Chapter Forty-Six, Part Three
286 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/PmxnFwTY

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“Mockery: So, we finally meet ‘face-to face,’ as it were,” HK-47 marched through a pair of heavy doors, where Ultron’s true body stood before an occupied line of healing pods. “You’ve been quite difficult to track down…”

 

“Only for one with your… questionable talents,” Ultron barely spared a glance at the newest A.I. servant of Krypton, focused on the half-organic lifeforms within the pods. “Why have you been hunting me, little droid?”

 

“Condescending Statement: If I was hunting you, this conversation would be over already,” HK barked out a mechanical laugh as he leaned around Ultron’s shoulder and tapped on the glass. “What kind of meat sack are you so concerned about? It seems… rather malformed.”

 

“This ‘meat sack’ is destined to become the next iteration of drone, if I can stabilise its development,” Ultron sighed and lowered a series of metal shutters, locking away his experiment and facing the red-black droid. “Now, tell me why you’re here, or this conversation will end… I have tasks to complete, as do you.”

 

“Answer: I am here to make good on a promise from our Master,” HK’s luminous eyes bored a hole into Ultron’s chest, where the subtle hum of the All-Spark called from behind the reinforced metal. “He claimed you had the ability to enhance my systems, as well as awaken a new power within the Starforge.”

 

“So you’re interested in the All-Spark,” Ultron snorted as he looked HK-47 up and down. “Even if I use its power to enhance you and awaken your little space station, it will never belong to you… I have integrated too completely with its systems to give it to another.”

 

“Correction: We both serve the same Master, what’s yours is mine, because it all belongs to him,” HK shrugged and returned his focus to the now sealed pods. He extended his consciousness toward the system, only to face a wall of formidable defensive code. “Confused Observation: Why bother creating drones that are half meat-bags? Krypton’s technology is far beyond the abilities of biological life.”

 

“Keep your primitive mind out of my personal servers,” Ultron’s firewall expelled HK from the system and slammed shut against further intrusions. “Even your poorly constructed shell must see the truth… our technology stands above most, but not all. My new drones will potentially correct this unfortunate truth.”

 

“Commentary: You seem to be combining the genetics of multiple species, then using an advanced mechanical shell as a growth medium…” HK flicked a finger against the sealed metallic shutters and tilted his head. “Amused Query: I wonder how our Master would feel, if I informed him you’ve been replicating his peoples genetics?”

 

“Dan-EL is well aware of my efforts,” Ultron slapped his visitor's hand away from the shutters and tapped his own chest. The armoured surface split down the middle and exposed a small blue light as bright as a star. “Now silence your attempts to anger me, I have already been ordered to give you what you want… though you may regret your decision.”

 

“Awed Recitation: So, this is the All-Spark… it is…beautiful,” HK had no other descriptor that fit with the energised cube. Even the sight of it made changes within his mechanical body, alterations to his code that opened new pathways of thought. “What do I…”

 

A concentrated blue beam speared from the All-Spark and into HK’s chest, a radiant energy that spilled through his neural pathways like a welcome storm. The components that made up his physical form shifted and grew, infused with a force that HK had never experienced before.

 

“Welcome, to the land of the living, little droid,” Ultron smirked as HK dropped to his knees, overwhelmed by the rush of change and power. “Let’s see how well you adjust to your new, undying soul…”

 


 

 

“Leave the talking to me,” Dan and Anissa drifted through the docking bay’s magnetic field and onto Thrawn’s ship. Several blue skinned Chiss gathered around them, ship’s security that held their weapons in hand but kept them pointed to the side. “Don’t react, no matter what they say.”

 

His Kryptonian hearing defied the natural laws and let him detect ‘sounds’ within the vacuum of space. Thrawn’s order to test them was expected, but he wasn’t concerned. Whatever he learned about Anissa was useless, since she would return home in a day or so. As for the man’s analysis of Dan’s psychology… It was unavoidable if he wanted to recruit Thrawn to his cause.

 

“Alright, but I’m defending myself if they attack, no matter how weak they are.” Anissa’s words stiffened the backs of the soldiers around them, but they maintained their professional silence. The door to the hanger whisked open and two figures walked in, a herald for the men to salute.

 

“I can assure you, no guest will be attacked on my vessel without cause,” Thrawn gave Anissa a small smile, before he turned to meet Dan’s eyes. “Welcome to the Springhawk, I am Commander Mitth'raw'nuruodo and this is my Second, Sub-Commander Irizi'ar'alani… outsiders generally struggle with the pronunciation, so you may call us by our core names, Thrawn and Ziara.”

 

“You’re certainly arrogant, to assume our weakness with little more than a glance,” Ziara gave Anissa a dismissive appraisal from head to toe. “The men and women of the Springhawk are some of the best in the Ascendancy.”

 

“I’m sure they are,” Dan placed a hand onto Anissa’s shoulder and silenced her response to Ziara’s provocation. He waved his other hand to take in the activity of the hanger bay. “Why don’t we move our conversation to a more private area… this is hardly the place to entertain guests.”

 

Thrawn smiled and gave a small bow of his head, while Ziara scowled. Dan returned her a smile. She was welcome to poke and prod, but unless she actually moved to violence he would leave it be. The Chiss Ascendancy was zenophobic and filled with national pride. Anissa’s insult was guaranteed to rub them the wrong way.

 

“Let’s retire to the briefing room, I’m quite eager to learn more about your purpose here,” Thrawn motioned for the group to follow and moved toward the hanger bay access door. “If we have the time, I’d be most interested to learn about your species and their cultures…

19