Eternal Lovers: Chapter 17
938 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Le Jun.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Soon there will be a man visiting our home.”

 

Lei Jun's immediately frowned, while his eyes swirled with darkness.

 

“Who is he and why is he coming?” 

 

“He is my fiance and I cannot tell you why he is coming, just that when he comes, be ready to let him into the house with open arms.” Song Shai said emotionlessly as though it wasn’t big news. However to Lei Jun it was huge news.

 

In all their time living together, there had never been any mention of a fiance before. If Le Jun had been able to grow up and continue to be tutored, he would have later learned that every dignified family already had fiances prepared for their kids when they were still young. Yet Lei Jun had unfortunately never been taught such matters so he never even suspected Song Shai already to be engaged to another man. Strangely enough, after hearing the news a new unknown feeling boiled inside of Lei Jun as unbeknownst to him his eyes held a slight glint of killing intent. Thoughts of making this new fiance “disappear” swirled in his mind. He thought about the new concept of love he had just learned and wondered if perhaps Song Shai felt it towards the unknown man. Thinking this, the unknown dark feeling within him only intensified. If she really did love him what would he do? The atmosphere grew increasingly hard to breath in as Jun’s thoughts turned darker and darker, any normal person would have choked under the strange pressure however, the Villain who was not normal paid no mind.

 

“Do you love him?!” Finally Lei Jun spoke, him lips working faster than his mind. 

 

“No.” Song Shai quickly and emotionlessly spoke as she gave a quick blink unknowingly, quelling the deep darkness in Juns soul. Looking at Song Shai, Lei Jun felt relieved. Living with Song Shai, although she was emotionless, Lei Jun had picked up many things. The quick blink just then let Lei Jun know she was slightly confused at his question, meaning she was answering it truthfully. Still Jun was not completely settled as another question broke loose in his mind.

 

“Then what am I to you?” As he felt the words spill out of his soul. Upon hearing his own words, he became deeply confused, why had he just asked such a thing? What did he even want the answer to be? 

 

Lei Jun truly was pure in regards to matters that involved love. Although he knew what a fiance, marriage and lovers were in theory, he was still oblivious to the concept. For him, he was never able to feel anything other than disgust and hate for other humans. Song Shai was the only person his soul felt differently about. So he truly couldn’t understand his strong feelings for the girl. He only knew he wanted to stay by her side. So when he asked what he was to her. He couldn't really fathom her answer to him as he himself didn’t know what he felt for her.

 

“Hmmm…” Upon hearing his question, for the first time in decades, the villain became stumped. The boy was an existence unlike any she had encountered but still she would have to leave him, for if she didn’t, like everyone else she had ever know or trusted, he would one day abandon or betray her. So long ago she had decided to not invest too much energy into other humans. Lei Jun was the exception though, upon meeting him, his eyes glowed with a sense of life and hatred which had stirred something deep within her soul. Immediately she had decided to forsake her role as the villain in order to raise the young boy and help him destroy the cruel world. But it’s not like she cared for the boy, no, his eyes just drew her in awakening a hatred she had long ago buried for the foreign deity that had condemned her to her fate. That... that was all...no, maybe he was different, somehow he had managed to chip away at a very minuscule part of her stone heart. Maybe he was a…

 

“Friend?” Song Shai quietly spoke as she looked towards the ground unsure. As the villain, surprisingly she never lacked friends, it was just that, most of the time they were fake and ended up later betraying her, the rare times they stayed on her side till their death, they cursed her in their graves due to their foolishness. But Song Shai couldn’t deny Lei Jun's presence was like that of a friend. Although their relationship stemmed from that of a master and servant, Song Shai could not help but realize that they had become quite close these long few years. So she decided she would accept him as a friend. However Song Shai didn’t take the idea too seriously, after all, being a friend didn’t mean that they wouldn’t one day try to kill you or come to hate you. To her the word friend was a very loose term given only the slightest weight over enemy. To her there was a very slight way in dividing the two, an enemy would opening try to hurt and kill you while a friend would underhandedly do it. So when she called Jun a friend it was not a compliment but rather a speculation as she was still expecting the day for Lei Jun to poison her food or stab her in the back. 

 

On the other hand, even though Lei Jun didn’t know what Song Shai was thinking he should have been happy yet, upon hearing Song Shai reply to his question, his mood slightly darkened. A friend was a good thing however, he couldn't help feeling that it was not the answer his soul longed to hear.

 

As the both of them silently mused over there thoughts, they walked home in silence

 

Sorry for making the Villain so cruel (ー∀ー;) but she has experienced so many hardships. She has been betrayed so many times that her heart is truly a brick. For hundreds and hundreds of worlds she has been poisoned, beheaded, stabbed, shot, tortured and used to the point that even if she did start to develop feelings she would never admit it as that would leave her vulnerable. (almost like an extreme Tsundere ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯)  So I'm sorry to say but poor Jun is gonna suffer A LOT MORE at the hands of the Villain, if you hate that then be prepared or stop reading... Just Kidding Please Don't Stop Reading! .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

The Villain: emotionlessly "I'm not a Tsundere, I'm the Villain, Humph."

Jun: Looks lovingly at the Villain "Don't be mad my Love, I'll make you any food you like!"

The Villain. sighs "....Ok."

21