Eternal Lovers: Chapter 19
887 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Reporting to young Miss, Fiance Ling Shun has come to the gates and is requesting a visit with his fiance.”

 

“All right, I shall be out in a minute.” Song Shai  emotionlessly replied while her eyes started to hold an evil glint befitting of a villain. She wore a simple bright gown that greatly complimented her dark black hair and eyes, then she quickly headed out.

 

“Hello, my fiance, it has been quite a while, do you finally wish to get married?” Song Shai innocently asked while her words had a hidden sense of mockery. After all, in this world men and women got married young, she could have been married off as young as fourteen, while now she was almost nineteen. To others, she was now past marriageable age, any longer and she would be looked at as an old spinster. Yet, Ling Shun, the ML of this world had paid no thought to this as he ignored his potential partner and instead played around with others in the time that they weren’t together. He only remembered her due to losing his family's wealth and status. 

 

“Haha you read my mind.” The ML said with a phony smile, not catching onto the hidden mockery layered in Song Shai voice. Instead he looked at Song Shai thinking he had just gotten really lucky. 

 

Before when they had met, her appearance was forgettable and below average, but now in her simple dress she looked quite stunning as her back stood straight holding an aura of dignity. Ling Shun had pursued many beauties in his life but often they wore extravagant clothes and makeup. Yet, Song Shai’s beauty was completely natural and fluent. Drawing one’s attention the more you looked. 

 

“Are you sure you still want to get married though?”

 

“Of course. Why wouldn't I want to marry you?”

 

“There is no one else in your heart?” 

 

The ML hesitated as though he were thinking about the female lead, but because he thought he had been abandoned by her and believed she was only after his previous money and status, he quickly shook his head. “No. You are the only one filled in my heart.”

 

“Ah, I see, then come right this way.” Song Shai spoke, giving a quick glance to the closest tree 12 meters away. In it sat the Huā Měilì who had heard everything. Just as expected, Song Shai’s plan was working perfectly. 

 

Yesterday she had gotten news that the ML would be visiting her, so in that time she had swiftly sent a letter to Huā Měilì making it look like it was written by Ling Shun. Song Shai had bribed the guards previously to allow her to send one message to Huā Měilì, thinking that it was a harmless message the guards readily received the bribe, allowing the message to safely reach Huā Měilì. In the message it told her that he (Ling Shun) wanting to see her, that she needed to see something important and that she must meet him in front of his fiance's estate, hidden, so that she could see what was going to happen. 

 

The FL knew Ling Shun had a fiance and although this hurt her heart, he had assured her that he felt no love for the unattractive lady and would break off his engagement as soon as he could convince his parents. Knowing pre-arranged marriages were very difficult to break, Huā Měilì silently waited for the day Ling Shun would solely belong to her. 

 

So upon receiving the letter, Huā Měilì immediately thought he was finally going to break his engagement off and propose to her. Song Shai knew that the FL would think this. Moreover, because the FL was the son of the nations strongest general, and also possessed the FL halo, Song Shai was certain she would find a way to break out of the guards patrol and come to the desired meeting place.The only thing Song Shai worried about was the female lead’s temper, because she was raised by a general, her personality was quite fiery, unlike many women in this time. It's what made the male lead fall in love with her, but it could also lead to all of Song Shai careful planning falling to ruin.

 

 She knew that the FL would not just simply go away after seeing Ling Shun with another woman. Instead she would likely get angry at Ling Shun and quickly confront him which would in turn lead them to talk it out and resolve any misunderstandings. That was why Song Shai swiftly ushered Ling Shun into her estate before the FL could blow. She then gave orders to the guards not to let anyone else into the estate. 

 

After walking a good bit into the estates courtyard where Song Shai was sure the FL would no longer be able to spy on them  Song Shai turned towards Ling Shun and spoke.

 

“You may be ready to marry me, but I will never marry you.”

 

Hope you are enjoying the story :D When the Villain sets out to wreck the plot she really means business, The ML and FL never stood a chance

22