Chapter Sixty-Six, Part Three
205 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join our Discord! 

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

Thanks to everyone for reading! Please comment on any characters and universes you’d like to see in the future below the chapters. I can’t guarantee they’ll make it in, but I want to have some fun and fit in the audience's favourites if I can! Thanks again, and a huge thank you to my Patrons! I can’t make this content without support, and I’m super grateful for our supporters! This fanfiction is also available on my Patreon, I’ll always keep it free, so please visit! Our Patrons make this work possible, and if enough patrons want this novel to be a priority, it will be! Check out my new novel ‘Krypton Reborn: Dragon of the Sun,’ set in the Dragon Ball universe!

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu

 

Now, on to the chapter!


 

“You’re sure you don’t want to talk about this?” Dan slapped aside another blast of the Power Cosmic, eyes on the SIlver Surfer’s rapid movements. He’d battled faster than light opponents before, but none of them moved as smoothly as the Herald of Galactus. “Your service to your Master isn’t something that can’t be broken. My people can help you, if you’re willing.”

 

“No one can free me from the hand of Galactus, not even whatever power you serve,” the Surfer shook his head as he curled around Dan’s position. “His might is beyond even the multiversal demons and their twisted realms.”

 

“I have no Master, Herald,” Dan followed the Surfer without much effort, a feat that raised the man’s hairless brow. “My power is my own, drawn from a realm that answers to only me… now stop flying around like a fool, you’re at a disadvantage when it comes to speed.”

 

A single step carried Dan’s fist into the startled Surfer’s gut, pure physical force that squeezed a grunt from the man’s throat. Before the Herald could react, Dan’s finger’s closed on the edge of his surfboard.

 

The cosmic construct attempted to reject his touch, negated by the power of his biofield. Dan swept the Silver Surfer's legs from its surface and batted the man over the head with his own ride.

 

“Your reality manipulation abilities would serve you better, but even then I’m not sure you’ve got the juice to get the better of me,” Dan gripped the Surfer’s board with both hands and gave it a flex. It was durable beyond his expectations, but not too much for him to snap in half. “The only thing that’s truly impressive about you is your absorption ability. If I’d encountered you before I had a realm of my own, you could have drained my powers away like nothing.”

 

“Your strength is impossible for all but the avatars of the realm Gods, I can sense a similar power in you,” the Surfer reformed his board under his feet without effort, eyes narrowed as his energy probed at Dan’s body. “If you truly have no Master, then you are an oddity unlike anything I have ever seen.”

 

“I haven’t even gotten started yet,” Dan gave a lazy stretch, lips curled in a half-smile as he took hold of the spatial layers around them. Gripped in the hands of his biofield, the void curled inward and formed a cage around them. “So far, I haven’t really used my realm against you, just the strength of my body. I only inserted a bit of its energy to make sure you couldn’t phase through my attacks.”

 

“I would call you a liar, but my cosmic sight tells me the same,” the Surfer glanced around the folded spatial prison, before his eyes settled onto Dan. The radiance of the Power Cosmic dimmed to a peaceful glow, his stance relaxed as he took a seat on his silver board. “What are you?”

 

“I am the future of this universe,” Dan shifted them both into the phantom zone, where his star filled the darkness with light. “The one that will free both you and your Master from your fates, if you're willing to let me help you...”

 


 

 

“It seems that my children have both chosen rebellion,” the Father glanced to the surface, where the Son and Daughter waited with Anakin and the others. “My Son was expected, but my Daughter has always been obedient… no matter, return the dagger to its place and let us end this farce.”

 

The galaxies with the Father’s eyes spun as a heavy pressure enveloped her, levied against her unbent spine like the hand of a giant. Golden flame rose from under his skin and filled the cavern with chaotic shadows, a match for the radiant blade in her hand.

 

“This sword is a good match for me, so I think I’ll keep it,” a resonant growl accompanied May’s words, the shadow of a dragon that forced aside the Father’s pressure. Runic scripture wound around her vertical pupils, while the outline of Yggdrasil took shape at her back. “I was worried that I would have to face you and your children all together, but they don’t seem to care too much for living under your thumb.”

 

The branches of the world tree reached out and flowed under her skin, a complicated tattoo that spread up her arms, over her shoulders, and down her back. A hyper-detailed image of Yggdrasil, with a coiled dragon positioned just above her heart.

 

The pure-white serpent opened its eyes and yawned, drawn up her arm and toward the newborn sword in her hand. May levelled the blade in the Father’s direction, teeth bared in a semi-feral grin as a phantom dragon roared out in defiance of the world.

 

“Let’s see if your power can back up your arrogance, Father of the Balance,” May slashed at the air as her draconic tattoo made contact with the sword, a move that transformed her weapon with a flash of light. A bone-white, metallic dragon replaced the blade, its tail gripped firmly in her hand. “I’m tired of you ordering me and mine around, as if your connection to the Force gives you authority over us.”

 

The draconic sword cracked like a whip, a blow that carved through the stone above and opened the cavern to the skies. Goku’s head poked over the distant edge, before he was pulled backward by Anissa’s hand.

 

A second snap of her weapon lashed towards the Father’s chest, blocked by a barrier of Force energy. The echo of a bell rippled from the Celestial’s defences, his body driven upwards and into the light.

 

Crimson lightning blossomed from the Son’s hands, a blast that the daughter turned aside with a wave of her hand before it could strike their Father’s back. She stood between her brother and his target, but did nothing to stop May as she slashed away at the old man’s defences.

 

“Father made his choice when he tried to steal the free will of others, but this is a battle for May and the mortals,” the Daughter enveloped the son in an emerald bubble, a barrier that dissipated his lighting without effort. “Their actions have greatly strengthened the light side of the Force, a peace that has empowered me well beyond you or Father, so don’t bother trying to break free.”

 

“Impossible…” the Son frowned as his sister pinned his arms to his side. The Daughter just laughed at his confusion and returned her focus to May. Their Father was on the backfoot, forced to keep well clear of the sword-dragon’s fangs or risk a true death.

 

“I wouldn’t mind the help, you know…” May ground her teeth as another title wave of Force energy crashed against her. The newborn divinity within her was enough to defend, but each blow rattled her bones. “I’m not interested in hoarding all the glory, so feel free to jump in.”

 

“Sorry, but it’s best if you defeat Father on your own,” the Daughter laughed, her eyes focused as she constrained her unruly sibling. “If he falls by our hands, nothing will change. Only if he is defeated by an outsider, will he perhaps see the folly of his path.”

 

“Convenient,” May snorted as her weapon released a flash of dragon-fire, golden flame that clung to the Father’s defences like oil. A clap of his hands and the fire concentrated into an arrow. It launched back the way it came, narrowly avoided as she shot the Daughter a dirty look. “I’m not sure I can actually do more than a stalemate, his power is endless…”

14