Eternal Lovers: Chapter 26
940 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

 

Jun stood in shock as a sword headed towards him, it was too fast, he had no time to dodge yet, as he thought this he saw a swift blur move out of the corner of his eye

 

Instantly his soul dropped.

 

Immediately the sword pierced through the Villains chest. Sliding through as though her skin were made of butter. Because her body had yet to register the wound, she silently stood still, then a few seconds later her legs began to buckle beneath her, slowly she fell to the ground. But before she could hit the hard dirt surface, big hands quickly caught her as a stunned Lei Jun cradled Song Shai in his arms.

 

“W-what...W-why why did you?” Lei Jun’s eyes were in utter confusion as he was unable to process what had just happened. 

 

Before he could come out of his shocked state Song Shai began to speak. “...ha...I leave everything to you...my estate...my money...and everything else…” Song Shai slowly spoke as blood started pooling out of her mouth and down her chin. 

 

The body was in great pain as it was trying to shut down, but Song Shai long ago learned how to tolerate the worst types of torture, so she accepted the pain while instead trying to keep conscious, just for a bit longer in order to convey to Lei jun her last wishes. 

 

“...no...NO, YOU CAN’T DIE!” Lei Jun spoke, realizing what was happening as he finally snapped out of his dazed state.

 

“YOU HAVE TO LIVE...I...I didn’t… I DIDN’T GET...get to cook you the delicious meal...WE, WE, WERE...were going to eat tonight, it-it was going to be your favorite!” Lei Jun started to speak in an ecstatic and crazed manner as his eyes became blurry with tears. 

 

“Don’t worry...you will never have-have to wor-worry about money...I have left you plenty…so you can eat...ma-many delicious meals...with it…”

 

“NO! I DON’T NEED MONEY! ONL-ONLY SONG SHAI!...YES!!! I ONLY NEED SONG SHAI…WITHOUT SONG SHAI, FOOD IS TASTELESS! SO...SO LE-LET’S GO BACK HOME, YES LET’S GO BACK...an-and...I’ll...I’LL PREPARE ANYTHING YOU WANT!” 

 

“Hmm...what a tempting offer.” Song Shai spoke as she faintly upturned her lips before choking out more blood.

 

She really did enjoy Lei Jun’s food. It tasted unlike anything she had ever experienced before, it always had a specific quality that Song Shai had never previously had before in all her worlds. Honestly, she thought it quite a pity to have to eat horrible food for the next few words before finally devouring her soul killing orb. Thinking about this, she truly wished she had been able to eat just one more of his delicious warm meals. Even a simple bowl of his rice would have been enough to satisfy her soul.

 

 Silently, she stared up into Lei Jun’s blurry tear-stained eyes. As she looked closer she could  clearly see turmoil and a deep, swirling darkness, deeper than she had ever seen. Finally she made up her mind. 

 

System triple six. Song Shai weakly called forth in her mind.

 

Yes Host

 

Prepare the “world follow contract” from catalog with as many worlds as I can buy with remaining points.

 

Host can afford three worlds. Choose selected individual to initialize contract, once contract is set, points will be spent.

 

Good.

 

“....Ah…Lei Jun…?” Song Shai reached out her weak hand brushing it against his cheek in order to stop some of the tears, unfortunately she hadn’t realized it was bloody, so instead she stained his cheek with a deep scarlet smear. Lei Jun however, didn’t seem to care as he instead welcomed the cold hand, grabbing onto it and continuing to hold it on his cheek while his other hand cradled her bloody body.

 

“...would you… continue to follow me… for a few more worlds...” 

 

Although she knew she sounded crazy and he would not understand her question she still silently waited for his confirmation, only then would the contract initialize and her points be spent.

 

“Song Shai is so cruel, why would you ask that.” Lei Jun bitterly spoke, tears pooling out even more.

 

Ah is this the part where he betrays me? Song Shai emotionlessly wondered, not really caring either way, just thinking it was a pity that she wouldn’t be able to eat his food in the other worlds if she was right.

 

“...Why? I don't know what you mean, BUT WHY? Why can I only follow you for a few worlds... WHY CAN’T I BE WITH YOU FOR ETERNITY!?!” Lei Jun painfully spoke.

 

“...Ah…” Song Shai was speechless.

 

Contract initialized. World follower for the next three worlds has been established. 

 

Right after Jun had spoken, unbeknownst to him and the villain, the necklace he had always worn ever since Song Shai found him started to glow a deep green as a slight crack formed throughout its core.

 

You really are a silly man. Song Shai thought as her dark misty eyes started to grow darker, beginning to close.

 

“NOOO! I STILL-STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO...to...TO TELL YOU! I WANTED TO SURPRISE YOU WHEN WE ATE, I...i...ASKED...asked... THE EMPEROR FOR A FIANCE...yes...YES THAT’S RIGHT! YO-YOU WERE PUSHING ME TO GET ONE...right? S-SO I...I ASKED THE EMPEROR TO BESTOW ME A MARRIAGE SEAL...on... ON THE ONLY PERSON I COULD ever...EVER! be with... HAHA, THAT’S RIGHT… THAT’S RIGHT, HOW CAN YOU DIE WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE AT THE WEDDING?!? Lei Jun uttered, completely losing it as he spoke in a crazed state his tear stained eyes turning darker and darker by the second. Unfortunately, Song Shai noticed none of it as she grew weaker and weaker, only now faintly hearing Lei Jun’s voice.

 

“...ah… that’s good...you found... someone you can…. marry…now... I can pass… without… any… worries...” Song Shai whispered as she finally lost the energy in her body and everything went dark and silent. But before she completely left she heard Lei Jun’s weak voice one last time.

 

“YOU CAN’T LEAVE!... I FINALLY REALIZED… I’M IN LOVE WITH…” 

 

The last part was cut off as Song Shai completely left that world.

 

Tha-that's the end of the first arc ಥ ͜ʖಥ h-hope you enjoyed... I'll be right back it seems someone has been cutting onions, g-gotta go rinse my eyes ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ

18