Eternal Lovers: Chapter 18
891 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Status report. Song Shai started looking over the newest information on the ML. After her letter to the general, the FL had been completely blocked from  reaching the ML, during that time, the General also stopped any financial backing that was left behind for the Ling family. 

 

Due to this, the Ling family became increasingly poor, all the while the ML believed he had been abandoned by the FL. Not realizing that she was being blocked from meeting him due to her father’s recent discovery of their relationship, the ML believed that Huā Měilì the FL had never truly loved him. All of this lead the ML to break. 

 

He had always been a rich cocky brat who played around, but for once in his life he experienced poverty and felt abandoned by the only woman he had ever fallen in love with. Realizing this, Ling Shun decided to take drastic measures, such as reaching out to his seemingly rich fiance he had long ago forgotten about. Song Shai knew that he would be arriving any day now as she prepared for his visit. 

 

In the meantime, Lei Jun was summoned to the palace by the emperor, he knew not why, but Song Shai had a faint idea. Although he hated the idea of going alone Song Shai had forced him.

 

I wonder if the food will be spicy or bitter tonight or… possibly both... The Villains emotionless eyes slightly shuddered but she knew it was for the best. 

After all, when they had first visited the palace, Song Shai had deeply prepared Lei Jun, making him look wise beyond his age with all the incriminating evidence to accuse Ling An with. She had had two reasons for this. 

 

One, so that he would be able to perfectly denounce Lei An and his lineage. Two, so that he would catch the emperor's attention. In Doing this, she hoped that the emperor would see his good qualities and appoint Lei Jun to work under him in the palace, after all, the spot for the emperor's right hand man had just opened up, and with Lei Jun's background, his father being the emperor's previous right hand man, his chances of stealing the spot or at least getting a significant position were high. 

 

Everything was going according to Song Shai plan, now she didn’t have to think about the boy in her absence. After all, in these past five years she had made sure to equip him with everything he would need. Song Shai made sure he could cook so he wouldn’t starve. She had reinstated his family name and allowed him to have a favorable impression from the emperor. She often taught him many things in order to grow his knowledge and understanding of the world so that he could handle any important position if he were to receive one in the future. From all the leftover money she had earned gambling, she had already bought a house that they would use after phase two was finished. And lastly even picked out a suitable fiance for him. Of course, she had not mentioned the last two things to Lei Jun and decided she wouldn’t until her plans were a little further along. 

 

At that moment, an unknown maid came knocking at her courtyard, seeing as Lei Jun had still not returned from his outing to the palace, Song Shai  went to answer the door. 

 

“Reporting to young Miss, Fiance Ling Shun has come to the gates and is requesting a visit with his fiance.”

 

“All right, I shall be out in a minute."

 

Idk if I did the progression of time good but it has already been 5 years (almost six) since Jun and the Villain met, so they have not just been together for a few nights. 

*That night

The Villian: "..."

Jun: With a seemingly innocent closed eye smile, "Why aren't you eating you're food?

The Villain: "Because it's..." She couldn't admit that she didn't like spicy and bitter food for then she would truly lose.

Jun: "hmmm...?"

The Villain: "Nothing... It's delicious..." 

Jun: Still Smiling " that's what I thought." 

20