Chapter Fifty-Two, Part Two
236 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Check out my new novel ‘Krypton Reborn: Dragon of the Sun,’ set in the Dragon Ball universe!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

Warm yellow plasma rolled over his shoulders, an enrichment of the body that still didn’t compare to the energy he gained from a blue sun. Dan sighed as he let the solar currents take him, Stormy tucked under his arm.

 

“I’ll need to find a secluded o-class star soon, Earth’s sun isn't up to the task.” He laughed as Stormy struggled from his grasp while Dan rose from the warm embrace of his nap. The cat dived below the sun’s surface, curled into a small black orb of fur. “But first, I need to commit the rest of the Ancient One’s library to memory.”

 

His time within the stars of this universe wouldn’t be wasted. He would practise until he had the confidence to create a connection to the phantom zone. A realm under his command, especially one as vast as the zone, would be perfect as the centre point to Krypton’s empire.

 

He drifted past the moon, where Bear stood in a watchful stance, engaged in a staring contest with a bemused Black Bolt. Dan flashed the inhuman a wave, an act that had become a daily routine, before he left Bear to his business and entered the atmosphere.

 

“There are only a few books left, but they’ll have to wait for now,” His gaze pierced the clouds, focused on the movements of troops throughout europe. There weren't many people alive that held his interest in this world, at least not yet, but there were a few. “It looks like Cal, Kara and the Captain have pretty much routed the Germans advances… though I’d bet that enough of Hydra survives to make some waves in the future.”

 

He had ripped free every last memory from the Red-Skull’s mind using a combination of magic and Venom’s abilities, but it was inevitable that some members would survive. It would be good practice for Kara and Cal, as they worked to complete the purge.

 

The clouds skimmed his feet, eyes focused on the rustic countryside of a certain island nation. Dan scanned outward, towards the coast. A smile twisted at his lips as he reached a Japanese military base, just outside the edge of a large city's harbour.

 

“It looks like Logan is already locked up in the hole,” Dan shook his head as he set course for the imprisoned mutant. Wolverine may not be the most powerful of mutants, but his healing factor would be important for the future. “I’ll go break him out before I join Cal and Kara on the front.”

 

The thrum of powerful engines called his attention as he closed on the city. A large bomber, escorted by a squadron of fighter craft, cruised towards his destination. Dan’s smile morphed to a frown, eyes narrowed as he scanned the payload of the B-29 American bomber.

 

“It looks like they’re still intent on following history…” a burst of speed carried him to the centre of the Japanese base, his presence ignored as sirens echoed over the encampment. Most of the soldier’s fled their positions, terror branded onto their faces as they looked at the distant aircraft in hurried glances. “I suppose now is as good a time as any to make my own public appearance as Superman.”

 

Dan tossed a small orb into the air, a holorecorder that shifted back and focused onto his body. The suit on his skin shifted, lines smoothed as a cape unfolded down his back. Down below, a Japanese officer set free the captured prisoners of war, before he turned to face the fortified well that had been converted to Logan’s prison.

 

The man hesitated, before he rushed forward and severed a set of locked chains with his katana. He flipped open the metal-capped well and waved to the prisoner within, then stumbled towards his fellow officers. They had lined up, wakizashi in hand as they knelt to take their own lives.

 

“Don’t bother,” Dan muttered under his breath as his eyes flared red. The short swords melted in the soldier’s hands, hilts dropped to the ground as the heat scorched their palms. “Just sit tight, everything will be ok soon enough.”

 

His biofield extended into Logan’s well and took hold of the startled mutant. Dan lifted him into the air, eyes focused on the path of the bombers. He carried Wolverine, on course for the American’s target zone.

 

“Listen, bub, that’s a B-29 bomber…” Logan’s arms flailed as he tumbled through the air, bone claws extended as he uttered a string of curses. “You’re headed the wrong way, if you plan on making it out of this city alive.”

 

“Mmhmm,” Dan nodded to the mutant, not focused on his words, eyes set onto the planes that raced towards their position. “Just sit tight for a minute, I’ll be right back.”

 

Holocam on his trail, Dan landed just under the bomber as it dropped its payload. Logon shouted another litany of curses as he turned his back and ran. The bomb spiralled down, headed for the ground at Dan’s feet, but his confidant smile remained untouched.

 

Dubbed ‘Little Boy’ by its creators, the nuclear bomb touched down. Brilliant white washed out the colours of the world, but no terrible force ravaged the city. Instead, the glow dimmed back.

 

Dan compressed his biofield around the explosion, its wrath contained within a small but luminous star. It drifted into his hand, held to the side as he turned to address the holocam for the first time.

 

“I am Superman, the protector of Earth and the leader of the Order of Krypton,” Dan stared long and hard into the camera, face held in an honest smile. “Today, I will take action against the Axis forces, but know this… the Kryptonian Order stands with all the innocents of the world, ALL nuclear strikes against civilian targets will be intercepted and prevented.”

 

The star on his palm dimmed as Dan closed his fist around its light. A final flare sputtered forth, before the nuclear flame was snuffed out. His grin widened, eyes bright as he floated back into the sky.

 

“The Order stands for justice, as do all who bear its sigil,” Dan tapped the stylized ‘S’ on his chest, face shifted to a more serious expression. “The Germans have waged an unjust war and soon, its soldiers and leaders will pay the price.”

 

Dan deactivated the holocam and summoned it back into his grasp. This recording would be delivered to every major news organisation and governmental body on Earth. The first record of what he’d already dubbed as ‘The age of the Supermen.’ His eyes flicked to the now distant Logan, who’d poked his head out from behind a wall.

 

“That should do it,” a light touch of his biofield carried him to the astonished mutant’s side, hand extended for the man to shake. “See, no problem… my alias is Superman, but you can call me Dan-EL.”

 


 

 

“He’s still going… looks like a course straight for their homeworld,” May jumped once more, directly ahead of Thragg path. She had about a minute before the Grand Regent reached her location, more than enough time. “Let’s see how the ‘strongest Viltrumite’ likes a taste of his own medicine.”

 

Runic light spilled into the void, a net that extended its reach into the depths of space. May cast more and more arcane sigils, chain after chain that illuminated this solitary position between the stars.

 

Staff in hand, May released a final wave of magical power. A rune that twinned her work into a single whole and hid it away from sight. She drifted back, clear of the range of her spells, and returned her focus to the oncoming Thragg.

 

“He really can’t match his perceptions to his speed…” May shook her head. Viltrumites were powerful, but without the ability to accelerate their minds equally with their bodies they had a massive disadvantage to Kryptonians. “I hope his durability is up to the task…”

 

Thragg closed with her position, a streak that left the surrounding light behind. One moment he was in clear space, the next he ploughed face first into May’s invisible array of runes. Iridescent light exploded, a silent and luminous storm.

 

Raw cosmic energy slammed the Viltrumite to a dead stop, flattened against a runic wall. May smiled, eyes narrowed as she floated closer to the stunned Regent. It was time to test the strength of this Thragg for herself.

26