come for urgent business with the emperor!” Lei Jun boldly and loudly spoke, drawing in a crowd just as Song Shai had commanded.

 

“Haha, and why would the Emperor want to see a bunch of kids?” The guards rudely laughed and were joined in by passing street folk who were listening in on the conversation. After all, not just anyone could see the emperor, especially a pair of juveniles.

 

“I am the eldest son of the Lei Family, son of Master Lei. My late Father was the former right hand man to the emperor!” Lei Jun again boldly loudly declared, his dark eyes shining as he gave a dark smile. Those passing by could not help to listen in and immediately become surprised. They had all heard of the former prestigious Lei family. Moreover, who didn’t know of Master Lei, the former emperor's right hand man, he had been young, handsome and wise, gaining a lot of attention in his time, it was truly a shame that he died before his prime. But to hear that he still had an eldest son living, everyone was shocked as they continued to listen in. 

 

“Y-you… that name has long been dead, there are no such ties left, you must be lying!” One of the guards quickly spat out in a furry.

 

“Oh really, if the emperor were to hear that you turned down the real son of Master Lei, do you think you would get away with your heads? Besides, my appearance is not enough to prove my lineage?” 

 

The crowds looked on at the interesting scene, it was true they had all heard of the Lei family massacre, it was thought that no one survived. Yet there was also a lesser known rumor that at the time the eldest child of the Lei family had escaped with his life after narrowly managing to kill the assassin, however what became of him after that was unknown. Many just thought it was a crazy rumor at the time, after all, how could a mere child of six take down a fully trained assassin who had managed to kill the guards and the entire family. Still as the crowd looked towards the male youths deep, dark, black eyes, with a strange glint in them, they suddenly became swayed into believing that maybe if it was this youth, it had been possible. His appearance that shared a strong resemblance to the late Master Lei could also not be overlooked, further swaying the crowd.

 

Seeing this Song Shai became satisfied, even if they were unable to get past the gates today, rumor would surely spread to the emperor making him curious enough to let them in the next time they came. 

 

Looking at how Lei Jun had performed, Song Shai so far was satisfied. He had perfectly followed her plans, she had told him that he must be loud and bold, only then would his voice bring in curious listeners. After which the people would do the rest in spreading rumors.

Although the task seemed easy in theory, it still required a certain charismatic approach paralleled with a striking look that would draw in the crowd. For example, even though she had never seen Lei Jun's father she was able to find a few paintings. After doing her research she dressed Lei jun accordingly in order to look similar to further convince the people.

Everything worked out perfectly and now as Song Shai looked at Lei Jun she could not help thinking how much older and masculine he had become. When she had first met him, he had been scrawny, beat up and and on the verge of death, looking a lot younger than his age. But now, he just barely reached the age of fourteen, in this world he was old enough for marriage, and he certainly looked the part. His shoulders were now broad while his skin held a nice tan glow and his dark hair hung perfectly to frame his sculpted face. And although she had always been taller than him, he recently shot up becoming 8 inches taller. In a few more years he would become even more handsome.

This helped reassure Song Shai as she thought about finding him a good partner before she left.

 

Hope you are enjoying the read so far, if so please add this story to your reading list it would really help motivate me ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ᕤ

17