Eternal Lovers: Chapter 28 (End Of Arc 1)
1.1k 13 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Song Shai died Lei Jun continued to clutch her cold dead body as what was left of his bright soul completely blackened.

 

Because Ling Shun was the protagonist his heart was supposed to be pure. So after stabbing Song Shari, his initially cloudy mind became completely clear as his bloody hands shook from what he had done. He tried to run after stabbing Song Shai but was quickly caught after multiple witnesses called for guards. After which he underwent a trail, but because of the ML halo he wasn’t sentenced to death, instead he spent the remainder of his life in prison, tortured and ridiculed for his actions. 

 

After Song Shai’s death, Huā Měilì went on to never trust men again, especially after hearing about how Ling Shun murdered his former fiance. Due to her distrust in men she later became a Buddhist nun, much to her father's displeasure. But because she was his most beloved daughter, he did not push it as he allowed her to choose her own path. 

 

As for Song Shai’s Mother, after Song Shai renounced her name and left her household estate. Her Mother became terrified, after all, now she had no connection to the main estate. Her daughter had been her ticket in, now with her gone she would no longer be welcomed. Yet, Mistress song did not worry too much, for she fully believed her daughter would be back once she livid on the streets for a few weeks. Unfortunately for Mistress Song, her expectations were not met, instead a couple months past. By this point she was just about to go out and demand her daughter come back home when news of Song Shai’s death spread. Mistress Song was deeply distressed hearing the news, but not because her only daughter died, rather, now she was certain she would be kicked out of the estate, and her expectations were not wrong. After word of Song Shai’s death was spread, Mistress Song was denounced as the second wife and forced onto the streets, being an older woman she could no longer sell her body and instead led a life of begging. A year after being on the streets, she suddenly died of illness and malnutrition. 

 

As for Lei Jun, after watching the only person in the world he had loved die right in front of him, his soul completely darkened. He wanted to die right after witnessing Song Shai’s death but because she protected him from death, he knew he couldn’t waste the last gift she had given him. So instead he spent a huge portion of the money Song Shai had left him in order to buy the best grave for Song Shai’s lifeless corpse. After which he never got married or engaged for the marriage seal he had requested from the emperor had been for him and Song Shai. He had planned to ask her to marry him on the night of her death. He knew she needed to get married and she also wanted him to find a partner. So he had thought it was the perfect compromise, considering he never wanted to leave her side. He had still been unsure of his feelings for Song Shai but knowing that he wanted to spend the rest of his life serving her, he had requested a marriage seal from the emperor. It wasn’t until Song Shai’s body started to drain of life that Lei Jun finally understood that his feelings for her was the overwhelming feeling of love. However, his realization was too late as she died before he could fully tell her. In the years following her death, Lei Jun would always make a delicious dinner feast, growing to be a truly prodigious cook as he experimented with new recipes, but Lei Jun never ate any of the meals he cooked. Instead he sat and waited, as though he believed that if he cooked something delicious enough, Song Shai would come back.

 

“I tried out a new recipe Song Shai, I didn’t make it spicy or bitter, just how you like it! Ah, you’re not here tonight either…” Silently the room darkened as Jun realized he was all alone. “...Then tomorrow I will make an even better meal, one you can’t resist, that way you’ll come back to me right…?” Tears slowly pooled out of Juns eyes. “Hey I won’t ever by selfish or ask for anything ever again Song Shai so why don’t you come back, I know I shouldn't have asked for a marriage contract with you but you know, I just can’t stand being away from you. Before I met you I never had any hope in life, I pushed on and on to live but I knew somewhere deep inside my soul there was no point. Haha, it was as if I was determined to fail in this world the moment I was born. As though my soul was cursed to be hated. But… you know, that feeling changed when I met you… You are the only one who did not look at me with hatred/fear/anger or strange dislike. I was cautious of you at first but I couldn’t stop falling for you. I will serve you for an eternity and give you anything you like. Please come back to me!”

 

 Unfortunately his delusions were never met as he grew thinner and thinner each day. It wasn’t until five years after her death that Lei Jun’s starved body finally gave out. 

 

“Ah I shall be joining you very soon my beloved, if there really is a next life I will meet you and find you and love you eternally so please wait for me, my love.” A delirious Jun spoke as he took his last breath. 

 

A few days later, people found him dead, he had died while sitting by a huge feast, yet his body was completely starved. This perplexed the people as they wondered why he had not eaten any of the food on the table. What confused them even more was that Lei Jun did not look pained or unhappy, instead his dead body held faint traces of a smile, as though he looked completely satisfied with death. Upon seeing the scene only a few people understood what had happened, the young man with such a promising future had been completely shattered after his beloved's death, desperately he had wanted to follow her to the grave, only now had he succeeded. Seeing the scene many people cried and seeing how Lei Jun had, had a little bit of money left but no heir, they put the rest of his money towards a grave beside his beloved. Five years after Song Shai's death, Lei Jun was buried beside her. 

 

Heading to the next world in

3

2

1

 

The villain quickly turned her focus to the new world she was about to enter.

 

This is the final chapter for Arc one, please let me know how you felt about Arc one, likes dislikes, anything. I'd love to hear you're guys opinions even if you are reading this and there is already 10 more arcs published. Also it's only the first Arc so Jun's yandere tendencies haven't manifested yet, but don't worry, every arc he will change more and more.

18