Chapter 51
201 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip back from Tidia was quite uneventful.

After we had a leisure breakfast, out of consideration for me Firana-oneesama bought a carriage.

She didn’t want to hire an escort from the guild considering what happened on our trip here but since she also wanted to stay inside the carriage, we ended up hiring someone anyway to ride the horse.

“If another bandit group assaults us, I will simply eliminate them this time. We have no time for sidetracks after all.”

With how strong she is, I had no doubt she can easily do so.

In the first place, I don’t think a bandit assault is something that would happen too often?

I would worry for this kingdom’s security if we encounter a bandit group every time we travel from town to town.

As expected, the trip back was uneventful.

This carriage was nowhere near as comfortable as the carriage we used from the capital but it was comfortable enough that my butt wasn’t hurting by the time we arrived.

Still, I wonder what happened to the carriage we used before, I’m guessing they’re still at the bandit’s camp?

I doubt Firana-oneesama would care about it that much though, she can always buy a new one to replace it after all just like how casually she bought one for this short trip back.

She even gave the carriage and the horse we used to rode back here to the adventurer she hired.

We immediately went back to the dorm after we returned.

There were not really much to prepare for tomorrow as we’re not allowed to bring that much stuffs so we mostly ended up lazing around at our room when we got back.

Well, lazing around by Firana-oneesama’s standard at least.

We were simply having some teatime while engaging in idle chatters for the most part but I still had to keep my posture and behaviour, it’s not like I was allowed to act slovenly.

The day passed and it was soon the next day.

Firana-oneesama was already gone by the time I woke up, though she did tell me that the 3rd years will be going to another kingdom entirely thus their group have to be on their way from quite early in the morning, right after the sun just rise.

After a quick final check, I went out to the designated gathering place.

There were already a couple of people around but I didn’t see anyone from my group.

Well, I only know 3 out of the 5 other people in my group so they might already be here but I simply don’t recognize them.

 Either way, I have to wait for Vora and Ru to introduce me to the other 2 I haven’t met with.

I picked a secluded spot with a good unobstructed view so I could spot Rune or Vora whenever they come.

Logically there shouldn’t be anyone who would approach me, after all they have their own group to worry about on top of having no business at all with me.

Yes, logically speaking that should be the case and yet…..

“Hey beautiful, I’ve never seen you before. Would you like to spend some time with me after this whole nonsense is over? I promise I’ll give you the time of your life.”

Somehow I’m being hit on…..

He even winked at me!

His actions quite literally gave me shivers, and of course not in a good way.

“U-Ummm, and you are…..?”

“Ahhhh, my apologies. Your beauty completely smitten me that I forgot to introduce myself. My name is…..”

“Dinzo Sefaros, regrettably one of the members in our group.”

Vora was already near enough for us to hear his voice before I noticed.

He looked at Dinzo with cold eyes while holding the hilt of his sword.

So this person is Dinzo……He surely fit the rumours Firana-oneesama told me about.

“Vora, you should loosen up a bit, have some fun in your life. I can introduce you to a nice place.”

“No thank you. How about you stop slacking off and actually…..”

“More importantly, since we are in the same group, that would mean you’re the rumoured crosser then? As much as I want to date you, you’re under the protection of the Selesia family after all. I know better than to provoke that girl so regrettably we won’t be able to spend time together after all.”

He let out an over-the-top sigh before taking a hold of my hand.

“….!?”

Just as I was wondering what he was doing, he bent down brought his mouth closer to the back of my hand.

I had enough time to react but his grip was stronger than I thought, and just as I thought he would kiss it…..

“That’s enough of your nonsense.”

Vora’s sword skillfully slipped between his lips and my hand.

With that Dinzo finally let go of my hand and stepped back.

“Cheh, fine fine. You’re really no fun at all Vora.”

T-This sure has been a stellar start to our group…..

“Ahhh Misa!”

Ru and Hiyori came at just the right timing.

There was also an unknown guy following behind them. He is most likely Mika, the person we didn’t get to meet before since he was sick.

“Sorry we’re late.”

“Me and piyopiyo figured it would be better for us to get Mika first~ Ahhh, by the way this is Mika.”

“Nice to meet you.”

The guy mentioned extended his hand towards us, or rather me in particular most likely because I’m the closest to him.

I accepted and gave him a quick and firm handshake.

“So the other 2 guys over there staring at each other are the rest of our group?”

“…..Yes. Allow me to apologize on their behalf.”

“No, just having one sensible person from the noble class is already more than I can ask for, I was expecting worse.”

….Most of those from the commoner class really don’t have a good impression of us do they……

The two of them are still arguing with each other, not even noticing that Ru, Hiyori, and Mika have arrived.

Just as I was wondering on how to break those 2 up, the teacher called out everyone in a large voice.

“I will be explaining the details of the expedition now so listen up.”

They finally took notice Ru and the others.

Dinzo in particular was staring at Hiyori quite intensely.

I paid it no mind and focused on the teacher’s explanation instead.

To summarize, our goal is to reach the encampment set up in the middle of the forest within 3 days.

Every group will be given a special magic compass that’ll point them towards the said camp and a general set of camp tools.

There are monsters roaming around in the forest so it’s not a fun field trip by any means.

Though it hadn’t happened for the past few years, there had been records of students actually losing their life in this expedition so it’s not a safe field trip or such.

Each group will be supervised by a well trusted high rank adventurer from the shadow, and in case the adventurer in question judged that the situation has turned dangerous they’ll step in and keep the students save.

Students can also resign themselves if they think they can’t handle it anymore, though of course it’ll be counted as failing the expedition.

As for the consequences of failing, it was honestly pretty mild all things considered……?

You’re only forced to attend supplementary classes for half your holiday, which if you consider the fact that we’re kind of putting our life on the line here, is quite the lax consequence for tapping out.

I suppose they can’t really give out harsh punishments, especially so towards the noble children?

It does feel lax enough that some people might just purposely resign from the start though.

 

Everyone was separated a good distance away and even the time everyone entered was different.

Attacking another group is strictly forbidden and so does teaming up with another.

In the case you do end up meeting with another group, you can chat with them for a bit but not too long, around 30 minutes at most.

For our group, by a majority vote I ended up becoming the group leader.

I’ll be deciding which direction we go and what to do when we encounter monsters and such.

Honestly at first I felt like it would be too much of a responsibility for me but the moment we entered the forest, I realized how easy this would be.

If I were to concentrate a bit, I can see everything.

All the plants and trees convey what’s around them if I ask, and since we’re in a forest that also just means I can quite literally spot anything in the vicinity.

The other groups and monsters that’re around us, heck even the adventurer that’s keeping an eye on us from quite a distance away, I could easily spot them.

Of course I didn’t tell anyone in the group about it as that would only bring unwanted attention.

“Hmmm, did they purposely carve out a path to make it easier for us?”

My heart immediately jumped as Vora said that out of nowhere.

I had been purposely making the direction we’re travelling to be smoother but I didn’t think anyone would notice.

It was just a minor change to make us have better footing, I didn’t do anything outrageous like telling the trees to move out of the way and carve a path for us.

I thought this much is fine but I guess I have to be more careful.

“Hehe, it’s clearly because my Misa is a natural leader!”

“She’s not yours.”

Hiyori gave a chop to Ru.

“Aren’t you ladies quite relaxed.”

Dinzo chimed in with his carefree tone, clearly being the most relaxed one out of all of us as he’s walking with both of his hands holding the back of his head.

He’s been surprisingly obedient thus far, definitely against my expectation.

As for Mika, he was silently following along for the most part, not really saying much unless he has something to convey.

We, or rather most of us continued to go on our lax pace.

Most of the chatting came from Ru with me and Hiyori replying, Dinzo would also chime in for time to time.

I’ve been picking direction that generally avoid the monsters roaming in the forest so we hadn’t encounter any thus far, though there’s a big cluster in front now that’ll make it very unnatural if we were to circle around them.

I wonder if I should tell them or let them notice the group themselves…..

“Everyone, quiet down. I can feel a group of monsters in front.”

While I was still pondering, Vora seemed to have sensed the monsters instead.

It’s quite amazing as we’re still about 200 meters away and our view forward are blocked by the trees.

“So how are we tackling this one leader?”

Dinzo questioned me, still in his carefree tone.

“We should scout what kind and how much monsters are there first before engaging.”

I proposed a relatively safe and reasonable plan.

I already knew how much monsters there are but of course I can’t just casually announce it.

I looked at everyone and immediately noticed a problem.

“Come to think of it, we don’t know each other’s role and fighting style do we……”

“We should’ve discussed that before entering. I completely forgot about it.”

Vora said so while glaring at Dinzo, which got replied with a simple shrug by him.

“I know Vora’s no good with being stealthy so is any one of you an experienced scout by some chance?”

Vora glared at Dinzo even harder but didn’t refute so I guess Vora really is no good at scouting.

A few moments passed with no reply.

Mnnn, should I go myself then……?

But a scout specializing in magic while also being no good at close quarter combat, I don’t think that would fly.

Ru looked like she was about to raise her hand before she got cut off by Dinzo’s loud overexaggerated sigh.

“Haahhh, fine. I’ll go do it then.”

Once again, contrary to my expectation Dinzo stepped up and volunteered himself.

There was no objection and he soon went off towards the group of monsters.

If it gets dangerous I can always have the plants protect him so I’m not really worried.

Rather, I felt like the more time passed, the more relaxed I was.

I don’t think any danger can befall upon us while I’m here, all the plants in the forest are practically on my side after all.

While we were waiting, I noticed Dinzo suddenly charging into a group of monsters.

It was so surprising that I let out a small scream.

“Misa!?”

“Ahhh, i-it’s nothing. I felt something brushing against my legs but it was just the plants. Apologies for alerting everyone.”

I continued to watch over Dinzo but he seemed like he was doing fine.

Rather, the monsters are getting annihilated by him…..?

Ahhh, all the monsters are gone.

Wow, he just wiped out those monsters in one go.

It was a group of 7 goblins but he smoothly cut them all down in one go with his sword.

Against my expectations yet again, it seems like Dinzo is very capable.

He returned to us not long after.

“How was it?”

Vora immediately questioned him as Dinzo came in sight.

“Hmmm? Ahhh, yeah. It was only a small group of goblins, nothing to worry about.”

“Alright, so let’s….”

“No need no need. I already killed all of them.”

Vora once again glared at Dinzo.

“…..I really hate that about you.”

“Sheesh, what did I do wrong?”

Ngghhh, they’re really not getting along well at all.

“W-Well, we should go then.”

I diverted the topic to get this bad atmosphere away.

After a bit of walking, the corpses of Dinzo’s victims came into view.

“Whoaaa, you’re stronger than I thought!”

Ru complimented Dinzo honestly.

“Haha, you can go on a date with me as gratitude.”

“No thank you.”

He was immediately rejected without a delay.

He slumped down for a bit before directing his attention to Hiyori.

“Then how about….”

“In your dreams.”

“Ghhhh!”

Ahhh, he fell to his knees.

“Usually girls would swoon over me after I showed my cool side……”

I could hear him muttering to himself.

Nnnn, for once he’s actually acting according to my expectations.

“A-Anyway, let us move on!”

Again, I tried to divert the topic.

Is this also the role of a leader I wonder……

 

 

It's Monday so you know what that means~ it's Misa Monday~! Yeah, since the double M rhymed I've decide to set the weekly schedule for CWP to Monday(courtesy of a friend of mine). Another news, I'll also start, or rather I already started the release of a patreon-exclusive novel over at patreon(duh). That one will also have a once a week update every Friday, each chapter is about a single chaper of CWP in length. I don't plan on making that free for the public, at the very least not anytime soon as I want the paying members of my patreon to finally actually get something in return for their support so if you're curious about that and would like to support me, you can check that out. Hopefully I can actually keep myself on schedule this time without irl messing things up, but I've already finished writing enough chapters for CWP and that new project for the next 2 months so you shouldn't worry about no update within this period of time at least~ Either way I've rambled enough, don't push yourself on the patreon thing if you don't have the disposable income for it~ I'm already grateful enough that there are still people who read and enjoy CWP, and CWP shall remain untouched by patreon stuffs so you don't need to worry about that~

6