Chapter Sixteen, Part One
697 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“Training with Kami, huh…” Dan rubbed his chin. “Then you’ve killed King Piccolo already, but haven’t married anyone yet.”

 

“I’m supposed to marry Chi-Chi!” Goku smiled and looked around. “But I’m not sure where she is?”

 

“Why don’t we get you something to eat?” Dan motioned to May as he steered the Saiyan toward the dining room. “Could you take this to Jor-EL and get him to install it into the genesis chambers?” He passed a small, black sphere to his Wife, the Bronze era template he’d gotten as a reward. “I’ll be down once I’ve settled our new friend.”

 

“Sure, but don’t blame me if I start without you,” May snatched up the template and stuck out her tongue. “It would serve you right, for summoning Doom without me!”

 

Dan laughed as May skipped down the hall. He wouldn’t mind if she got the process going, he was more interested in picking the empty head of the young Saiyan. Merlyn’s magic relied on the forces of the world, something he didn’t want. The Force was external, as were many forms of magic. Ki, however, was a power all his own. A force multiplier that could compound his natural strengths.

 

“So,” Dan wrapped an arm around Goku’s shoulders and guided them down the hall. “What was it like, growing up with Son Gohan?”

 


 

 

“The Deathwatch is no more!”

 

The thunderous voice of the Secret Mandalore crashed over the silent crowd. Countless helmeted faces, all pointed at a single spot. Doom swept his gaze over the masses, a fire in his heart. These zealots would be the foundation of the Empire he was tasked to create.

 

“We are now the Children of the Watch, the keepers of the way and the protectors of the heart of Mandalore!”

 

No reaction came from the gathered Mandalorians, just silent masks that carved into his artificial Mandalorian armour. These were stoic people, his research had told him that much. Even the lowest of them held some candle of obedience to tradition. The Children of the Watch were an ancient cult, the true core of Mandalorian beliefs.

 

“We shall guide the Mandalorian people back into our former glory, a hand in the shadows that shields our people from harm.” Doom drew the Darksaber from his belt and ignited the blade. “All who wish to challenge me for the right of Mandalore have a single month, after that, I expect my orders to be followed without question.”

 

The midnight blade hummed in the air, a promise of death to all. Some would no doubt seek his position, but none of these fools had the strength to take it. A few Mandalorians slipped away, no doubt headed to their ships and the safety of space. 

 

Futile, considering the Killik’s hidden on their bodies. All who came into the city had such an insect secreted within their clothes, ready to start the transformation into a joiner should the need arise.

 

“Those who choose to follow, must speak the oath,” Doom pointed his sabre at the crowd and recited the words he’d memorised the day before. "I swear on my name and the names of the ancestors that I shall walk the Way of the Mand'alor. The words of the Creed shall be forever forged in my heart. This is the Way."

 

Silence reigned, with Doom as its subject. A woman rose, fist pressed to her chest in a salute. One Mandalorian after another followed, until the ocean had risen to its feet. Unified in voice, they echoed the oath of Mand’alor. The Deathwatch breathed its last, replaced by the Children of the Watch.

 


 

 

“There are so many of them…” 

 

May pressed her face to the glass that separated her from the chamber. A vast lake, filled with countless branched pods, all connected to a titanic, mechanical tree. Each one represented a potential kryptonian, the future for her family's species.

 

“Hey Jor-EL, is it possible to make more kryptonian animals with this technology?” May turned to the holographic man, eyes bright as she snatched Bear from the floor. “We could give every new kryptonian an animal companion!”

 

“It is possible,” Jor-EL nodded. “But your animal’s genetic material is as complicated as your own, it will take decades to analyse it and create a template.”

 

“Oh… well never mind it for now,” May shrugged as she raised the Bronze era template toward the A.I. “How do we get this started?”

 

“Just insert the template into the console in front of you, I will do the rest.” Jor-EL pointed to a smooth, crystal panel. “The process is automated, once we’ve selected the occupations of the new kryptonians.”

 

“Occupations? Like farmers and blacksmiths?” May frowned. “What options are there?”

 

Jor-EL waved his hand and a projection with three different categories filled the air. Civilian, Soldier, and Scientist. The A.I. waved his hand and removed the civilian category, leaving the two more specialised groups.

 

“I would recommend focusing evenly on these two. Both the soldier and scientist options will be vital for the future.” Jor-EL’s face was solemn. “You and your husband plan on letting our people reproduce naturally, once the population reaches a certain level.” The display shifted to two different DNA strands. “The combination of these two genetic variations will lead to the greatest outcomes.”

 

Alright…” May tilted her head, lost in a thought. “So, the best outcome would be for every natural born kryptonian to have a soldier and a scientist for parents?”

 

“Correct,” Jor-EL smiled as he gestured to the consol. “Shall we begin?”

 

“Sure,” May’s lips split into an evil grin. “But I want to make a few adjustments…”

 


 

 

“Are you sure this guy will be a challenge?” Goku held the back of his head with both hands, belly rounded after a massive meal. “I’m pretty strong, you know?”

 

“Etrigan is plenty strong, you don’t need to worry about that,” Dan laughed as they walked toward the Demon's colosseum. “I want you to show me how you fight and he’s the best option around to let you go all out.”

 

Goku was a terrible teacher, at least with words. Dan suspected that the boy would do better teaching as he fought. Battle seemed to engage all the wasted grey matter inside his thick, Saiyan skull.

 

“Ok, but I’ll still have to be careful not to destroy the city,” Goku frowned at the crystal under his feet. “This stuff doesn’t seem very strong…”

 

“Just aim your Ki attacks up and we’ll be fine,” Dan shooed the boy through the colosseum door. “This stuff is decently strong, and it heals any damage over time.”

 

It was time for him to add a new ability to his roster, one that no kryptonian before him ever had! 


Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful to all of my supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! The Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Updates for this series will be at five a week, a chapter part monday-friday, with bonus chapters whenever I can get them written and edited. 

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

45