Eternal Lovers: Chapter 20
916 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You may be ready to marry me, but I will never marry you.”

 

“W-What…?!” The phony smile the ML had suddenly disappeared and was replaced with utter confusion.

 

“I refuse the engagement between our two families, after all you are the son of a murderer, and now lack money and status. Why would I, the daughter of a noble, ever marry such a man of low qualities.” Song Shai calmly spoke, going into full villian mode, her words poisoning Ling Shun. 

 

“B-but…” The ML stammered not knowing what to say.

 

“You are quite old for marriage but if you really want to get married, I know plenty of maids who have yet to find a husband and would be delighted at the prospect of marriage.” 

 

“WHY YOU!” Ling Shun started yelling as he brought his hand down towards Song Shai cheek, just before impact a hand reached from behind Ling Shun and tightly grabbed the hand that was about to hit Song Shai.

 

“How indecent, hitting a lady just because she speaks the truth.” A smooth voice spoke who Song Shai immediately recognised as Lei Jun.

 

“When I heard your fiance was visiting I rushed in, yet, seeing who it is I guess I needlessly worried.” Lei Jun smiled while his eyes held a great hatred as he looked at Ling Shun. 

 

For a moment Ling Shun shivered and forgot how to breath

 

All the while looking at the two men before her, Song Shai became slightly surprised, Lei Jun was a little taller then Ling Shun and because of his servant duties his back was broader and he had more muscles. Furthermore, Lei Jun’s face was chiseled and suave, while his eyes held a particularly enchanting gaze. Although the male lead was very handsome, when compared to Lei Jun, his looks started to fade to the background. Thinking this Song Shai could not help but think it was a little funny. 

 

All the while, Ling Shun looked at the unknown man and Song Shai as his anger started to boil. 

 

“W-WHO IS THIS?!”

 

“Ah, he is my ser-” Song Shai was about to say servant as she found no benefit in lying to Ling Shun, telling the truth would not derail her plans. However she was quickly cut off.

 

“I am her number one man.” Lei Jun ambiguous declared, cutting Song Shai off before she had the chance to fully speak. Song Shai had long ago clarified that the man was of little threat, still when Jun heard the man was visiting, his body turned cold as he rushed to find Song Shai. As soon as he rushed to her side he saw the unknown man dare to lay his hand on his masters face, seeing such a thing his body reacted faster than his mind as his eyes eyes filled with darkness and his hand unconsciously went to wrap around the man’s neck. Still, he was able to retain reason just before he did the deed and instead swiftly went out and grabbed the man's hand. Thus disabling him from slapping his master.

 

Ling Shuns anger continued to boil, but upon peering into the unknown mans dark twisted eyes Ling Shun forced himself to calm down as he instead started to think about the issue in a political manner. 

 

“You cannot break this engagement, afterall, it was put in place by our parents. So only our parents can break it.” Ling Shun spoke as he began to cruelly smile, thinking he had outsmarted Song Shai, little did he know, Song Shai had already calculated this response years before. 

 

“That would be true if I still belonged to the Song Clan. However, from today onwards I have decided to renounce my family name. Hence, this engagement is cancelled.” Song Shai boldly declared as her emotionless lips slowly tinted upwards into an evil smile. 

 

Ling Shun was speechless at Song Shais declaration, he had never imagined such a thing to happen and was completely stumped now on what to do. So silently he stood, as though in a trance.  

 

“If that is all you came here for, you may leave now. If not, you shall be escorted out by him.” Song Shai spoke while pointing to Lei Jun’s tall intimidating figure. She was no longer worried about the FL outside for if she hadn’t left on her own volition by now then the guards who were supposed to watch her would have found her and dragged her back. After all, in order for nothing to go wrong Song Shai had already long ago sent them a message of Huā Měilì’s location, just in case the female lead stayed around longer then she should. 

 

After Song Shai threats to Ling Shun she expected him to quickly leave but instead he just continued to stand stark still, so after a few minutes Lei Jun really did end up dragging Ling Shun out to the estate gate as he was brutally kicked out. 

 

Ling Shun was still confused as he sat outside the gates, he had been so humiliated his mind could not function properly so he just sat as his mind tried to process the events. 

 

Finally after his mind started to clear a little he walked up to the guards. 

 

“Who was that man just now?” Ling Shun asked with hatred filled eyes. Due to Song Shai’s status he knew he could not hurt the girl. So instead he decided to aim his hatred towards the unknown man. Afterall, he had never seen him before so he couldn’t be from a distinguished family, meaning he could likely find a way to hurt the man. 

 

“The one who threw you out just now?” the guards laughed mockingly.

 

“Who is He?!” Ling Shun asked grabbing one of the guards by his uniform.

 

“Ah his name is Lei Jun!” The guard quickly spoke.

“Ah…! Lei… Jun!!!” Upon hearing the name Ling Shun’s eyes filled with an unbearable hatred. He never would have guessed that the young man just on the other side of the gate was the one responsible for sentencing his father to jail. The one man who ruined his family name. Made him lose his wealth and made the only girl he loved abandon him. Furthermore, he even had the audacity to humiliate him and make his fiance refuse him. Yes, it was all that man's fault! Ling Shun thought as he continued to delude himself. Blaming everything on Lei Jun.

 

Slowly he got up and walked away from the estate looking calm and composed. However, if one were to look in his eyes, they would see the flames of hatred and revenge burning deeply within.

 

Oof, the Villains previous actions may have just unconsciously planted Jun a death flag...

23