75 – Female butler to the rescue part 1
1.7k 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh dear. I wasn't expecting that the Great Demon King would be blown away with a simple kick. Did I set my expectations too high?”

Dang. Trying to act out of character isn't easy. But I must do my best to play pretend. I took all the precautions necessary. I even left Yuki behind and brought a substitute weapon. Of course after having sex with her and reassuring her that I wasn't replacing her. But this sure is troublesome.

“Just… who or what are you?”

Someone from the Nixos army addressed that simple question.

“Pardon me. Where are my manners? My name is… Canada Beaver.”

The men made confused faces. Yeah. I just made that name up. It was on the spur of the moment, but I associated words back from my old world. There are zero chances for a person with that name to exist in this world, so I am covered.

“Don't be tensed, men. She's on our side.” 

“Lady Scylla.”

Thankfully Scylla followed me and managed to calm the troops. It's convenient having a famous acquaintance. Although leaving that aside I am surprised that the Madness army hasn't made a single move. I mean the logical reaction would be to charge at me while my guard was down. Not that it's actually down.

Soon, Kartuja raised his body back up.

“Oya oya. You're still in one piece. Well, at least you're one sturdy fellow. I’ll give you that.”

Going *GRRR…* and followed by a powerful howl, Kartuja once again closed the distance in the blink of an eye. He lashed with his long arm that had enough force to destroy an entire building. And his strike was quite fast. This was normally a blow impossible to avoid. 

“Too slow.”

I merely had to raise my leg upwards. A powerful kick that almost crushed his head. I could definitely feel bones cracking. Needles to say he was blown away and sent crashing one more time.

“Hmm? Has the title of Madness affected your mind? No introduction. No words towards your opponent? Are you just a mindless beast that's not capable of speech? And although I heard you were supposed to be strong… aren't you actually too weak?”

He got mad and once again came at me. This time, when Kartuja attacked he did not make a large swinging attack, but unleashed a thrust that was much sharper than before. It was a small movement that was like a feint. Even so, the power behind it was probably beyond imagination.

I managed to dodge, but this time I didn't counter as the distance between us was not favorable.

"Uuu……This is bad. In terms of speed, Ed… I mean Canada is better, but Kartuja has longer arms. She is being pressured by the difference in their reach." (Scylla)

"I’m astonished by that statement." (Edelweiss)

"Did you think I couldn't tell? I’m a proud warrior after all."

"That so?…… Well that makes me even more astonished. Truly astonished by the fact… that you're completely mistaken."

"What!?”

At one point I decided to stop dodging and meet his fist with my own. But naturally, I added a trick to my punch. On impact a powerful shockwave was generated…

“ Howling Blast.”

Although I can’t use my nether flames outside, that doesn’t mean I can’t use them internally, concentrating them into my bare knuckles. As a result, my punch releases immense explosive force on impact. This explosive power continues to assault my opponent, until eventually his arm was blown off, and naturally, he went thumbling again.

"Gah……Gugaga……!?"

“That hurt, right mister wanna be Demon King? Although I will show some sort of admiration. You tried protecting your body with a magical enchantment, but that attack ignores such defenses.”

Kartuja shrieked.

"GUGAaAAAAA!!"

It vomited black blood.

"Guh……Gugugu……Astonishment……Power, beyond expectations!?"

"Hou? So you’re capable of using words after all. I thought you were just a dumb beast."

“Woman… for what reason does someone like you serve someone as weak as Iris? She not fit for the throne.”

“My ideals align with hers. That’s all. Besides, a weakling like you has no place as a ruler.”

“Foolish… shall destroy you!!”

His arm regenerated. More than that his body transformed. Moreover its limbs had become thick, its torso had turned gigantic as well. It had become one head taller, but above all, it had transformed into a powerful looking body that seemed like a mass of muscle.

“Yare, yare. Don’t think that just because you got a bit bigger you can beat me.”

“Enough!! Die!!!”

My fox senses were tingling. But the danger wasn’t coming from him. I sensed something from…

“Too late! Arrogance will be your downfall!”

Above me!?

Multiple light orbs fell from the sky. The hell? When did he cast such a spell. I didn’t take my eyes off him. Crap. I can’t dodge all of them. 

"AGUAaaaAaAaaah!!"

I was assaulted by pain as explosions occurred. The Demon King laughed frantically. When the smoke cleared…

“Canada!!” (Scylla)

I was lying on the ground.

“Foolish demon. Suffer in hell for going against me.”

The Demon King went past me and had his eyes set on Scylla.

“You next.”

The Madness army gained confidence and was ready to continue their siege. Until…

“What!!?”

A huge pressure assaulted the Demon King. He felt danger. As he turned around, he could only see a torrent of blue flames. 

“Aight. You messed up my tuxedo. Now I’m mad.”

Although I wanted to avoid using my nether flames… without Yuki he’s not someone I can go easy on. Thankfully enough there aren’t many people who know what these blue flames are capable of.

“You better get ready, you piece of shit. For the disrespect you displayed, I’ll make sure to give you an appropriate punishment.”

“What… are you?”

“Your worst nightmare. Try surviving this. 

*whispering* [Blazing Nova] *whispering*”

The instant the fireball that formed at my fingertips touched the ground, it split open in a pure azure flash with a thunderous roar--a disintegrating annihilation due to magic power should be repeatedly happening in the effect range of the attack. The effect range is a semi-circle that went about twenty-something meters forward from my feet. Obviously I made sure to not hit myself with my own spell. Its power is tremendous enough to defeat pretty much anything in one hit.

Even though the ground was gouged out, Kartuja survived the blast. Although it seemed like he slightly mutated a bit again.

Growing wings like those of bat from his back, he looked like he had put them in front of him and used them as a shield to defend against the magic. 

However, he was not uninjured.

The wings were broken, and there were cracks on his body and blood spilling from various places.

"What incredible, magical power……"

"Hmph……You’re amazed by just that level? Don’t worry. I’ll make sure to end you properly with the next one."

"Canada, was it? I desire it, that magical power! You shall be mine!"

What the!? For a split second a chill ran across my back. This guy was preparing something. Whatever ace he has up his sleeve, my senses are in top gear. They’re warning me it’s dangerous. Shit. I got to stop messing around and end this already.

45